Will we have a let down, or is this team different?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we went 6-10 last year, and we are 2-1 this year and you are talking like the current staff has just won their 3rd straight Super Bowl title. Yeal.... dumb.
You’ll never convince that mentality. Despite the frustration they soon forget how close we came on 3 different occasions to breaking thru to our 1st championship appearance since 90’s.

Until we reach that threshold and break down the door this coaching staff hasn’t accomplished anything yet.

It’s great things are looking good and there’s much to be hopeful for but I’d tap on the brakes until at least January. So much can go wrong like key injuries.

Enjoy the ride and let’s see where this takes us but to bash previous regime until we surpass them is strictly agenda driven. Not to you Reid but them.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In years past, this team couldn't handle success and often faltered when they got to full of themselves and started to believe the hype.
This weeks game against Carolina would be one of those type games where the team would lay an egg and lose to an inferior opponent.
It's a small sample size but this team seems to have a different mentality and won't allow themselves to play down a level.
We have plenty of "DOGS" on this roster who's killer mentality permeates throughout the team and raises the level of play and desire of others.
Will find out this Sunday

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Call the current staff better if you want, but if you are so dumb to think that the previous staffs didnt have enough experience in the NFL to take all games seriously, you are a moron.

If you really want to see a moron, take a quick look in the mirror and be unimpressed . . . :rolleyes:
All NFL teams are aware of the threats imposed by their counterparts. Not all can cope with it.
Do yourself a favor and get over yourself. If rude ignorance was a virtue, you'd be a saint.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
You’ll never convince that mentality. Despite the frustration they soon forget how close we came on 3 different occasions to breaking thru to our 1st championship appearance since 90’s.

Until we reach that threshold and break down the door this coaching staff hasn’t accomplished anything yet.

It’s great things are looking good and there’s much to be hopeful for but I’d tap on the brakes until at least January. So much can go wrong like key injuries.

Enjoy the ride and let’s see where this takes us but to bash previous regime until we surpass them is strictly agenda driven. Not to you Reid but them.

Agenda driven? Of course there was an agenda! The coach sucked after 10 years and needed to be replaced and today, 19 games later the team and coach are better. That’s not a myth or a fairy tale. This D and overall roster are night and day from the putrid garbage they peddled for years.

Did they come close when they got ran over in LA? lol what was that year 8? Year 9? It’s easy to lose track! And now after years of defending him you call him a puppet.

You have your own agenda. pin it all on Jerry and say Garrett was the best puppet for success? Seriously that’s what your argument evolved into.

and to top it off 2 division teams won Super Bowls during his stay! Garrett with 2 wildcard wins! That’s what you’re calling close.. 3 wins away in a 4 win playoffs? And some fans are still actually bragging about that. Mind blowing. This current team will at least provide hope and real expectations. There was zero hope with Garrett here. None. That’s no exaggeration!

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
You can count on 3 things in life , death, taxes and Jerry screwing it up.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
it truly comes down to health.

I believe Quinn has brought in so many bodies on defense, they are deep enough to sustain flying around.

Told my buddy this…if 4, 77, and 70 stay healthy (in order of importance IMO) we can play with anybody.

Aulac

Reaction score
In years past, this team couldn't handle success and often faltered when they got to full of themselves and started to believe the hype.
This weeks game against Carolina would be one of those type games where the team would lay an egg and lose to an inferior opponent.
It's a small sample size but this team seems to have a different mentality and won't allow themselves to play down a level.
We have plenty of "DOGS" on this roster who's killer mentality permeates throughout the team and raises the level of play and desire of others.

We have to win this game because CMC and Horn is out. CMC is literally the Panthers entire offense.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'm still not completely sold on the team. I get the concern and its a long season.

The big difference between this team though and the Garrett teams that frequently laid eggs as soon as things went well is depth. Those Garrett teams had crap on the bench so lots of players had no pressure. Right now, even some of the best players on the team have to look over their shoulder. You have 3 elite WR's looking for touches. Zeke can lose touches to Pollard. Virtually everyone on defense can see their snap count drastically reduced.

The only guy who doesn't have to look over his shoulder is Dak and he just doesn't seem the type to let up.

I really don't see this team letting off the gas because if individual players do, they will be replaced . . . like . . . the next series.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
There’s a Cowboys YouTube dude that uses the term “goons” to describe some of our defensive players—meant in a good way.

