Will we do a long-term Deal with Ceedee, deal him or let him play on his last year for 17m?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
If your point is that its never worth it to pay a wide receiver huge money, I can somewhat understand that point.

Where you lose me and most other people is when you made it seem like you are singling out Ceedee. He is one of the top receivers in the game, always available, and consistently getting better. Nobody should be surprised if he did have another 1700+ yard season next year considering the offense didnt get going until after the 9ers debacle.
Wont matter, we never sell any "developed/home grown talent" at the highs anyway. Always hold on to people 2-3 years too long because we have a "structural advantage" oif having an owner/GM who can say "yeah, he may tail off in a year, but he'll sell 40% more jerseys based on this past year, so it washes"

conner01

Reaction score
Lamb signed the 5th-year option last April for $19.7 M. A new contract would be in the $25-28M range. Parson and Lance's 5th is due by May 2nd.
The team exercises the 5th year option the year before. They can now negotiate and it will be in the top 5 range but the cap number can be low for a few years

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
CeeDee, because I've already seen him be wildly successful in this offense. You'd be trading a bird in the hand for one in the bush.
Personally probably wouldnt pay either the max, but you keep CeeDee assuming he doesnt have any issues only known within the org

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hes due 17 mil in 2024 if we do nothing, then hes a free agent. But should we pay him the 17 mil or shop him? Im not saying I want to, because I love his game, hes great. But what I am saying is, he wants paid a huge contract, and should we do that? Or just pay him the 17 mil, let him become a FA after the year? We all talk about Daks deal, and Micah coming up, but we forget about Ceedee. Truth is, we simply can't afford all 3 . We have big decisions to make guys, or at least Jerry does. Who gets left out?
They can afford all 3. Your premise is incorrect.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
He was a first team all pro this year, 2nd team last year and this quite honestly they didn’t give him the ball enough. He absolutely has deserved it. You can’t just “forget about stats” that’s ridiculous. This is such an antiquated out dated argument.
If these fan with “high standards” ran the team we’d consistently win 4-5 games after running out all the talented players because they didn’t win a title.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The future of the Dallas Cowboys................Dak.........Micah..........CD................God take pity for the ones who will remain suffering while these clowns make millions. :banghead:

shabazz

Reaction score
*As good as Micah can be, we need to shore up our D with a pair of bodies or draft picks.
So, esteemed lad, Micah seems most the man out., don't you agree me lord?
I'm really gonna miss his gum flapping, immaturity and mostly him going AWOL down the stretch of every season and against good teams and in playoffs......I just don't know if I can bear it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm really gonna miss his gum flapping, immaturity and mostly him going AWOL down the stretch of every season and against good teams and in playoffs......I just don't know if I can bear it.
We are your support. I will get a mod to provide the wind to your wings.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He carried the choker last year. Who will the choker throw to if we let him go? "I'd be scared, maybe we would get somebody worse. ohhhh, scary" let's go all in and pay 3 guys all the money. We can find losers to fill up the rest of the team..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They can afford all 3. Your premise is incorrect.
Right you are govnor, right you are.
But after we pay these 3 players plus keeping Tyron plus extending no names such as Malik Hooker ...
asssuming we can hire 49 other players ...Where is the extra cap money coming?

Toro9

Reaction score
Lamb is the only consistent offensive weapon. Deal him away and you might as well deal away Micah and Diggs.

Re-sign this dude.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
For most of the year I thought Lamb was a beacon of hope for the future. He was acting like a true professional. He looked like he could be our next Irvin. I do not mean our next stat machine that wears #88. I mean the heart beat of the team that values winning above everything else. After watching that Green Bay game and the pathetic displays that have followed I am no longer feeling that optimistic.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The cowboys will become the three amigos... Dak, CD and MP.....
Everyone else off to the soup line with you.
And those three will set the tone for what is expected and acceptable behavior. We are doomed.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys will get a deal done and make CD the top paid wr.