Willy McGinest Thread

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The day you figure out the quote feature I will be so happy.

I'd say Ellis spent an entire season playing DE in a 3-4 scheme and knows more about it than you do. I'd also say that Bill Parcells has over 2 decades worth of experience coaching it and is adamant about increasing Ellis' role in the scheme this year. Or are you still calling him a liar?

Oh, and for your information the difference from DE in a 4-3 to DE in a 3-4 is not nearly as wide a gulf as your imagination dreams it is. If it was, Ellis would not have played it so well.

You'd be wise to stop viewing Ellis as a threat to Spears or Canty and start viewing him as an asset to this team, defense, and scheme. Oh, and pay attention to what Bill Parcells says now and then. Or didn't you learn anything after your smear campaign of Al Singleton blew up in your face?

:wink2:

Als has nothing to do with anything - he's an at best average LB.

Spears, Canty are clearly the future DE's of this team. Ellis role is the same role Coak/Glov were past two seasons - stop gap players that did not fit schemes to buy us time as we transition.

Back to Willie a Cowboy - I see it a longshot and if he is signed, the threat is to Ellis role here. Give up on a throw away Parcells comment - lets see the proof in the pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a very good chance very soon all 7 starters you were pro on staying 4-3 a year ago are GONE.

3-4 - Spears, Canty, Fergi, Ratliff, Fergi, Burnett, Shanle

Watson, Ngata, Kemeau
Carpenter/Lawson/Wimbly/Anderson

There is our future!

Back to WM - Nice vet add - changeout of Ellis.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Because the dude has gone under the knife more times than a Thanksgiving turkey.

Fair enough....medical concern, but not ability....right?

If he ends up being a medical busts we have screwed ourselves two years in a row with 2nd rounds...that would hurt bigtime.

I hope he's done and is ready for TC...coming in at 245...he has the ability to be very good there.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I'd like McGinest if we picked up a linebacker in the first or second round of the draft.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Spears, Ratliff
Fergi, Keamutu
Canty, Pryce

Ware, McGinnest
James, Burnett
Shanle, Schlegel
Carpenter, Fujita

Now thats a 3-4 loaded for bear!

visionary

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
McGinest...already been in league 12 years

not all that interested to be honest...

David

david, i usually agree with your posts but not here.

i think we have a very young defense (esp if we draft another LB next year ) learning a new system and a DC who just learned the system and is in the process of figuring out it's nuances. i think this is the perfect position for a guy like McGinest who can still perform, plays at the premium position in the 3-4, has credibility, and can serve as mentor to the younger guys. at this stage n his career even zimmer could learn a lot from this long term bellichick/crennel disciple about the schemes. i would consider keeping him as a coach once he retires in 2-3 years (if he has the coaching bug in him and the patience to teach).

the place to get younger is the offense esp the OL. that is why I would bring in (even overpay a little if i have to) guys like bentley hutchinson, ashworth etc) instead of people like fabini, mawae. our OL will be so old it will be a given one or two of allen/rivera/mawae/fabini would get hurt for a significant proportion of the season and we have dejavu 2005 turnstile season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Als has nothing to do with anything - he's an at best average LB.

Spears, Canty are clearly the future DE's of this team. Ellis role is the same role Coak/Glov were past two seasons - stop gap players that did not fit schemes to buy us time as we transition.

Back to Willie a Cowboy - I see it a longshot and if he is signed, the threat is to Ellis role here. Give up on a throw away Parcells comment - lets see the proof in the pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a very good chance very soon all 7 starters you were pro on staying 4-3 a year ago are GONE.

3-4 - Spears, Canty, Fergi, Ratliff, Fergi, Burnett, Shanle

Watson, Ngata, Kemeau
Carpenter/Lawson/Wimbly/Anderson

There is our future!

Back to WM - Nice vet add - changeout of Ellis.
The proof in the pudding? You're the one who has the burden of proof in this scenario Nors.

Bill Parcells said what he said about Greg Ellis. That is an established fact. He admitted that we were better at stopping the run with him and head better pass rush numbers too. You wouldn't dare start your nonsense about Canty may be in jeopardy. So, you try and spin it some other way.

It isn't going to fly Nors, no matter how many turkey feathers you jam into its butt. This theory of yours has about as much merit as your theories about Al did. That is significant.

You remember Al Singleton right? You lost an avatar bet that he wouldn't make the team. Turns out he was a starter until he got injured. Speaking of avatar bets...just wanted to remind you that you haven't paid up yet.

Welcher.

:grin:

Back to McGinnist. You're daft if you think Parcells would do anything other than bring him in to play situational WOLB and/or regular SOLB. He'd be a good mentor for Ware since LT never showed up. You two related by chance? He doesn't keep his promises either.