We used to have soft nice guys. Now we have goons. I like the sound of that. If the goons really are goons we will not have a let down.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agenda driven? Of course there was an agenda! The coach sucked after 10 years and needed to be replaced and today, 19 games later the team and coach are better. That’s not a myth or a fairy tale. This D and overall roster are night and day from the putrid garbage they peddled for years.

Did they come close when they got ran over in LA? lol what was that year 8? Year 9? It’s easy to lose track! And now after years of defending him you call him a puppet.

You have your own agenda. pin it all on Jerry and say Garrett was the best puppet for success? Seriously that’s what your argument evolved into.

and to top it off 2 division teams won Super Bowls during his stay! Garrett with 2 wildcard wins! That’s what you’re calling close.. 3 wins away in a 4 win playoffs? And some fans are still actually bragging about that. Mind blowing. This current team will at least provide hope and real expectations. There was zero hope with Garrett here. None. That’s no exaggeration!
You’re providing an opinion. That’s fine . It’s not based on any actual end of season results we can compare at this time. And until there is it’s mere hopeful speculation.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not enjoy things for now instead of dwelling on a let down that may not come. If it does come there will be time enough to be bothered by it then.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
We're gonna win 38-17.

Book it.

As long as we don't lose the turnover battle by more than 1, I could see a 10+ points win. Nothing against Carolina. They are solid. But Cowboys at home should take care of business handily.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Let's beat up on the subpar teams for now and gain confidence. The big guns are coming. We'll really see what this defense is made of then.
But like a boxer developing his skills on tomato cans, let's deal with the opponent in front of us before we call out the champions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whasmatta, got a bad case of Other Shoe Syndrome? Just waiting for that to drop? We've been a little conditioned to that with Murphy's Law applying to the Cowboys over the last few years so if something looks too good to be true, it is. Or is it?

This team is different. For one thing the leader, the QB, is back and he's a working QB. He's the biggest star on the team but you would not know that from his work ethic.

There is an influx of new talent that doesn't know what it's like to be star without ever having done anything. And this has been exacerbated by the missing players and new blood on the field sooner and more than expected.

The OP poses an interesting question that many already had on their mind, do I believe what I am seeing or does history just wait to repeat itself?

If you want to believe this is not those Cowboys, you have a shining example to convince you. No player has been transformed more than Jaylon Smith.

The most maligned player on this forum, and certainly not a fan favorite, has responded to Quinn and the team adding Neal, Parsons and Cox in a most positive fashion. His comments about running the most of any Cowboy in the PHL game wasn't brag, it was fact. He was motoring as fast as he could go in every direction. He defied Xavier Woods statement that a player can't go 100% on every play. He cannot manufacture the talent we all wish he had but he can give everything he's got on that field....and he did.

The players' definition of coaching is putting them in their best possible situation to be successful. Nolan was the antithesis of that, prompting Smith to go public in his request to "dumb it down". He was the spokesman for D getting hammered and struggling for confidence. It can be amazing the difference in a player when he has confidence in his coaching that instills confidence in himself.

This Cowboys team is not those Cowboys teams, they have confidence, direction and leadership and they will hit some rough patches but unlike those other "teams", this one actually looks like a real team, not a gathering of individuals and stars. They play for the coaches and they play for each other and they are going to make us proud this season.

Creeper

Reaction score
This does not appear to be a typical year for Dallas. I expected them to lose to the Chargers and Eagles but they won both and did it by shutting down offenses when they needed to. Uncharacteristic for Dallas.

I have been down on them the entire year, expecting no better than a 9-8 season. So far they have proven me wrong. Typically, I would expect Dallas to come back from two good wins with a loss to put them at a mediocre .500 mark. Is this team going to be different than the past? Are they hungry enough to go out and play a 3rd consecutive "A" game?

I said last week, with all the injuries the game against the Eagles would demonstrate if the Cowboys had real heart. They could have used the injuries as an excuse or at least a reason to let down. But instead they made a blistering statement. I have no idea what to expected from them Sunday. But if they win then I think we have to think they are for real. If they lose, then we have to consider they are the same old Cowboys.

