Will we have a let down, or is this team different?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it's a short week against an opponent off a long week. They don't have to have a let down to lose this game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is different

even if they lose(bucs) or play a sloppy game(chargers) its a different mentality that says we fight until the game is over

Garrett's teams always fought. They just lost a lot of fights.

Big_D

Reaction score
so this team is easier to get excited about than in 2014 when we were 12-4? or in 2016 when we were 13-3?
2014 we walked into Seattle and beat them in their house with their vaunted 12th man.

2016 we went into Pitt and smacked them in the face in their house.... i was pretty excited about those teams.

yes! They went in as a quality offense and the defense deflated the situation. Why because they did a crap job on 1 side of the ball. Garrett’s seasons ended just as you thought they would. Zero confidence, zero hope. It’s what you do after you go 13-3 or 12-4. Those were anomalies while playoff failures were the norm. 2-3 in 10 years. How excited were you in 2019?

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Thanks, had no idea Cowboys would be favored this early.
McCaffery's injury and not playing.
America's team syndrome.
National attention, whupping of Philly.
Public perception.
I wouldn't touch this one.

75boyz

Reaction score
It won't be like the Eagles game. I don't think we steam roll them. I'd be surprised if we do. I wouldn't be surprise with a close win or a close loss. Hopefully our idiot kicker or coach for that matter doesn't cost us a game with a screw up kick or game management decision. Those two things are an actual worry for games that are close against good teams. We'll see.

Really good and accurate post. The combination of proper decision making and coaching against playoff level opponents is where I lack confidence.

One decision or coaching error usually means a loss.

Bad enough during the regular season.

I will be curious to see if this coach improves over the duration of the whole season.

Count it as another "hope strategy" from me, that he does for the team's sake. lol

And for me, it's pretty much a coin toss with the kicker too unfortunately.

jmo

Big_D

Reaction score
Garrett's teams always fought. They just lost a lot of fights.

This ultimately meant nothing! Fighting hard and then sitting home. It’s nice if we’re looking for participation trophies. His playoff record in a decade was pure crap!

cffl2323

Reaction score
Carolina in no slouch, but definitely a team we should beat if we really have SB aspirations. I could see it going a few ways, and I'll have three different opinions of our team depending on how it goes.

We win by double digits- Hell yeah, we really are legit.
We win in a close game- We still might be legit, but not quite sure yet(most likely scenario imo).
We lose- Ugh, same old s***

I'm sure Carolina fans are probably in a similar spot.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I think this is different this year. The main thing that can sideraiil us would be major injuries on our OL. Martin and Smith are healthy right now, and we know what happens when they go down.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That's where MM comes in....the keyboard coaches don't think he does anything, but this is one of the biggest responsibilities of a HC. Keep them grounded and focused.

I think MM and his players fit the bill to keep their heads on straight and prove themselves a team to be reckoned with throughout 2021. The depth, in fact, is very improved on both sides of the ball and in their temperament. They're fighters, fighting 'til the last bell sounds! This isn't MM's first rodeo. I'm sure MM and Quinn tell the players to take it one day at a time and not let their guard down. This is the dawn of a new era! Count on it. ;)

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Handling success has been one of the biggest problems for the Cowboys the past two decades. They become complacent and by the end of the season begin to crumble. If they have a let down this early in the season against a 3-0 team this season is going to be another struggle.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hard to envision the Cowboys having a let down against a 3-0 team. If they can’t get up for an undefeated team there’s something very wrong with the players and this organization. The Cowboys haven’t made the playoffs in two years and are coming off a 6-10 season. You would think getting off to a good start for a change would energize the team and have them motivated to play. If they lose on Sunday because they’re not ready to play this is going to be a rough season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This game with the Panthers promises to be a dogfight. They'll be rested and ready to romp with more days to prepare. They have a dangerous DL and Dak must be prepared to continue delivering the ball on time with a good tempo. We'll be tested; have no doubt about that. We're about to find out how consistent this team is determined to be. Hopefully, our players will be buoyed by a good start and prepared to fight to see it continue. Go, Cowboys!

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think MM and his players fit the bill to keep their heads on straight and prove themselves a team to be reckoned with throughout 2021. The depth, in fact, is very improved on both sides of the ball and in their temperament. They're fighters, fighting 'til the last bell sounds! This isn't MM's first rodeo. I'm sure MM and Quinn tell the players to take it one day at a time and not let their guard down. This is the dawn of a new era! Count on it. ;)
These posts are hilarious.......

You think Campo and JG told them... dont sweat it this week boys, we are playing team XXXX, and they suck. I think you all should go out on Saturday night and chill. Sunday, we got an easy one boys.

Good thing we got a "Real coach," now that knows we need to take one game at a time. Im so glad we no longer have a staff that doesnt prepare for certain opponents because they know this weeks game is in the bag. Bout time Jerry hired a real coach... youknow, the one that was being bashed in here after week 1 and our last second loss???? lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

You think Campo and JG told them... dont sweat it this week boys, we are playing team XXXX, and they suck. I think you all should go out on Saturday night and chill. Sunday, we got an easy one boys.

Good thing we got a "Real coach," now that knows we need to take one game at a time. Im so glad we no longer have a staff that doesnt prepare for certain opponents because they know this weeks game is in the bag. Bout time Jerry hired a real coach... youknow, the one that was being bashed in here after week 1 and our last second loss???? lol

Sorry to hear you're not taking this staff seriously! They're far more capable than the others like JG and Campo that were more cheerleaders than real leaders and more inclined to be buddies than coaches. Get real, friend, our current staff is an improvement that we should respect more than those we've been saddled with in the past. If any post is to be considered hilarious, yours qualifies far better than most. Tone down the cynical arrogance, if you can.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score

whats hilarious is you don’t see the difference between what is happening today compared to the Garrett era. The guy was a joke who choked year after year! But at least they fought hard. lol 13 years he collapsed and in the end left the crappiest D possible and people still defend it. The big picture after only 19 games since his departure is much brighter than anything he ever did.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're not taking this staff seriously! They're far more capable than the others like JG and Campo that were more cheerleaders than real leaders and more inclined to be buddies than coaches. Get real, friend, our current staff is an improvement that we should respect more than those we've been saddled with in the past. If any post is to be considered hilarious, yours qualifies far better than most. Tone down the cynical arrogance, if you can.

Call the current staff better if you want, but if you are so dumb to think that the previous staffs didnt have enough experience in the NFL to take all games seriously, you are a moron.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
whats hilarious is you don’t see the difference between what is happening today compared to the Garrett era. The guy was a joke who choked year after year! But at least they fought hard. lol 13 years he collapsed and in the end left the crappiest D possible and people still defend it. The big picture after only 19 games since his departure is much brighter than anything he ever did.

we went 6-10 last year, and we are 2-1 this year and you are talking like the current staff has just won their 3rd straight Super Bowl title. Yeal.... dumb.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a very lose-able game against 3-0 Panthers and #1 defense. A loss next week I’d describe as more of a let down.