Wilson and Pollard

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It will be if OL can seal those edges off along with the TE. If Pollard can get some space on the outside he clearly has the ability to hit the big plays.
agreed. also we should have a few plays with quick screen passes to pollard, line him up in the back field and swing him out with a quick throw. some outside tosses. now is the time to feature both zeke and pollard in the back field to confuse the defense. like to see some reverses and jet sweeps.... they will stop a few of those, but we will find some success....just keep the defense on their toes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He has to make people miss here and there.

I dont need dynamics, but I need solid 5-8 yard carries consistently. If the OL isn't playing well I need him to overcome that and still get it done.

I agree, when Zeke is running hard he can move the pile to get those 4 to 5 yard pick ups. That went down quite a bit after the knee issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson will be much of a factor but I do think Pollard will or SHOULD Be a big part of the offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think Wilson will be much of a factor but I do think Pollard will or SHOULD Be a big part of the offense.
I think Wilson has a huge game. I think he may be the deciding factor actually

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He has to make people miss here and there.

I dont need dynamics, but I need solid 5-8 yard carries consistently. If the OL isn't playing well I need him to overcome that and still get it done.
Offensive line has too much money into it to not dominate for us.....far too many resources for the production they've given us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Wilson has the best receiver we have right now. He just knows how to find the open spot. And Prescott trust him. Not saying any more than less of the other two. I think he’s the go to guy

As the 3rd WR he draws the best matchups in one on one and has the talent to make the plays. I do agree that Prescott trust him and when he had to take over for Gallup early in the season all Wilson did was go out and make plays. No doubt SF will be more focused on Cooper and Lamb, and that creates the matchups for Wilson to take advantage of

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The 49ers are going to try and get to Prescott with 4 down Lyman. Seven in the backfield. Yes old cover to. Prescott has seen it enough this season to take advantage

I agree and critical to make sure Nick Bosa is a non factor in the game. Need Tyron playing to his max as well as Collins since I expect SF to move Bosa around

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Wilson has a huge game. I think he may be the deciding factor actually
I don't see it honestly....I think this is a big game from Coop, Schultz and the run game.....just a prediction....Wilson has had big moments this year. Wouldn't shock me at all if he produced.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
agreed. also we should have a few plays with quick screen passes to pollard, line him up in the back field and swing him out with a quick throw. some outside tosses. now is the time to feature both zeke and pollard in the back field to confuse the defense. like to see some reverses and jet sweeps.... they will stop a few of those, but we will find some success....just keep the defense on their toes.

would not mind seeing a hand off of Jet sweep to Wilson and allow him to pull up and make the thrown down field. lol

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't see it honestly....I think this is a big game from Coop, Schultz and the run game.....just a prediction....Wilson has had big moments this year. Wouldn't shock me at all if he produced.
I think the cover tool take the tight end way other than the red zoneI think the cover tool take the tight end away other than the red zone I can’t wait for this game

quickccc

Reaction score
These may be the biggest names not mentioned for our Playoff success. These two have the ability to make plays and affect the game in a positive manner.

Most teams won't scheme for them, so boom this is how they'll flourish. The unexpected nature of their being, shall help us go far!! On the other hand, defensive coordinators are paid in this league to scheme. After we dominate the first game, coordinators will have their hands full!!!

Give me your thoughts on these two weapons, let's go Cowboys!!

Totally depends upon the play caller and play-designer,..and the QB.
One thing to have the tools and supplies to paint,..and then its up the ability of the painter.

- Cedric-Wilson: He seems to have a terrific knack for the offense and the slot middle.
Even more than the more individually talented Gallup.
If teams sleep on Wilson, he can manuever and spring some plays.

- Pollard - He plays in spots and occasions, so that doesn't force blue-prints.
Once he becomes stationary and simple, seems he's much easier to defend.
With Tony Tiger, the better he schemed designed that leads to splash plays, the better we become.
Jet-sweeps, Edge running, cut-back lanes, Ceddy throw-back.

- If we were really adept at utilizing our RBs in pass game, ala quick screen passes, isolation, misdirection swing flairs.
Pollard would be so dynamite-scary !

