Twitter: Wince vs Dak

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
yes, difference is thin (depending on definition of thin)..
but how has Wentz been better over all. every statistic says Dak is better. the very definition of being better is having better games.

I believe with Wentz we would be at 9-6 right now, similar to where he has the colts. I just don't trust him. he has had some really really bad games this year....very much protected by his running game

Some will pull anything they can to narrate what they want to see...no person who actually has watched the 2's NFL career and has no bias will say they have been the same. SHOULD Wentz be better...everything pointed to yes when he was drafted...he just simply has been worse.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
yes, difference is thin (depending on definition of thin)..
but how has Wentz been better over all. every statistic says Dak is better. the very definition of being better is having better games.

I believe with Wentz we would be at 9-6 right now, similar to where he has the colts. I just don't trust him. he has had some really really bad games this year....very much protected by his running game
Statistics don't always tell the whole story. Dak has had big games with big numbers, while Wentz has been more consistent. Wentz hasn't had the stinkers Dak has had. Wentz doesn't have a single game this year with more INTs than TDs. Dak has 3 of those such games.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lemme see.. Dak has 8 games this year with a passer rating over 100.. Wentz also has 8.. Dak has 4 games with a passer rating under 80.. Again same as Wentz.. But for some reason this says Dak is inconsistent and Wentz is trustworthy.. I mean literally the same numbers.. And that has come with one guy backed by the league's leading rusher and the other guy having to overcome a complete lack of any consistent rushing attack over the past 7 games.. Weird isn't it. How about this one.. Dak has 7 games this year in which he has completed over 70% of his passes.. Wentz only has done it 4 times. Wentz has been in a training wheels offense most of this year.. He has thrown the ball less than 30 times in 6 games this year.. That's compared to two such games for Dak. You have to really dig for any metric that supports the Wentz is better than Dak stance being espoused by some. Dak is better.. and has been better for the bulk of their respective careers including this year. Hell if not for the injuries to his line, to Zeke and to himself Dak is probably running away with the MVP right about now.
Dak has 3 games with more INTs than TDs, Wentz has Zero. Wentz hasn't had any real stinkers the way Dak has.

That's what I meant when I say that Dak's had bigger games, but Wentz has been overall more consistent.

Also, you don't have to dig much at all to find a statistic that Wentz is better than Dak at this year. It's a pretty important statistic too. That's statistic is turnovers.

I know that you're never going to agree when it comes to Dak, because you think he's a GOAT, but that's fine. We can agree to disagree there.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I believe Wentz has been better overall this year, but Dak's had better games.

I believe if Wentz was our QB we would have the same record we do now, if not better. I believe the difference between them is that thin.

This sort of thing is comical. What measure shows Wentz as been better overall this year? Passer rating? Nope.. Completion percentage? Nope.. Yards per attempt? Nope.. Yards per game? Nah.. TD? Nope.. INTs.. okay that's the one metric that favors Wentz.. but he has played one more game but attempted almost 100 fewer passes.. I say again.. "training wheels.." And before anyone chimes in with "well he has almost as many TDs on fewer attempts" I will point out to you that Dak has a higher TD percentage per attempt as well. I applaud Wentz for fixing his turnover issues from that last year in Philly.. but he is being asked to do considerably less than Dak is... Some of the same people that claimed "Zeke and the o-line carried Dak" are now turning a blind eye to the fact that Taylor and the o-line are carrying Wentz. And I would bet a month's salary that if the Cowboys offered Dak for Wentz straight up the Colts would do the trade yesterday. Because THEY know the difference is not thin..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This sort of thing is comical. What measure shows Wentz as been better overall this year? Passer rating? Nope.. Completion percentage? Nope.. Yards per attempt? Nope.. Yards per game? Nah.. TD? Nope.. INTs.. okay that's the one metric that favors Wentz.. but he has played one more game but attempted almost 100 fewer passes.. I say again.. "training wheels.." And before anyone chimes in with "well he has almost as many TDs on fewer attempts" I will point out to you that Dak has a higher TD percentage per attempt as well. I applaud Wentz for fixing his turnover issues from that last year in Philly.. but he is being asked to do considerably less than Dak is... Some of the same people that claimed "Zeke and the o-line carried Dak" are now turning a blind eye to the fact that Taylor and the o-line are carrying Wentz. And I would bet a month's salary that if the Cowboys offered Dak for Wentz straight up the Colts would do the trade yesterday. Because THEY know the difference is not thin..
Would you also bet a months salary on Dak leading us to the Super Bowl vs the field?

