Windows 7 or vista..?

johnrite

Reaction score
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
I'm a Mac person, but my husband does Windows IT. Get Windows 7, no question. Even Microsoft has somewhat admitted Vista is crap.

johnrite

Reaction score
johnrite;3196143 said:
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?
Can you please help me?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i've come to the realization that windows 7 is vista just with the tweaks needed to make it run better. I have Vista installed on my Apple desktop, it actually is running flawlessly (i still prefure XP though) yet again if i didn't need windows for my modding i wouldn't use it at all lol

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
No brainer

Windows 7 is wayyy better than Vista and I run Vista 64bit at home.

End of life for Vista is also slated for early 2012.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dallas;3208139 said:
No brainer

Windows 7 is wayyy better than Vista and I run Vista 64bit at home.

End of life for Vista is also slated for early 2012.

The end of life for everything else is late 2012. :laugh2:

clshep

Reaction score
If you're going to buy a brand new PC, Windows 7 is the only option it will come with. Granted, there are stores that may still have some computers installed with Vista but you qualify for the free Windows 7 upgrade if you buy it now. All PC purchases after June 26th, qualify for the free upgrade.

You simply need to go to the manufacturer's website, submit your receipt info and they'll ship you a version of Windows 7 you can upgrade to. Depending if you're running 32 bit or 64 bit, the manufacturer will ship you the equivalent in Windows 7.

Also, I'd like to point out that Windows Vista did indeed have some flaws however after SP2 came out, those users that downloaded/installed this Service Pack have had no problems since.

So if you're going to buy an older machine with Windows Vista that does NOT qualify for the 7 upgrade, rest assured that once SP2 is installed, you won't have to worry about the excellent Apple attack campaign stating how much Vista sucks. ;-)

Shep

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise edition for the 1st time today. We are currently testing it at my office before loading it on other users in our office. We do have some who will not be upgraded due to a certain program they are running that is not compatible with Windows 7.

dse2010

Reaction score
I'm probably one of the rare people who actually like Vista. But what is it yall like about Windows 7 so much? I may switch soon, but what is the major differences?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dse2010;3246264 said:
I'm probably one of the rare people who actually like Vista. But what is it yall like about Windows 7 so much? I may switch soon, but what is the major differences?

It is very simular to Vista as far as I have seen but it does seem easier to move around in Win7 and seems to have fewer steps to do some of the same actions than Vista

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Any laptop or computer you buy now will come default with Windows 7 and is built to support Windows 7. Windows 7 is also heads and shoulders above Vista, no sense in using a horse and carriage when you can drive a car ;)

kimorah86

Reaction score
get windows 7 it is better especially if you worked with other types of windows.