- Now what can get scary is .. what if Ced-Wilson gets hurt or nicked ?
Then we're " vastly" limited to Noah Brown, a mere 9 yard WR.- I'd much rather have Turner before Noah but that's me

- What if Pollard gets hurt or nicked ? ... Zeke runs in mud nowadays, power goal line and blitz blocking by far his best attributes now.
Then we're down to journeyman Cory Clements.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Pollard is known by the league and is no secret. As for Wilson, teams are not making him a priority in game planning when you have Cooper and Lamb to deal with, which is a big advantage to Wilson.

Pollard is known, but he has not been featured.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True not a featured back and largely in my view because he does not do well in blitz pickups. Ask just about any coach and if the RB can't pick up rushers he will be limited in the snaps he gets. I think Pollard is a play maker and I do think he will get his chances in the game. as was pointed out by another poster I do think we will see both backs in the back field at times. I fully expect to see Dallas pull out all stops in this game.

conner01

Reaction score
I think Pollard is known by the league and is no secret. As for Wilson, teams are not making him a priority in game planning when you have Cooper and Lamb to deal with, which is a big advantage to Wilson.
Every team will be scheming for pollard
Probably more so than Zeke
Zeke might get you a big first down but pollard can break off a big run at any time
Teams know pollard
Wilson is not a guy any team will scheme for

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I saw David Carr after the Raiders game saying the team told him that they couldn’t believe Pollard didn’t receive 20+ carries against them. That’s what they had prepared for and we barely ran him.

Everyone see’s it but Zeke’s status and contract is enabling him to keep playing over better players.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zeke might get you a big first down but pollard can break off a big run at any time
Teams know pollard

I agree. Hard to scheme for Wilson when you have to contend with Cooper and Lamb. SF sure as hell do not want these guys going off in the game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
These may be the biggest names not mentioned for our Playoff success. These two have the ability to make plays and affect the game in a positive manner.

Most teams won't scheme for them, so boom this is how they'll flourish. The unexpected nature of their being, shall help us go far!! On the other hand, defensive coordinators are paid in this league to scheme. After we dominate the first game, coordinators will have their hands full!!!

Give me your thoughts on these two weapons, let's go Cowboys!!
I doubt McDaniel fails to scheme for Pollard and Wilson. These are two major weapons for the Cowboys, but we have lots of weapons and not everyone can be accounted for when the Cowboys are clicking on all cylinders. This will be the challenge for the 49ers, not forgetting Wilson or Pollard.

kskboys

Reaction score
Totally depends upon the play caller and play-designer,..and the QB.
One thing to have the tools and supplies to paint,..and then its up the ability of the painter.

- Cedric-Wilson: He seems to have a terrific knack for the offense and the slot middle.
Even more than the more individually talented Gallup.
If teams sleep on Wilson, he can manuever and spring some plays.

- Pollard - He plays in spots and occasions, so that doesn't force blue-prints.
Once he becomes stationary and simple, seems he's much easier to defend.
With Tony Tiger, the better he schemed designed that leads to splash plays, the better we become.
Jet-sweeps, Edge running, cut-back lanes, Ceddy throw-back.

- If we were really adept at utilizing our RBs in pass game, ala quick screen passes, isolation, misdirection swing flairs.
Pollard would be so dynamite-scary !

- Now what can get scary is .. what if Ced-Wilson gets hurt or nicked ?
Then we're " vastly" limited to Noah Brown, a mere 9 yard WR.- I'd much rather have Turner before Noah but that's me

- What if Pollard gets hurt or nicked ? ... Zeke runs in mud nowadays, power goal line and blitz blocking by far his best attributes now.
Then we're down to journeyman Cory Clements.
Wilson is more talented.

kskboys

Reaction score
I saw David Carr after the Raiders game saying the team told him that they couldn’t believe Pollard didn’t receive 20+ carries against them. That’s what they had prepared for and we barely ran him.

Everyone see’s it but Zeke’s status and contract is enabling him to keep playing over better players.
Personally, I think you should've asked his brother Derek.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Teams know pollard

The good thing about them not scheming for him, makes it easier for him to have a good game.