How much do you REALLY believe in him?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Statistics don't always tell the whole story. Dak has had big games with big numbers, while Wentz has been more consistent. Wentz hasn't had the stinkers Dak has had. Wentz doesn't have a single game this year with more INTs than TDs. Dak has 3 of those such games.
you are taking one single statistic to measure consistency on who has been better. while ignoring every other statistic..that's called looking through a key hole....by that measure then Wentz is better than Mahomes, since Mahomes has had 3 games he has more Ints than TDs. Rodgers has had 2 such games.

Wentz has had 5 games having 55% or less completion percentage. Dak has had none.

when you throw the ball 12 times and 57 yards, your team is not relying on you and you are not taking any risks. throwing for 57 is very inconsistent. another game he only threw the ball 20 times for 106. again very inconsistent. it just shows the very conservative approach of the the team with the QB. drive the bus. Wentz has had two games where he throw for more than 300 yards...while dak has had 5 of those. Wentz has had 5 games where he threw more than 35 times, while Dak has had 9. Colts have had 3 games where they rushed for more than they passed, while Dallas has had 1.

as I mentioned they rely on the running game. Wentz is the ultimate bus driver this year. they have had 4 games running for over 200 yards this year.....their success depends on their run game. they have lost to any average or above average team when they didn't have high rushing numbers and had to rely on Wentz.

if you want to argue that wentz is a better bus driver, then you may have a point. In this case though Dak hasn't been a bus driver.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
only one statistic that matter to him as he dug dug and dug....more games having thrown more Ints than TDs...which also makes Wentz better than Mahomes since Mahomes has had 3 of those games...

I am sure the response is Mahomes has a superbowl ring so he is excused from this measure. we are only comparing QBs who haven't played in the superbowl.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak has 3 games with more INTs than TDs, Wentz has Zero. Wentz hasn't had any real stinkers the way Dak has.

That's what I meant when I say that Dak's had bigger games, but Wentz has been overall more consistent.

Also, you don't have to dig much at all to find a statistic that Wentz is better than Dak at this year. It's a pretty important statistic too. That's statistic is turnovers.

I know that you're never going to agree when it comes to Dak, because you think he's a GOAT, but that's fine. We can agree to disagree there.

Really? Wentz had a game with a 49.7 passer rating and threw for 57 yards while completing 5 of 12 passes. In what era would this not rate as a stinker? Or how about that 194 yard performance against the Titans where he completed 51.3% of his passes? In fact take any of his SIX games with less than 200 passing yards and explain to me how you can rate those as being "consistent." More telling is that in games in which he has been asked to throw it more than 30 times they went 3-6. But I agree.. he's pretty consistent.. at handing off. When asked to throw it a lot he's been slightly less than stellar.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so 57 yards is not a stinker? 106 yards is not a stinker... wow. I guess we have a new definition of a stinker...

so throwing for 57 yards and 106 yards is being consistent...that's great....I will keep that in the archives for future reference.

so 4 interceptions over 15 games is the difference between consistent and better....so only Ints statistics matter, not TDs or anything else....right?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you are taking one single statistic to measure consistency on who has been better. while ignoring every other statistic..that's called looking through a key hole....by that measure then Wentz is better than Mahomes, since Mahomes has had 3 games he has more Ints than TDs. Rodgers has had 2 such games.

