Wilson and Pollard

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw David Carr after the Raiders game saying the team told him that they couldn’t believe Pollard didn’t receive 20+ carries against them. That’s what they had prepared for and we barely ran him.

Everyone see’s it but Zeke’s status and contract is enabling him to keep playing over better players.

Wow! Who are all of these players that he is blocking?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I saw David Carr after the Raiders game saying the team told him that they couldn’t believe Pollard didn’t receive 20+ carries against them. That’s what they had prepared for and we barely ran him.

Everyone see’s it but Zeke’s status and contract is enabling him to keep playing over better players.
Why do you think contracts have anything to do with playing time?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Because I’m not naive.
Blanket statement answer. Then explain why Jaylon Smith isn't starting. I don't have a favorite so I can see the relevance in that question.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Blanket statement answer. Then explain why Jaylon Smith isn't starting. I don't have a favorite so I can see the relevance in that question.

Explain why Jaylon started until the day he was cut.

His play wasn’t even worthy to be on the team. But there he was.. Your starting linebacker.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Explain why Jaylon started until the day he was cut.

His play wasn’t even worthy to be on the team. But there he was.. Your starting linebacker.
So obviously the staff isn't shy when it comes to playing the better players regardless of contract.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So obviously the staff isn't shy when it comes to playing the better players regardless of contract.

Huh? He started until he was cut because of his contract.

Pollard is completely outplaying Zeke. Yet we still trot out Zeke.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Huh? He started until he was cut because of his contract.

Pollard is completely outplaying Zeke. Yet we still trot out Zeke.
The point is they cut him! Stay with me.
Pretty sure I just said I don't have a favorite. Miss that? I've always maintained we needed a dose of both, so there's that. You'll ignore that because I don't share your agenda.
So what is it? Is Pollard more injured than we know? I don't understand why he wouldn't get more carries.
Minus the game he just missed of course.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys may need to run the ball a lot in the 2nd half if it is a close game.

Pollard is the NFL's top ranked RB in average yards per carry in the 2nd half of games this season at 6.6 yards...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Cowboys may need to run the ball a lot in the 2nd half if it is a close game.

Pollard is the NFL's top ranked RB in average yards per carry in the 2nd half of games this season at 6.6 yards...
I hope he burns SF

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Our #2s have always had obscene numbers. Go look for yourself. It's their JOB.

Until they take the #1 then the flame out.

I'm not saying Pollard can't. A little caution about it wouldn't hurt. Unless you have the ego the size of catch's

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The point is they cut him! Stay with me.
Pretty sure I just said I don't have a favorite. Miss that? I've always maintained we needed a dose of both, so there's that. You'll ignore that because I don't share your agenda.
So what is it? Is Pollard more injured than we know? I don't understand why he wouldn't get more carries.
Minus the game he just missed of course.
People like xatch said they'd never cut jaylon because of contract. Then they did. Now he moves the bar, casually neglecting the decreased playing time.

Reactions: G2

RonWashington

Reaction score
These may be the biggest names not mentioned for our Playoff success. These two have the ability to make plays and affect the game in a positive manner.

Most teams won't scheme for them, so boom this is how they'll flourish. The unexpected nature of their being, shall help us go far!! On the other hand, defensive coordinators are paid in this league to scheme. After we dominate the first game, coordinators will have their hands full!!!

Give me your thoughts on these two weapons, let's go Cowboys!!

I’m glad Pollard was shut down in Philly give that foot attention .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
These may be the biggest names not mentioned for our Playoff success. These two have the ability to make plays and affect the game in a positive manner.

Most teams won't scheme for them, so boom this is how they'll flourish. The unexpected nature of their being, shall help us go far!! On the other hand, defensive coordinators are paid in this league to scheme. After we dominate the first game, coordinators will have their hands full!!!

Pollard should be our starting tailback for the playoffs. And we should split him out and send him deep sometimes. His receiving speed has been entirely unused since he got here. PFF has him as the 4th RB in the league.

