Twitter: Wince vs Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok, I'll play...

Wince has led his Colts to a 9-6 record, 2nd in the AFC South Division and currently ranked as the 1st Widcard team for the AFC Playoffs, even though the other AFC contenders have yet to play later on today.

Wince's QB stats on a full 15 game stretch in 2021:

Screenshot-20211226-015711-Sports.jpg

Dak has led his Cowboys to a 10-4 record, 1st in the NFC East Division and currently ranked as the 2nd overall team for the NFC Playoffs, even though they have yet to play today, along with other NFC contenders.

Dak's QB stats on a only a 13 game stretch in 2021 since the Cowboys have yet to play tonight, along with Dak having played 1 less game this season due to injury:

Screenshot-20211226-015808-Sports.jpg

Looks like Dak has passed for more than 360 yards than Wince (that's with Dak having yet to play tonight, plus having played 1 less game earlier in the season due to injury), plus Dak has a better completions % record AND a higher QB passer rating. That's not including how Dak has led his Cowboys to a better record and a much higher playoff seeding so far.

Dak > Wince ... once again. :cool: :flagwave::starspin:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Anyone with by far the best running back in the NFL has to go at least 11-4. Otherwise that's a serious disappointment, dude. A team built around an elite running game are usually not 9-6 if you've watched football long enough.

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Ok, I'll play...

Wince has led his Colts to a 9-6 record, 2nd in the AFC South Division and currently ranked as the 1st Widcard team for the AFC Playoffs, even though the other AFC contenders have yet to play later on today.

Dak has led his Cowboys to a 10-4 record, 1st in the NFC East Division and currently ranked as the 2nd overall team for the NFC Playoffs, even though they have yet to play today, along with other NFC contenders.

Dak's QB stats on a only a 13 game stretch in 2021 since the Cowboys have yet to play tonight, along with Dak having played 1 less game this season due to injury:

Looks like Dak has passed for more than 360 yards than Wince (that's with Dak having yet to play tonight, plus having played 1 less game earlier in the season due to injury), plus Dak has a better completions % record AND a higher QB passer rating. That's not including how Dak has led his Cowboys to a better record and a much higher playoff seeding so far.

Their numbers are a wash. QB rating is essentially the same. Sure, Dak has 300 more passing yards in 2 fewer games. He also has 4 more INTs. Many people would take fewer INTs over more yards.

People also talk about the fact that Wentz has Taylor and Nelson.

Well, Dak has Martin, who is a top 2 OG along with Nelson. Dak also has a two-headed monster in Zeke and Pollard. Dallas was one of the best running teams in the NFL a few weeks ago. Then you throw in the fact that they have far superior receiving options.

Overall, Dak and Wentz have essentially the same stats this season. They also both have a lot of offensive weapons. That doesn’t really prove that Wentz is having a good season. It proves that Dak is having a terrible season if he can’t separate himself from Wentz.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Their numbers are a wash. QB rating is essentially the same. Sure, Dak has 300 more passing yards in 2 fewer games. He also has 4 more INTs. Many people would take fewer INTs over more yards.

People also talk about the fact that Wentz has Taylor and Nelson.

Well, Dak has Martin, who is a top 2 OG along with Nelson. Dak also has a two-headed monster in Zeke and Pollard. Dallas was one of the best running teams in the NFL a few weeks ago. Then you throw in the fact that they have far superior receiving options.

Overall, Dak and Wentz have essentially the same stats this season. They also both have a lot of offensive weapons. That doesn’t really prove that Wentz is having a good season. It proves that Dak is having a terrible season if he can’t separate himself from Wentz.
Dak has separated himself from Wince since the beginning of the season. You just fail to see it. It's no comparison.

Swagger

Reaction score
In terms of overall body of work, Wentz has had a better regular season than Prescott. I have watched both play all season and the difference for me has been that Wentz is able to overcome adversity. Last night the Colts were down their starting o-line, secondary and best defender, missed a field goal yet he still make a couple of exceptional clutch throws to win the game away to a 10-4 team with the running game being shut to 3 yards a carry except for JT's first run for 43 yards. That's a franchise QB for you. Their o-line was awful first few games in the season yet he still played pretty well with a broken foot. When Prescott has been missing a few pieces his performances have fallen off a cliff and the defense has carried his sorry ***

khiladi

Reaction score
In terms of overall body of work, Wentz has had a better regular season than Prescott. I have watched both play all season and the difference for me has been that Wentz is able to overcome adversity. Last night the Colts were down their starting o-line, secondary and best defender, missed a field goal yet he still make a couple of exceptional clutch throws to win the game away to a 10-4 team with the running game being shut to 3 yards a carry except for JT's first run for 43 yards. That's a franchise QB for you. Their o-line was awful first few games in the season yet he still played pretty well with a broken foot. When Prescott has been missing a few pieces his performances have fallen off a cliff and the defense has carried his sorry ***

He, pre-injury, was LIGHT YEARS better than Dak in the red/zone throwing the ball, meaning tight windows. His efficiency in the red zone is always in the top of the league. From 2017-2019, his TD-INT ratio in the red zone was a whopping 60-1.

Dak on the other hand proves himself year in and out as horrible, despite the OL and RG he has had his whole career here to take pressure off his lack of accuracy and forcing extra defenders into the box.

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
The Colts have a much better running game this year with 529 more yards and nearly a full yard more per attempt.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Ok, I'll play...

I would take 4 fewer interceptions over extra yards given that they have the same TDs. Passer rating doesn't matter but giving the ball to the other team does.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many fumbles does each QB have also. Also how many lost fumbles.
Did anyone take that into account. I know Dak has some, but seems Wince has one every game.

Heck, dad could have more, but have to ask anyway.

Kumbaya

Reaction score

Maybe some of You guys need to stop your Dak hate or Dak doubt. I know he has dropped off somewhat since his Injury, which tells me something….maybe he has not fully healed and maybe this is affecting his play. The lower half of a qb is also very important, wouldn’t you agree? Calf injuries can take a long time to heal…I know, I’ve had a couple just playing tennis. I was out longer than Dak was too, and he is much younger.

Give him some time….at least you guys are still winning.
K