Will we do a long-term Deal with Ceedee, deal him or let him play on his last year for 17m?

Sandyf

Reaction score
The cap is likely to be closer to $250 million. Dallas will extend Lamb to 1) lower his cap number in 2024 and 2) to have a #1 WR on the roster for this year and the next 5 years after 2024. Cowboys have the ability to gain $50 million under the cap even without a Dak extension although I suspect the extension is just a matter of time and likely around $56 to $60 million a year average.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Football wins aren't an individual stat. You can be an absolute baller and still have your team choke a 1st round playoff game.
true but he was like the rest of the players and no balling in that game.
Bottom line is he had no effect on the outcome of the game esp the first half.

1 guy cant win a game, that is why they should not pay 1-3 guys all the money. It makes no sense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The cap is likely to be closer to $250 million. Dallas will extend Lamb to 1) lower his cap number in 2024 and 2) to have a #1 WR on the roster for this year and the next 5 years after 2024. Cowboys have the ability to gain $50 million under the cap even without a Dak extension although I suspect the extension is just a matter of time and likely around $56 to $60 million a year average.
yeah better pay lamb as the highest paid wr in nfl !!
because he has helped them win so many playoff games !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He was a first team all pro this year, 2nd team last year and this quite honestly they didn’t give him the ball enough. He absolutely has deserved it. You can’t just “forget about stats” that’s ridiculous. This is such an antiquated out dated argument.
no it isnt, stats are all flawed in how they are compiled, therefore meaningless.

I will give you a couple of instances that are flawed yet have been here forever lol.

points allowed by a defense - in with these are pick 6's so if the offense throws a pick 6, the 7 points are counted against the defense,
when it actually was the offense which gave up the points.
points scored by offense, if the defense gets a pick 6 the offense is given credit for the 7 points in the total points lol no big deal huh?

if the offense gets the ball at opponents 3 yd line after a fumble or int, the offense gets credit for the 7 points, no credit is given to the defense
which set them up at the 3.

fans look at the totals, and just believe what they see no one thinks about what really happened on each score.
Same for ST scores , I think they are just thrown in with offense total points.

There are many flaws in how stats are compiled , which the nfl does just to make players and teams look better than they are.

All pro etc are at least mostly meaningless.

I am not saying lamb isnt a good wr, I am just saying he isnt as good as he himself thinks, and what many fans thinks he is.

Is he more valuable to the team as a current player at say 30 mil a year or being traded and getting a round 1 pick and some lower round picks?
That way use the #1 pick you get for him and get another top wr, at rookie pay and have the extra picks you can use for trading up?
Dak and lamb are more valuable if you trade them for good picks, than as a high paid player.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
no it isnt, stats are all flawed in how they are compiled, therefore meaningless.

I will give you a couple of instances that are flawed yet have been here forever lol.

points allowed by a defense - in with these are pick 6's so if the offense throws a pick 6, the 7 points are counted against the defense,
when it actually was the offense which gave up the points.
points scored by offense, if the defense gets a pick 6 the offense is given credit for the 7 points in the total points lol no big deal huh?

if the offense gets the ball at opponents 3 yd line after a fumble or int, the offense gets credit for the 7 points, no credit is given to the defense
which set them up at the 3.

fans look at the totals, and just believe what they see no one thinks about what really happened on each score.
Same for ST scores , I think they are just thrown in with offense total points.

There are many flaws in how stats are compiled , which the nfl does just to make players and teams look better than they are.

All pro etc are at least mostly meaningless.

I am not saying lamb isnt a good wr, I am just saying he isnt as good as he himself thinks, and what many fans thinks he is.

Is he more valuable to the team as a current player at say 30 mil a year or being traded and getting a round 1 pick and some lower round picks?
That way use the #1 pick you get for him and get another top wr, at rookie pay and have the extra picks you can use for trading up?
Dak and lamb are more valuable if you trade them for good picks, than as a high paid player.
This assumes all stats are equal. You can’t just make a blanket statement that stats don’t matter and cherry pick misleading stats as a basis for that argument or as concrete evidence that substantiates your point.

Sure, some stats are absolutely misleading and frivolous but it doesn’t mean lamb shouldn’t be paid. The team is closer to winning with dak and lamb than without and they should try and capitalize on that rather than rebuild and collect assets but regardless saying “stats are meaningless” is just silly.

No, certain stats are meaningless but not tangible stats that correlate to team success

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
They can afford all 3 and will sign all 3.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CD feasted on the weaker teams on Dallas’ schedule last season, yet disappeared in the big games. The schedule should be tougher this season given Dallas won the NFC East, so I would let him play out his final year to show me he can produce against better competition. And if he does…then by all means pay him; if not, then Jerry saves himself a couple of bucks and can buy some more art work for the stadium.
We all know Jerry isn’t shy about throwing money at players
All 3 who will eat up most of our cap (DAK,MICAH,CD) only show up mostly against DOG Teams and usually at home.
Pay them trillions at this point who the heck cares?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As disgusted with this team as I am and even with my cut'm all and let god sort'm out mindset, Lamb is right now maybe the best wr in the game, plenty of prime years to go. He's not going anywhere, nor should he. I mean if you are anti Dak, then you must feel the Lamb would have 2000 yards with a better QB. He just topped 1700.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd probably get rid of him and then cry about not having anybody to throw too. That should give the choker another 3 or more years here. "you can't get rid of dak, he's got nobody to throw to"

excuse 1991

Thomas82

Reaction score
I can't imagine him going to training camp without a new deal. I believe we'll get him signed.

Jayinem

Reaction score
All 3 who will eat up most of our cap (DAK,MICAH,CD) only show up mostly against DOG Teams and usually at home.
Pay them trillions at this point who the heck cares?
I wish there were no salary cap or contracts, and we could offer Mahomes like 500 million per season to be Cowboys QB. :muttley: