Will we do a long-term Deal with Ceedee, deal him or let him play on his last year for 17m?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm sure all 3 get signed this offseason. Gonna be a lot of managing and pushing around money. Its going to be like 120-130 mil per year for all 3 of them.
To your point, I cant see us doing that. Most of our cap will be eaten but 3 guys. Not to mention, what about Pollard?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm like for sure all 3 will get signed. But then added all 3 up I was like umm how doe? Lol
I hear ya man. I tried too lol...which is why I decided to do this thread topic, because the math wasnt adding up. Something must give.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let him play out his deal and tag him next year. This team isn’t doing much next year so let’s see how it plays out. You’re gonna have a bunch of money tied up in the QB for years to come and if he’s being paid to carry the team we should look to trade 88 and go cheaper there and build the defense.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Cee Dee is overrated. There are only a few WRs worth big money. tag him next year and cut bait

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I'm anxious to hear your reasoning. He just led the entire league in receptions.
Look, CeeDee is a top 10 Receiver, but so what when GB schemed him out ocf the game? he is not a generational Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald Randy Moss type player. Look at the receivers with the most yards since 2000. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/top-receivers-since-2000. Cee Dee is slight, he isnt a Moss or Hill burner, he isnt a prime Julio Jones size/speed. He is more of a Diggs player that is gonna hit a wall in his 27-29 age range. Paying top dollar for a WR has not worked for anyone to win a SB - not that Atlanta or AZ/Fitz were the problem. The QB will pad reg season stats and choke it in the playoffs. We need a Baltimore or Denver ca2016 defense to win

He makes his QB better, but not enough to really move the needle.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
*As I wrote in a post, it is breathtaking what CeeDee could achieve if paired with a QB wi6h a quick release yet a softer (rpm) ball.
*Like it or not we are stuck with Dak "Pick 6" Prescott at least through 2024.
*As good as Micah can be, we need to shore up our D with a pair of bodies or draft picks.
So, esteemed lad, Micah seems most the man out., don't you agree me lord?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm anxious to hear your reasoning. He just led the entire league in receptions.
We played the weakest pass defense schedule in the league. Dak and Lamb had career years. It's not a coincidence.

However, I'd be in favor of keeping Lamb.

cristglo

Reaction score
I hear ya man. I tried too lol...which is why I decided to do this thread topic, because the math wasnt adding up. Something must give.
You do Dak and Cee Dee lowers their cap hit for this year You have time in Micha with Fifth year option
Basically just kick the can down the road and wait for it to catch up with you. Lol

LysleE

Reaction score
CD feasted on the weaker teams on Dallas’ schedule last season, yet disappeared in the big games. The schedule should be tougher this season given Dallas won the NFC East, so I would let him play out his final year to show me he can produce against better competition. And if he does…then by all means pay him; if not, then Jerry saves himself a couple of bucks and can buy some more art work for the stadium.
We all know Jerry isn’t shy about throwing money at players

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Look, CeeDee is a top 10 Receiver, but so what when GB schemed him out ocf the game? he is not a generational Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald Randy Moss type player. Look at the receivers with the most yards since 2000. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/top-receivers-since-2000. Cee Dee is slight, he isnt a Moss or Hill burner, he isnt a prime Julio Jones size/speed. He is more of a Diggs player that is gonna hit a wall in his 27-29 age range. Paying top dollar for a WR has not worked for anyone to win a SB - not that Atlanta or AZ/Fitz were the problem. The QB will pad reg season stats and choke it in the playoffs. We need a Baltimore or Denver ca2016 defense to win

Horrible post.

Hes overrated because he isnt a top-10 player of all time caliber? Lol

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I can't imagine CD showing up without a new deal. IMHO if he did his agent should be fired.

John813

Reaction score

CDL will be 25 years old next year. If they could get 3 more years of last years production IMO you take that 8 days a week.

Sure, he was AWOL to start the Packers game, but so was every other starter that game.

conner01

Reaction score
They would be foolish to let him get that far along I think. BUT MAYBE their logic is, let him earn it. Guys usually play great on a contract year.
I think it’s more spreading out when players hit the big part of their contract. Lamb is in the position this year and Micah will be next year. Just before the 5th year option kicks in.

conner01

Reaction score
I can't imagine CD showing up without a new deal. IMHO if he did his agent should be fired.
I think lamb gets done this year because a new deal is cheaper than 5th year option. Micah’s will likely be done the same. His 5th year option after next year is 24 mil so that’s the best spot to extend guys

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I hope they can figure out want happened during the GB game and get that fixed. Do they need a new QB, WR or both?