Win win or Lose lose?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For that matter, should they lose to the 6th team then both our head to head, Jets for Cardinals, and conference records, both teams won outside of the split, would be tied.

TWOK11

Reaction score
For instance, Philly could lose to Seattle and we beat Seattle and then we’d be even on common opponents. But the real issue is conference record, the Cowboys have ONLY NFC losses. The Eagles have a loss to the Jets. They will always have a better conference record if both teams finish 14-3x

TWOK11

Reaction score
For that matter, should they lose to the 6th team then both our head to head, Jets for Cardinals, and conference records, both teams won outside of the split, would be tied.
But again, we can’t beat them out at 3 losses each once it gets to conference record. We can be tied head to head, division and common opponents record, but their NFC record will always be better than ours

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For instance, Philly could lose to Seattle and we beat Seattle and then we’d be even on common opponents. But the real issue is conference record, the Cowboys have ONLY NFC losses. The Eagles have a loss to the Jets. They will always have a better conference record if both teams finish 14-3x
I get you. Its either two losses plus our game or our game and Cardinals or Giants win one of three. Let's see what happens.

TWOK11

Reaction score
It all goes back to the Cardinals game, win that one and this is COMPLETELY different. If Philly loses to SF and Dallas the next two weeks, and Dallas had beaten Arizona, all Dallas would need to do after Philly is go 3-1 and not lose to the Red skins.

That game, like the Packers game last year, will probably end up being the reason we don’t win the East.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I get you. It’s either two losses plus our game or our game and Cardinals or Giants win one of three. Let's see what happens.
And even then we have to win out, and the chances that any team could win each of our next 5 games is extremely low. It’s just really hard to beat multiple playoff caliber teams in a row (though the Seahawks are in the process of collapsing to be fair). But after that we face 3 legit superbowl contenders and Buffalo in the snow in consecutive weeks. At this point the realistic goal is get to 11 wins to make sure you have the 5 seed, stay healthy and hope you only have to beat one of SF/Philly in January.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And even then we have to win out, and the chances that any team could win each of our next 5 games is extremely low. It’s just really hard to beat multiple playoff caliber teams in a row (though the Seahawks are in the process of collapsing to be fair). But after that we face 3 legit superbowl contenders and Buffalo in the snow in consecutive weeks. At this point the realistic goal is get to 11 wins to make sure you have the 5 seed, stay healthy and hope you only have to beat one of SF/Philly in January.
Okay so it is hard?

At the end of the day, if they lose to SF this week it becomes a whole lot more interesting.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get you. Its either two losses plus our game or our game and Cardinals or Giants win one of three. Let's see what happens.
Giants yes, Cardinals no. Again, if we finish with the same record and we both sweep the division, we must necessarily have the same common-opponents record and they must necessarily have a better conference record.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Concentrate on winning the next game only. Win, and things will fall into place for you. Playing "what ifs" does nothing for you.

When you start looking ahead to other games instead of your next one, that only increases your odds of losing the next one IMO.

I get the fact that we don't play the game, but I see no difference on why to take a different attitude than what the players should have.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With the signing of a linebacker today, the Cowboys are there.

Atlanta and Philadelphia...so be it to the NFC.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
.. we got to still try and win out, and try to capture number one seed.
Need SF to win. Then Philly comes to Dallas with first place on the line.
Should Dallas win. It's a whole new ball game after that
That would still put the Eagles in first place. We need them to lose another one and we would need to run the table. Their schedule gets easy after our game. Only chance is a loss by them at Seattle and I don’t see it. That Buffalo game was huge for them. Anything can happen and if they lose a few players to injury things can turn around quickly.

plasticman

Reaction score
A true champion isn't afraid of anybody.

Get to the playoffs and keep winning, no matter who, no matter where.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Giants yes, Cardinals no. Again, if we finish with the same record and we both sweep the division, we must necessarily have the same common-opponents record and they must necessarily have a better conference record.
If they lose to to AZ, then we would be up a game up common opponent which if I am not mistaken is first tie breaker. We both lose to AZ so that is a wash but we beat the Jets and they did not.

ESisback

Reaction score
.. we got to still try and win out, and try to capture number one seed.
Need SF to win. Then Philly comes to Dallas with first place on the line.
Should Dallas win. It's a whole new ball game after that
That’s my vote!
But if the Eagles have "the refs on their side" then what's the point of playing? You already know who is going to win.

I see the built in excuses are starting already, like clockwork. :rolleyes:
look, we don’t really know anything, except what has already happened. We are about middle of the pack for the NUMBER of penalties, but you have to look at the TYPE of penalties, and WHEN they occurred. I just sat through a video of the last Dallas/Philly game, and I saw 40 terrible calls. Several were gamechanging—everything from interference to blatant holding on our pass rushers.

I’m fairly certain if you went through the game looking at penalties AGAINST Philly, you’d find a similar number, but I’d bet everything I owned that the timing and blatant nature clearly BENEFITTED Philthy.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they lose to to AZ, then we would be up a game up common opponent which if I am not mistaken is first tie breaker. We both lose to AZ so that is a wash but we beat the Jets and they did not.
Not if they beat SF. That makes it even again.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This thread.............
conspiracy-charlie-day.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
An easier path would be nice. But winning the SB is going to be hard no matter what. Even with HFA.

Praxit

Reaction score
That’s my vote!

look, we don’t really know anything, except what has already happened. We are about middle of the pack for the NUMBER of penalties, but you have to look at the TYPE of penalties, and WHEN they occurred. I just sat through a video of the last Dallas/Philly game, and I saw 40 terrible calls. Several were gamechanging—everything from interference to blatant holding on our pass rushers.

I’m fairly certain if you went through the game looking at penalties AGAINST Philly, you’d find a similar number, but I’d bet everything I owned that the timing and blatant nature clearly BENEFITTED Philthy.
.. I kind of feel for some odd reason, the penalties always are advantage to the home team.