Wilson is a weapon because teams have to worry about Lamb and Ceedee first. Downroster receivers always get overestimated.

plasticman

Reaction score
Our #2s have always had obscene numbers. Go look for yourself. It's their JOB.

Until they take the #1 then the flame out.

I'm not saying Pollard can't. A little caution about it wouldn't hurt. Unless you have the ego the size of catch's
Yes but that's not the point. I'm not saying make him the starter, just use him a little more in the 2nd half.

It's okay to give some credit to the fact that Pollard averages 6.6 yards a carry in the second half because Zeke ran against them hard in the first half. Credit also goes to the offensive line

Still, Pollard averages 6.6 yards a carry in the 2nd half for all RB's in the NFL this season and I'm pretty sure they are not all starters. Many others benefit from a fellow RB that wears down a defense.

Exactly 50 RB's had 50 or more carries in the 2nd half of games this season. Pollard is ranked #1 in this category.

By the way, Zeke is ranked 20th, well above the top half with an average of 4.44 yards a carry.

In response to the subject of using Wilson and Pollard more, I'm agreeing and wanted to show the reason why. I don't mean to imply that Zeke shouldn't start. I realize that what Zeke does for the team goes beyond stats.....although I disagree with the amount of contribution being in proportion to salary.

In the end, I hope Zeke and Pollard combine for an impactful contribution despite going against the 49ers #1 defense against the run.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

total agreement with Pollard and Wilson....i love Gallup a lot and hope we keep him but if i had to pick i would take Wilson over Gallup...the dude is tough and clutch and has a variety of things he does well including

passing the ball...Pollard if you watch does not come down easily especially from one tackler....he is fast and tough....i put him right up there with Deebo Samuel...they are same height and weight....and Pollard's

college coach at Memphis said Pollard so underrated ....he has the toughest lower body he has ever coached....his legs dont look super big but they are so strong...he can has no problem going between the

tackles or on outside....great receiver too....so i agree with your assessment

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but that's not the point. I'm not saying make him the starter, just use him a little more in the 2nd half.

It's okay to give some credit to the fact that Pollard averages 6.6 yards a carry in the second half because Zeke ran against them hard in the first half. Credit also goes to the offensive line

Still, Pollard averages 6.6 yards a carry in the 2nd half for all RB's in the NFL this season and I'm pretty sure they are not all starters. Many others benefit from a fellow RB that wears down a defense.

Exactly 50 RB's had 50 or more carries in the 2nd half of games this season. Pollard is ranked #1 in this category.

By the way, Zeke is ranked 20th, well above the top half with an average of 4.44 yards a carry.

In response to the subject of using Wilson and Pollard more, I'm agreeing and wanted to show the reason why. I don't mean to imply that Zeke shouldn't start. I realize that what Zeke does for the team goes beyond stats.....although I disagree with the amount of contribution being in proportion to salary.

In the end, I hope Zeke and Pollard combine for an impactful contribution despite going against the 49ers #1 defense against the run.

Fair enough. I don't necessarily disagree

fansince68

Reaction score
Coogs, I agree- I think Tony Pollard may be the wild card for us for the entire playoffs. Zeke has become a slow, 1970s style fullback, good for blocking and short yardage. If the Cowboys plan on having a real running game in the playoffs, Pollard needs more carries than Zeke. Wilson has become a viable weapon. I would love to see him used for some gadget plays.
Key games going down the stretch, Pollard is running hard and gaining yards, the offense is in a groove. Out of the blue, in trots Zeke and the continuity wanes. I'm hoping our OC learns how to call a game with rhythm, variety, and less predictability.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith it the literal definition of a player who was on the field because of his contract. They guy was the starter and the captain for years when he should have been on the streets. It is a systemic issue with this franchise. The man who is large and in charge makes decisions based on emotion. The team is run by a giant selfish baby who treats it like a play toy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith it the literal definition of a player who was on the field because of his contract. They guy was the starter and the captain for years when he should have been on the streets. It is a systemic issue with this franchise. The man who is large and in charge makes decisions based on emotion. The team is run by a giant selfish baby who treats it like a play toy.
Except they cut him and took the salary hit. THAT'S THE POINT!