Wentz has had 5 games having 55% or less completion percentage. Dak has had none.

when you throw the ball 12 times and 57 yards, your team is not relying on you and you are not taking any risks. throwing for 57 is very inconsistent. another game he only threw the ball 20 times for 106. again very inconsistent. it just shows the very conservative approach of the the team with the QB. drive the bus. Wentz has had two games where he throw for more than 300 yards...while dak has had 5 of those. Wentz has had 5 games where he threw more than 35 times, while Dak has had 9. Colts have had 3 games where they rushed for more than they passed, while Dallas has had 1.

as I mentioned they rely on the running game. Wentz is the ultimate bus driver this year. they have had 4 games running for over 200 yards this year.....their success depends on their run game. they have lost to any average or above average team when they didn't have high rushing numbers and had to rely on Wentz.

if you want to argue that wentz is a better bus driver, then you may have a point. In this case though Dak hasn't been a bus driver.
The reason Dak and Wentz is a comparison still, 6 years later, is because neither guy can separate himself from the other definitively.

This is a Cowboy's forum. I don't plan on getting unbiased opinions on things, especially when it comes to Dak/Wentz debate.

I think both Dak and Wentz are decent enough QBs. Neither guy is going to win anything being to focal point of the offense. It's a silly debate really when you think about it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The reason Dak and Wentz is a comparison still, 6 years later, is because neither guy can separate himself from the other definitively.

This is a Cowboy's forum. I don't plan on getting unbiased opinions on things, especially when it comes to Dak/Wentz debate.

I think both Dak and Wentz are decent enough QBs. Neither guy is going to win anything being to focal point of the offense. It's a silly debate really when you think about it.

You left out "in your mind." Dak separated himself from Wentz years ago for me.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

well, that's a different argument than Wentz having been more consistent and better than Dak in 2021.....

we can have a 40 page discussion just on that topic alone...

but facts remain, Dak has been better than wentz this year. no denying that.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Really? Wentz had a game with a 49.7 passer rating and threw for 57 yards while completing 5 of 12 passes. In what era would this not rate as a stinker? Or how about that 194 yard performance against the Titans where he completed 51.3% of his passes? In fact take any of his SIX games with less than 200 passing yards and explain to me how you can rate those as being "consistent." More telling is that in games in which he has been asked to throw it more than 30 times they went 3-6. But I agree.. he's pretty consistent.. at handing off. When asked to throw it a lot he's been slightly less than stellar.
Why are you so defensive about Dak?

I feel like you'd argue and try and make a case that Dak is better than any QB in the NFL lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You left out "in your mind." Dak separated himself from Wentz years ago for me.
You didn't answer my question.

You said " And I would bet a month's salary that if the Cowboys offered Dak for Wentz straight up the Colts would do the trade yesterday. Because THEY know the difference is not thin.."

Would you bet a months salary that Dak leads us to the Super Bowl over the field?

starfan1

Reaction score
Wentz plays for the Colts. Dak is a cowboy end of story! I remember wanting Wentz predraft but I’m so glad it didn’t work out. I got a qb to replace Romo and we got Zeke

I’d rather had Henry but I’m ok with how things have turned out

I’d love to get to the SB and play wentz so Dak can shut down all this Wentz boot lickers talk

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I mean Cowboys passing attack is 3rd behind KC and Buccs while winning Colts is behind the Giants and kinda winning ...Colts rushing attack is 3rd in attempts and has the #1 rusher...Cowboys are 10th,,,take that anyway you like...the colts though are behind the Giants in passing. Cowboys behind KC and Buccs..hmmm

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
well, that's a different argument than Wentz having been more consistent and better than Dak in 2021.....

we can have a 40 page discussion just on that topic alone...

but facts remain, Dak has been better than wentz this year. no denying that.....
I don't agree that he has, but hey, that's okay.

I believe Dak was better in 2016 and 2018, Wentz was better in 2017 and so far in 2021, and every other year has been close.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mean Cowboys passing attack is 3rd behind KC and Buccs while winning Colts is behind the Giants and kinda winning ...Colts rushing attack is 3rd in attempts and has the #1 rusher...Cowboys are 10th,,,take that anyway you like...the colts though are behind the Giants in passing. Cowboys behind KC and Buccs..hmmm
That's fine and all, but it's different teams and different offenses.

The Colts don't have Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup and the Cowboys don't have Taylor.

They are doing what they feel is best to win games and both teams are doing pretty good this season with their strategy.

Wentz with Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup might be amazing and Dak with Taylor might be a bus driver. We just don't know.