Will we do a long-term Deal with Ceedee, deal him or let him play on his last year for 17m?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have absolutely no doubt that we'll do a long-term deal and lower his cap hit quite a bit for this year. I mean, when A.J. Brown restructured his deal with Philly, it lowered his hit to $6 million, then $8 million the next year and $12 million next year. As with most of these deals, it only balloons after that ($26 million in 2025, $41 million in 2026), making it either necessary to restructure or cut him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
One of the 3 players will get left out. My money is its Micah. Id be a bit shocked it we actually trade Dak. Micah would be the easy guy to trade away. But if we do, we had better have a friggin plan.Our fanbase and the media will commit Harry Carey. Id be extremely shocked if we traded Ceedee instead. Hes gotten better and is ascending to being generational.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
One of the 3 players will get left out. My money is its Micah. Id be a bit shocked it we actually trade Dak. Micah would be the easy guy to trade away. But if we do, we had better have a friggin plan.Our fanbase and the media will commit Harry Carey. Id be extremely shocked if we traded Ceedee instead. Hes gotten better and is ascending to being generational.
I completely disagree. All three will get re Signed and they can afford it through contract restructures and manipulating of the cap.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They will absolutely extend Parsons and Lamb for huge money.

Now all we need to do is find leaders.
I dont feel we have that Alpha dog on the roster yet. Id like to see Dono Wilson step up into that role. Like Woodson did. Maybe Zimmer and Harris can turn him into that.But again, I think we gotta hit free agency and the draft to find us a couple leaders.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
CDee still has this coming season left to play, we can franchise him after this season too. Micah has 2 years left, with a possible 3rd being franchised as well. CDee I assume we extend during the offseason to get us some cap relief. We don't have to worry about Parsons for at least another 2 seasons unless he decides to hold out - which I doubt he will.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I completely disagree. All three will get re Signed and they can afford it through contract restructures and manipulating of the cap.
That hamstrings us in free agency. I feel this is the year where we shake things up and deal a player away. Its just economics.

Rayman70

Reaction score
CDee still has this coming season left to play, we can franchise him after this season too. Micah has 2 years left, with a possible 3rd being franchised as well. CDee I assume we extend during the offseason to get us some cap relief. We don't have to worry about Parsons for at least another 2 seasons unless he decides to hold out - which I doubt he will.
Micah will be on the final year of his rookie deal this year. Unless I am mistaken. This is prime time to trade him if we feel we can't pay him the bag.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'm sure all 3 get signed this offseason. Gonna be a lot of managing and pushing around money. Its going to be like 120-130 mil per year for all 3 of them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He has a year left and the 5th year option though I think he gets done next year since the 5th year option is 24 mil
They would be foolish to let him get that far along I think. BUT MAYBE their logic is, let him earn it. Guys usually play great on a contract year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What will we do with Ceedee guys? Let him get to the end of the year? THEN negotiate? He will cost more, yes? If he gets traded Id be pissed. Then again, after they watched the Packer receivers kill us all game, maybe they are rethinking Ceedee. I mean...CD kinda checked out in that game while Jerry was watching no name receivers rise up and have career games.