Winningest NFL Franchise Despite 2 decades of mediocrity

GMO415

Reaction score
Thank u dak
tenor.gif

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the reason for this is the landry and johnsons cowboys this bunch they have had over the last 23 years have added little to it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That really just goes to show how dominant we were during the Landry and Johnson era.

God bless those guys.
You know....I don't want to be that guy but I always wondered how we only had 5 rings......well I know in the Jimmy era we would've had more had they not disrupted the dynasty.....but the Landry era? Seems like 2 rings was. underachievement......understandn though before y'all jump down my throat I wasn't even born then so just curious the opinion of those that were.

Insomniac

Reaction score
Regular season winning percentage:

Landry .605
Garrett .566
Jimmy .556

Playoffs:
Jimmy .692
Landry .556
Garrett .400

Legends are made in the postseason.

For coaches I'd rate total championships and playoff wins over playoff win%. Landry as coach has the 2nd most playoff wins.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
https://i.*******/i705zn03jcg21.jpg
Have times changed for Cowboys fans. Cowboy fans use to be all about consecutive winning seasons, consecutive playoff berths, NFC title games and Super Bowl appearances were icing on the cake.

Now Cowboy fans are just like any NFL team where mediocrity is championships. I wonder if what Patriot fans feel about the Cowboys being no.1?

Tom Landry's winning percentage was .601, 5 Super Bowls, 12 NFC Championship games, 18 playoff seasons and 20 consecutive non losing seasons in a 23 year span.
Jimmy Johnson winning percentage was .580, 2 Super Bowls, 2 NFC Championship games, 3 playoff seasons, 3 non losing seasons all in a 5 year span with the Cowboys. The team he built without Deion Sanders added another NFC Championship game in 1994.

That's why I became a Cowboys fan. Excellence and Championships over statistics. "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

yimyammer

Reaction score
https://i.*******/i705zn03jcg21.jpg

You have to be an idiot to be satisfied with this team over the last 20 years. Bears better than the Pats? A completely pointless data set.

This doesnt reflect the last 20 years, its every teams all-time win percentage.

A more accurate gauge of how teams are doing in the modern NFL with a salary cap and free agency should start when salary cap and free agency began because its really two totally different eras

this just shows how great Landry was as he tee'd up so many wins for the buffoon owner that the cowboys still top this list in spite of him

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So we basically have 2 decades of .500 ball and our winning percentage is still that high and #1 in the league. What was our winning percentage prior to the last 2 decades?