Will we do a long-term Deal with Ceedee, deal him or let him play on his last year for 17m?

Mikexike

Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
Serious question, Would we rather have Ceedee or Aiyuk?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Lamb must be signed. He will get a huge contract. Most of it will be bonus. He is the centerpiece of our receiving corps And the only real playmaker on offense right now. Cooks is a nice piece, and he was good in the red zone, but I didn’t see a playmaker. Ferguson looks to be a safe security blanket for Dak, but his blocking sucks, and he’s not a difference maker. If Jerry doesn’t get Lamb signed very soon, then his all in is just a 1 year pipe dream that he will blow up next offseason.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Serious question, Would we rather have Ceedee or Aiyuk?
Both are great, but Lamb. What he and Dak did with no run game at all and no Debo/Kittle types cannot be underestimated despite what happened in the playoffs.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
He will be 25 in a couple of months. And you think he will hit a wall in 2-4 years??? Sorry I just don't see that.

Of the top 25 receiving season, the following were over 26. When taken in conjunction with the QBs, there is a better than average chance CeeDee will never have a season better than 2023. More to the point KC traded away Tyreek Hill who is a multiple entrant on here and posted the 2 best season post trade. Result - KC wins 2 straight superbowls, Miami out in round 1 this year, just like DAllas

Yards
- Cooper Kupp (28) - 2021, 1,947yds
- Jerry Rice (32) - 1995, 1,848yds
- Antonio Brown (27) - 2015, 1,834yds
- Tyreek Hill (28,29)- 2022, 2023; 1,710yds, 1,799yds
- Tory Holt (27) - 2003, 1,696yds
- Marvin Harrison (27,30) - 1999, 2002; 1.663yds, 1,722yds
- Julio Jones (29) - 2018, 1,677yds
- Jimmy Smith (30) - 1999

Receptipons
- Cooper Kupp (28)
- Marvin Harrison (30)
- Antonio Brown (27)
- DaVante Adams (28)
- Wes Welker (28,30,31)
- Chris Carter (28,29)
- Jerry Rice (32)
- Tyreek Hill (28,29)
- Brandon Marshall (28)
- Tory Holt (27)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’re definitely not trading him. He’s by far our best WR. Couldn’t imagine what our offense would have looked like without him this past season.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Of the top 25 receiving season, the following were over 26. When taken in conjunction with the QBs, there is a better than average chance CeeDee will never have a season better than 2023. More to the point KC traded away Tyreek Hill who is a multiple entrant on here and posted the 2 best season post trade. Result - KC wins 2 straight superbowls, Miami out in round 1 this year, just like DAllas

Yards
- Cooper Kupp (28) - 2021, 1,947yds
- Jerry Rice (32) - 1995, 1,848yds
- Antonio Brown (27) - 2015, 1,834yds
- Tyreek Hill (28,29)- 2022, 2023; 1,710yds, 1,799yds
- Tory Holt (27) - 2003, 1,696yds
- Marvin Harrison (27,30) - 1999, 2002; 1.663yds, 1,722yds
- Julio Jones (29) - 2018, 1,677yds
- Jimmy Smith (30) - 1999

Receptipons
- Cooper Kupp (28)
- Marvin Harrison (30)
- Antonio Brown (27)
- DaVante Adams (28)
- Wes Welker (28,30,31)
- Chris Carter (28,29)
- Jerry Rice (32)
- Tyreek Hill (28,29)
- Brandon Marshall (28)
- Tory Holt (27)
If your point is that its never worth it to pay a wide receiver huge money, I can somewhat understand that point.

Where you lose me and most other people is when you made it seem like you are singling out Ceedee. He is one of the top receivers in the game, always available, and consistently getting better. Nobody should be surprised if he did have another 1700+ yard season next year considering the offense didnt get going until after the 9ers debacle.

CWR

Reaction score
Did I miss Criss Angel handling our salary cap? lol. How we gonna do this?
Can't believe people still haven't caught up to how malleable the cap actually is. When's the last time we lost someone we really valued?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Can't believe people still haven't caught up to how malleable the cap actually is. When's the last time we lost someone we really valued?
when's the last time we had 3 dudes all due at once like these guys and the stature of them? Micah Dak Ceedee all want the max deals. I get what you're saying but this is much different this time.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
Dak, Lamb, and Parsons sell jerseys..........that is more important to Jerry than actually winning anything............they are going nowhere.

If we have to field a team of undrafted rookies to keep these three guys, we will.

CWR

Reaction score
when's the last time we had 3 dudes all due at once like these guys and the stature of them? Micah Dak Ceedee all want the max deals. I get what you're saying but this is much different this time.
They aren't all due at the same time. Their contracts will be staggered and they will push money a dozen different directions.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CDL will be 25 years old next year. If they could get 3 more years of last years production IMO you take that 8 days a week.

Sure, he was AWOL to start the Packers game, but so was every other starter that game.
I still think something happened between Lamb, Dak, and maybe Fat Mike right before the Packer game.

All three looked like they wanted to be somewhere else, Lamb was sitting by himself on the bench, Dak had that deer in the headlights look, and Fat Mike was stressing because he couldnt find his chocolate shake from In and Out Burger, LOL.

In all seriousness, it did seem like something went down and we will probably never hear what it actually was. And keep in mind this was when the game started, not after the game had been going on a while and they were all shell-shocked from GB marching up and down the field, that was not it, Lamb, Dak, and Mikey started the game looking like they were hung over.

I dont know, that whole Packer game was just weird. Nobody is ever going to convince me something didnt go down before the game or during the week of practice or something that caused the whole team to just mail it in.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Nobody loses people they value but they end up paying for people they no longer value long after they are gone.

Reactions: CWR

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I still think something happened between Lamb, Dak, and maybe Fat Mike right before the Packer game.
Agree 100%. Everyone wants to just pretend like the whole thing never happened. I get that. I was beyond bad but it happened. A good team would figure out why and address it. IMHO it was about money. It is all any of them truly care about.

CWR

Reaction score
Nobody loses people they value but they end up paying for people they no longer value long after they are gone.
Yeah BB used to be really good at letting people walk a year early rather than a year late.

Havic

Reaction score
Resign to a 4 year contract with a club option for 5

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
If your point is that its never worth it to pay a wide receiver huge money, I can somewhat understand that point.

Where you lose me and most other people is when you made it seem like you are singling out Ceedee. He is one of the top receivers in the game, always available, and consistently getting better. Nobody should be surprised if he did have another 1700+ yard season next year considering the offense didnt get going until after the 9ers debacle.
Yea, I wouldnt pay WR unless it was a unicorn - its just too dependent on a QB. There are just very few games that they completely "takeover".
The short list of market setting first contract : Julio Jones, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, and probably Tyreek Hill (discounting for off field issues and demeanor).

I dont dislike him, but dont see him as a Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin workout fanatic or having intangibles that make up for a slighter frame and 4.51 40 time. No I dont think 40 time is the end all be all, but that size speed combo can carry you to 30. But tradin Tyreek hill and paying Chris Jones and others made KC another SB winner. Hell, Mercole Hardiman is a jag, but played the role they needed to win. They dont win without Chris Jones and Mahomes.

Id rather have more pass rushers, o line and a prime Derrick Henry type than top of market QB contract for a mid QB and a top of market WR contract for a very good WR getting the ball from a mid QB