I just hope this game does not come down to a Greg the Leg FG attempt.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

The current coach is 9-10 in his games.
The current coach won ONE SB in his career while having one of the best QBs to ever play. His last two years in GB, with Rodgers still in his prime he had back to back horrible seasons. Those are facts.
IM not bashing Mike, im sure he is a fine coach, but he is nothing special. Just this year alone he has had 2 big screw ups in regards to clock, has made very questionable decisions in regards to punting or going for it. Even against Philly we were up 13 and he goes for it on 4th down after already failing at the goal line on 4th down. Instead of going up 16 late in game, he goes for it. It worked, but the move was still not smart.

Hope is quite subjective,... Im glad you have hope with the new coaches. Me, I have the same amount of hope Ive always had, because ultimately we will go as far as Dak and the rest of the players take us. The coaches wont be the reason we win or lose ultimately.

waving monkey

Reaction score
any team team can lay an egg the good ones lay fewer

blueblood70

Reaction score
This does not appear to be a typical year for Dallas. I expected them to lose to the Chargers and Eagles but they won both and did it by shutting down offenses when they needed to. Uncharacteristic for Dallas.

I have been down on them the entire year, expecting no better than a 9-8 season. So far they have proven me wrong. Typically, I would expect Dallas to come back from two good wins with a loss to put them at a mediocre .500 mark. Is this team going to be different than the past? Are they hungry enough to go out and play a 3rd consecutive "A" game?

I said last week, with all the injuries the game against the Eagles would demonstrate if the Cowboys had real heart. They could have used the injuries as an excuse or at least a reason to let down. But instead they made a blistering statement. I have no idea what to expected from them Sunday. But if they win then I think we have to think they are for real. If they lose, then we have to consider they are the same old Cowboys.

I just hope this game does not come down to a Greg the Leg FG attempt.
A game?

they have yet to play that game and that the upside....the defense is far from complete they are ranked pretty low inks areas outside of TOS, being opportunistic and playing full speed for 60 mins is saving them this season.. the offense is tryig hard to shoot themselves in the foot that gimmer fumble td, all the holding calls, dropped passes etc etc the ST still needs to tighten up..clock management etc etc

im giving this team a overall b-, could be a C+ really, right now. Which directions will it go as the real season sets in..easily would be 3-0 or 0-3 if you truly look at how the games unfolded..

more upside is we have starters coming back very soon and hopefully after the bye we are actually better..

still need to be proven out..no A games have been played , not even close..that is the positive way to spin this, we haven't hit our peak yet..that A needs to come in some games that can determine the division or the playoffs etc truly big games..

Big_D

Reaction score
The current coach is 9-10 in his games.
The current coach won ONE SB in his career while having one of the best QBs to ever play. His last two years in GB, with Rodgers still in his prime he had back to back horrible seasons. Those are facts.
IM not bashing Mike, im sure he is a fine coach, but he is nothing special. Just this year alone he has had 2 big screw ups in regards to clock, has made very questionable decisions in regards to punting or going for it. Even against Philly we were up 13 and he goes for it on 4th down after already failing at the goal line on 4th down. Instead of going up 16 late in game, he goes for it. It worked, but the move was still not smart.

Hope is quite subjective,... Im glad you have hope with the new coaches. Me, I have the same amount of hope Ive always had, because ultimately we will go as far as Dak and the rest of the players take us. The coaches wont be the reason we win or lose ultimately.

9-10 with Garretts's team. Got to give a coach time to develop his own players.

So the coaches aren't the reason the roster is improved? Jerry finally figured it out? Had his eye on some DTs after 15 years? Seriously. It was the whole ball of wax with Garrett. That working relationship couldn't build a defense and this one so far has done a great job. You actually see competition at every level.

Rodgers hasn't won a dam thing since, yet everyone makes it sound like he wins every year. Or any super bowl winning coach is now slighted for quality QB play? Like the rest of the team basically means nothing.

Dak couldn't take us anywhere??? why is that, because the D sucked. You talk about game management. Garrett was horrible for 13 years. Moore, that wasn't a stupid call and fumble? yet I'm sure you got him lined up to be a great coach and Dak is the reason they win. No mistake is infallible here.

I like how there's no mention of a pandemic and a ridiculous amount of injuries in those 19 games. Like Garrett would have no problem with this? Maybe you weren't watching? Guy was a clown and actually had QB play and a first round RB and a first round Oline and went no where. You needed to see more proof than that?

The team is miraculously better in 1.3 seasons since the new coach got here but some rather just pretend like he has nothing to do with it. lol

Last edited: