Will Zeke ever eclipse 1000 yards again?

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
To get 1000 yards over a 17 game season he would need to average 59 yards game. Given the Cowboys tendency to feed him the ball to the detriment of Pollard and to the overall offense yeah he could do it again. Heck, give him his 20 carries at 3 yards a carry and he’s there.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Depends on his health. With a 17 game season he needs only 59 yards a game. And he needs carries, last year he had 9 games with less than 15 carries.

Even with a 5.0 ypc average he would need about 12 carries a game to get to 1,000 yards.

If they're not going to use him for at least 15 carries a game he's being wasted, stupid coaches....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Depends on his health. With a 17 game season he needs only 59 yards a game. And he needs carries, last year he had 9 games with less than 15 carries.

Even with a 5.0 ypc average he would need about 12 carries a game to get to 1,000 yards.

If they're not going to use him for at least 15 carries a game he's being wasted, stupid coaches....

I would say it depends more on the health of his offensive line. That and how well they play.. If they stink up the joint like they did most of last year Zeke's body will take a beating and he will struggle to achieve any meaningful numbers. Throw in the 40-50 snaps a game when he's asked to be the 6th offensive lineman and he might not finish the season. Hopefully Pollard continues to improve in pass protection so HE can be out there throwing HIS body in from of 260 pound dudes coming at him with bad intentions for at least some of those snaps. In reality I don't think ol' "Yards are Yards" is interested in Zeke hitting any milestones.. Maybe if they implement a new stat "number of blitzers de-cleated?"

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barely got there last season. Missed the year before. Looks pretty shot at 26 to me. Big Mac and Moore prefer to sling it. I say he is done as a 1000 rusher in Dallas. Thoughts?
I think Zeke is suffering from his carries load going all the way back to his days at Ohio state. He had 650 touches- rushing and receiving at OSU in 3 years. In 6 seasons of NFL games, he has an additional 1938 total touches- that’s a whopping 2,588 which averages out to nearly 300 touches a year for 9 straight seasons.

That’s a tough load for anyone’s body.

Frankly, I think Zeke has evolved from an explosive quick strike back, to a slower power back. It makes zero sense for the Cowboys to pretend he is ever going to be what he was in 2016-19. He needs about 12-15 touches a game- MAX. He needs to be in a RBBC. 1,000 again? Who cares? We just need him to be part of helping this team win.

But JJ always plays his players based 100% on how much he’s paying them as opposed to how much he helps the TEAM. Tony Pollard should be at least 12 touches a game himself.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think Zeke is suffering from his carries load going all the way back to his days at Ohio state. He had 650 touches- rushing and receiving at OSU in 3 years. In 6 seasons of NFL games, he has an additional 1938 total touches- that’s a whopping 2,588 which averages out to nearly 300 touches a year for 9 straight seasons.

That’s a tough load for anyone’s body.

Frankly, I think Zeke has evolved from an explosive quick strike back, to a slower power back. It makes zero sense for the Cowboys to pretend he is ever going to be what he was in 2016-19. He needs about 12-15 touches a game- MAX. He needs to be in a RBBC. 1,000 again? Who cares? We just need him to be part of helping this team win.

But JJ always plays his players based 100% on how much he’s paying them as opposed to how much he helps the TEAM. Tony Pollard should be at least 12 touches a game himself.
I prefer he becomes a Barber type closer. A 2nd half masher. He would excel at that and it will extend his career.

conner01

Reaction score
He can this year if he stays healthy and gets about 300 carries.
250 he will have it
That’s a lower avg than last year per carry
But that’s all on him staying healthy
He was running well last year till he got dinged up
That’s the thing about backs as they get older

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Barely got there last season. Missed the year before. Looks pretty shot at 26 to me. Big Mac and Moore prefer to sling it. I say he is done as a 1000 rusher in Dallas. Thoughts?
With 17 games is 1,000 yards still a measurement worthy of such recognition for success? That’s only 58 yards a game.

But considering he played hurt about half the season I’d say it’s very possible if he’s healthy he’ll average 58 yards a game. He looked much better when he was healthy early on,

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we have 2 - 1000 yard rushers?
Depends on idiot Moore.

I do think Zeke gets over 1000 yards. Of course depending health of the OL and himself as well.
Pollard should get over 1000 total yards if used correctly as a receiver.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He will this year
:hammer:

1000 yards in 17 games is not very impressive though.

conner01

Reaction score
With 17 games is 1,000 yards still a measurement worthy of such recognition for success? That’s only 58.8 yards a game.
It sure doesn’t mean much any more to me
The new benchmark should me more like 1400
But what’s really important is not if Zeke gets a 1000 but if the TEAM get over 2000

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It sure doesn’t mean much any more to me
The new benchmark should me more like 1400
But what’s really important is not if Zeke gets a 1000 but if the TEAM get over 2000
The real bar is how many 100 yard games he’ll have. Our record is like 90% winning percentage in his career when he rushes over a 100 yards. We were 2-0 on both of his 100 yard games last year.