Winning in spite of McCarthy

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Ehhh McCarthy is a weak link but not much to complain about today. Being aggressive isn’t wrong. He’s made plenty of bad decisions this season, he’s also kept his foot on the gas plenty and it has paid off. Bad thread.

The truth is the fan base just will never like the head coach no matter who he is. A three game winning streak and the negative threads are all about the coach. As if he has no hand in helping get this team to this point.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Im happy we won, sure beats losing but all of us should feel some impending doom because of this coach. His weird decisions are going to bite us at some point and possibly multiple times. Challenging stupid stuff, going for 2 pointers, giving players the rest of the day off with an entire quarter left? Even if Quinn suggested it, no way McCarthy should've agreed to that and if he suggested it, he's just a spineless tool.

Yeah if feels like that Xavier Woods quote all over again, can't go full speed all the time, etc. And if we lost? Holy smokes.

sacase

Reaction score
The 2pt the first time was a good call. The second time I have no issue with. I do think there needs to be a better time management at the end of the game. I put it both on Dak and McCarthy. Dak needs to realize that he needs to snap the ball with less than 5 seconds left, not 20. McCarthy just needs to get better at managing the time at the end of the game period. Small things to clean up, but I am happy with the Coach and the team.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Its stupid because sat him because he was hurt lol?

Diggs tried to come back in, where is the confirmation that he was hurt?

In game reporting said Diggs was out due to player management.

Stop spouting BS.

Mark

Reaction score
The players on the field are winning the games. Diggs jumping that route has nothing to do with McCarthy's coaching. Dak drops a dime to Cooper is an excellent play between those two.

I don't feel like we're winning these games because of McCarthy's acumen.

This team is winning games right now in SPITE of McCarthy, and will surely lose a couple this year BECAUSE of him.

Reactions: BAT

Gaede

Reaction score
He is going to cost us a game at some point. There are legit 2-3 decisions a game that put us at a disadvantage. Who declines a 15 yd penalty?!!! That was the dumbest thing

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Diggs tried to come back in, where is the confirmation that he was hurt?

In game reporting said Diggs was out due to player management.

Stop spouting BS.

Exactly.

He straight up made that up, luuulz

cowboyec

Reaction score
bull.
we are winning because of mccarthy.
drafts are better.
change in defensive philosoohy.
free agents are better.
noah brown and cedrick wilson are better.
dalton schultz is better.
kellen moore is a much better play caller post-mccarthy than under garrett.
balance on offense.
development of terrence steele.
zeke is better because of more reps for pollard...never happen under garrett.
more aggressive.
he gets credit for ALL that.

tunahelper

Reaction score
We're going to hear the biggest pile of BS from MM about Diggs. We won't get the truth.

It will be something like, "We went with the percentages and sometimes it's not all about the percentages it's how the team is playing the percentages".