Will we do a long-term Deal with Ceedee, deal him or let him play on his last year for 17m?

Jarntt

Reaction score
There is no discussion unless CeeDee wants more than we will give him. The plan, I'm sure, is 100% to sign him long term.

Creeper

Reaction score
One of the 3 players will get left out. My money is its Micah. Id be a bit shocked it we actually trade Dak. Micah would be the easy guy to trade away. But if we do, we had better have a friggin plan.Our fanbase and the media will commit Harry Carey. Id be extremely shocked if we traded Ceedee instead. Hes gotten better and is ascending to being generational.
I am not against trading anyone as long as we get good value for him. I am not trading Micah unless I get a haul of good picks for him. But I would keep him for his 5 year rookie deal, then franchise him and trade him at that point. But again, I would not trade him just to get rid of him. I would hold out for a quality trade package.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am not against trading anyone as long as we get good value for him. I am not trading Micah unless I get a haul of good picks for him. But I would keep him for his 5 year rookie deal, then franchise him and trade him at that point. But again, I would not trade him just to get rid of him. I would hold out for a quality trade package.
agree on all counts

Rayman70

Reaction score
There is no discussion unless CeeDee wants more than we will give him. The plan, I'm sure, is 100% to sign him long term.
Micah will want 200 mill range money. Just watch. We see what baseball players get, just crazy money, but at some point we will see Mahomes -like deals routinely.

Creeper

Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
I am certain the CeeDee will be offered an extension of some kind. I am not certain CeeDee will take it. The Cowboy need CeeDee to take a new deal to get CAP relief. If he does not agree to an extension Dallas will almost certainly have to extend Dak. It will be interesting to see who Jerry extends first. If he extends CeeDee first then at least he has a little more leverage with Dak. At least he will be able to get under the CAP with a few more restructures. If CeeDee declines, then Jerry has a problem.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
his contract will get redone, there is a whole bunch of contract redo that has to happen and it all got to work with agents, players, so there is a quiet period. I assume he will get a contract and his cap hit will save us 10M on the cap. I assume there is discussion with Tyron agent on resigning him to a reasonable contract for a couple of years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I feel this offseason will be different. I think Jerry badly feels like he must shake things up. After talking to Jimmy, I bet he does. I feel like we will be shocked by draft day.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They can keep all 3 if they want to, Dallas has always had a #1 WR. Trading Ceedee would be going into rebuilding mode and I don't see that happening. There's no way Ceedee plays on a one year deal either. He'll be looking at 20M+ a year. I don't see Dallas changing anything.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He is going to get a bucket of money this offseason, and he has earned it. It's dumb to play the waiting game with a guy you have no doubts about and you know is part of your core.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well I would trade lamb and get some draft picks, and use one of those to get a new good wr, who is rookie cheap!
That gives you 4 years of a cheap wr who is good as lamb.

But jerry loves lamb, so he will sign him to a top pay contract as highest paid wr in nfl.
Jerry thinks it is ok to pay cd 30 mil a year for next 4-5 years lol.
Dak will get 60 mil
Parsons I dont know. but they should keep him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well I would trade lamb and get some draft picks, and use one of those to get a new good wr, who is rookie cheap!
That gives you 4 years of a cheap wr who is good as lamb.

But jerry loves lamb, so he will sign him to a top pay contract as highest paid wr in nfl.
Jerry thinks it is ok to pay cd 30 mil a year for next 4-5 years lol.
Dak will get 60 mil
Parsons I dont know. but they should keep him.
You arent wrong. Like you said, Jerry won't do that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He is going to get a bucket of money this offseason, and he has earned it. It's dumb to play the waiting game with a guy you have no doubts about and you know is part of your core.
lol he hasnt "earned it" how has he earned it?
No player on this team has earned top paying contract. Except maybe the kicker and punter.
All the rest are no shows in big games.

Forget about the stats, they are fairly meaningless.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No player on this team has earned top paying contract. Except maybe the kicker and punter.

He was a first team all pro this year, 2nd team last year and this quite honestly they didn’t give him the ball enough. He absolutely has deserved it. You can’t just “forget about stats” that’s ridiculous. This is such an antiquated out dated argument.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

Football wins aren't an individual stat. You can be an absolute baller and still have your team choke a 1st round playoff game.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I think lamb gets done this year because a new deal is cheaper than 5th year option. Micah’s will likely be done the same. His 5th year option after next year is 24 mil so that’s the best spot to extend guys
Lamb signed the 5th-year option last April for $19.7 M. A new contract would be in the $25-28M range. Parson and Lance's 5th is due by May 2nd.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Horrible post.

Hes overrated because he isnt a top-10 player of all time caliber? Lol
He isnt worth resetting the WR market, Look at superbowl winning teams, they arent there. If he was top 20 all-time sure, but this is chasing. take 5th year option, tag him another year or trade for a 1st rounder and pick up another

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We sign CeeDee and Dak with big bonuses that lower their CAP hits. We will do the same thing with Parsons when the time is right.
There will be plenty of money to go after LBs and lower tier vets, probably at least 1 RB. Don’t be shocked if we bring in a vet inside runner and try to bring Pollard back on a 2-3 year deal that keeps his annual pay around 6-7 million. It’s not a good year to draft a RB unless you do it earlier than you want. If Jerry is all in, this can all be done. All in means you give Dak a contract you can manage. If you are not all in, then you cut Dak, trade picks and players to stockpile future picks, and start looking for an opportunity to draft your next franchise QB. That may take a few years and some luck. But if that was the plan, you would have fired Mike and started rebuilding with a new coach.