:grin: x 2

McGinnist is no more a threat to Ellis' job than your other ideas to dispose of him have been. These schemes remind me of Pinky and the Brain trying to take over the world or Wile E. Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner. Futile.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
visionary said:
david, i usually agree with your posts but not here.

i think we have a very young defense (esp if we draft another LB next year ) learning a new system and a DC who just learned the system and is in the process of figuring out it's nuances. i think this is the perfect position for a guy like McGinest who can still perform, plays at the premium position in the 3-4, has credibility, and can serve as mentor to the younger guys. at this stage n his career even zimmer could learn a lot from this long term bellichick/crennel disciple about the schemes. i would consider keeping him as a coach once he retires in 2-3 years (if he has the coaching bug in him and the patience to teach).

the place to get younger is the offense esp the OL. that is why I would bring in (even overpay a little if i have to) guys like bentley hutchinson, ashworth etc) instead of people like fabini, mawae. our OL will be so old it will be a given one or two of allen/rivera/mawae/fabini would get hurt for a significant proportion of the season and we have dejavu 2005 turnstile season.

good post

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Hostile said:
The proof in the pudding? You're the one who has the burden of proof in this scenario Nors.

Bill Parcells said what he said about Greg Ellis. That is an established fact. He admitted that we were better at stopping the run with him and head better pass rush numbers too. You wouldn't dare start your nonsense about Canty may be in jeopardy. So, you try and spin it some other way.

It isn't going to fly Nors, no matter how many turkey feathers you jam into its butt. This theory of yours has about as much merit as your theories about Al did. That is significant.

You remember Al Singleton right? You lost an avatar bet that he wouldn't make the team. Turns out he was a starter until he got injured. Speaking of avatar bets...just wanted to remind you that you haven't paid up yet.

Welcher.

:grin:

Back to McGinnist. You're daft if you think Parcells would do anything other than bring him in to play situational WOLB and/or regular SOLB. He'd be a good mentor for Ware since LT never showed up. You two related by chance? He doesn't keep his promises either.

:grin: x 2

McGinnist is no more a threat to Ellis' job than your other ideas to dispose of him have been. These schemes remind me of Pinky and the Brain trying to take over the world or Wile E. Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner. Futile.

:clap2:

School's in session.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dat, Coakley, Singleton - all no fits AND PURGED
Glover, Ellis - same issue and in process

No Darren Howard, or 4-3 draft last year.:laugh2:

Full speed ahead - Ellis has done nothing but whine and ask out after season ended, what is my role???? Parcells said he's under contract and expects him back. Increased role? He don't promise anything. And yes, Ellis was benched and played little like Glover in December. Same fate - JMO

You need to start thinking like a Northeast guy, a Jersey kinda guy and translate accordingly;) Ellis days a Cowboy are numbered. Now is that number 45 or 405 days? My money says it falls somehere in between.

Where is that OC announcement? Missed it!
Who's calling plays?

Palmer and Haley splitting duties. Thats a tie bet. So stick it.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Getting McGinest has nothing to do with Ellis. We would want to extend his career by not having him play defensive end. We'd be better using Ware and Ellis in the nickel. Or even Spears and Canty.

And most people who want carpenter, want us to bring him into the inside.
So it would be

Ware - James - Carpenter - McGinest

Which would be as much a stud linebacker corps as you'd find anywhere.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Dat, Coakley, Singleton - all no fits AND PURGED
Glover, Ellis - same issue and in process

No Darren Howard, or 4-3 draft last year.:laugh2:

Full speed ahead - Ellis has done nothing but whine and ask out after season ended, what is my role???? Parcells said he's under contract and expects him back. Increased role? He don't promise anything. And yes, Ellis was benched and played little like Glover in December. Same fate - JMO

You need to start thinking like a Northeast guy, a Jersey kinda guy and translate accordingly;) Ellis days a Cowboy are numbered. Now is that number 45 or 405 days? My money says it falls somehere in between.

Where is that OC announcement? Missed it!
Who's calling plays?

Palmer and Haley splitting duties. Thats a tie bet. So stick it.
Amazing, you can spin Darren Howard into any thread when you get your butt handed to you.

If it actually proved me wrong on something it might be worth your obsession.

The bet isn't a tie, you're just a Welcher. You even admitted you lost. It's in black and white forever for all to see.

Here's the truth for all to see. David Lee was the QB coach. It is now Chris Palmer. Sean Payton was the Assistant Head Coach, it is now Tony Sparano. Your claim that I bet with you was "Parcells will NOT promote from within. Book it." I bet you based on that statement and you lost.

Here's a clue Nors, one you can store away for a rainy day when the cobwebs are getting washed away. Every player who ever dons a jersey can be classified as "his days are numbered." If that's your idea of Northeast thinking, color me unimpressed.

dalengal

Reaction score
Do you think that Big Bill wants him? He could come in and some serious leadership at the lb position. Also has great size and speed for a 12 year vet. What do you think?:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Natedawg44

Reaction score
He was still productive in the playoffs. I think signing him to give us 20-25 plays a game as well as give us a leader in the front 7 would be a very good thing. I still would like to get a young LB in free agency or the draft, but I think he would be a good fit. A nickel front 4 of McGuinest, Canty, Spears and Ware would be excellent.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
let's see

wiley, anthony thomas, Eddie George, Young, Price, ward, eaton and probably others...all signed with the Cowboys...all were washed up, gone the next year

just say no fatteenie and no to Willhe drinkguiness...