Wins are a QB stat

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This was unnecessary, brother. I know the Dakophants can be really annoying, but Dak didn't cost us this game. He wasn't perfect, but had the defense done its job, and the receivers hadn't dropped a couple of very catchable balls, and the officials hadn't made some heinously bad calls, his play would've been enough to win.

Defense certainly wasn’t great but I’m being honest

Dak had a good first drive and then basically disappeared until early 4th quarter. Got lucky when a gift wrapped pick 6 was dropped (for the second straight week, mind you). Missed an easy throw to Gallup that would have been a huge gain. Never identified numerous wide open receivers for potential big gains (so many that Aikman started commenting on it). And then played well the last 10 minutes

In large part, This was a typical Dak performance. It’s who he is. 3 bad quarters, one good one.

The only difference was tonight the defense wasn’t stellar enough to provide cover for him so he could swoop in late, make a few plays, and be hailed as the “clutch king”

You know I love you bro but I’m genuinely tired of the same old same old, both on the field and on this board

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ok so let's say Goff is better than Dak. Are we going to hop in a time machine and give up Zeke, Jaylon and god knows what else to get Goff? Are either Gallup or Cooper on this team? What about LVE and Chido?

How many wins you think this team would have right now if we did that?

That’s not the point he’s making. Extending Dak is accepting that you will have the inferior QB in the majority of the playoff games you play in for now on. “Good enough is good enough” has become the Cowboys mantra at the QB position. It not JJ, it’s not Garrett, it’s your mentality at QB.

Drew Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Cassel, Tony Romo, Drew Henson, Dak Prescott. When was the last time you really swung for the fences for a QB and not settled with a no-name or has-been guy hopefully working out? Troy freaking Aikman. 30 years ago this draft. Boom.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Before the games today, Dak being the only QB drafted within the last three seasons to win a playoff game was supposedly the market of his greatness. I guess that made up stat goes out the window now that Goff and Mahomes won their games..

Exactly

I had that post in mind when writing this one

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
That’s not the point he’s making. Extending Dak is accepting that you will have the inferior QB in the majority of the playoff games you play in for now on. “Good enough is good enough” has become the Cowboys mantra at the QB position. It not JJ, it’s not Garrett, it’s your mentality at QB.

Drew Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Cassel, Tony Romo, Drew Henson, Dak Prescott. When was the last time you really swung for the fences for a QB and not settled with a no-name or has-been guy hopefully working out? Troy freaking Aikman. 30 years ago this draft. Boom.

Why aren't you on an Eagles message board? Don't y'all have a game tomorrow?

Eanwen

Reaction score

Drew Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Cassel, Tony Romo, Drew Henson, Dak Prescott. When was the last time you really swung for the fences for a QB and not settled with a no- and guy hopefully working out? Troy freaking Aikman. 30 years ago this draft. Boom.

I've said all along that I don't think Dak is a franchise qb but alright let's play that game. We don't extend Dak. Now what? Who are we getting such that we can improve other areas of our team (like say front seven so we don't get gashed by Rams, Colts etc again) while not getting worse because we couldn't afford to keep our own players because we signed [insert franchise qb]?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Defense certainly wasn’t great but I’m being honest

Dak had a good first drive and then basically disappeared until early 4th quarter. Got lucky when a gift wrapped pick 6 was dropped (for the second straight week, mind you). Missed an easy throw to Gallup that would have been a huge gain. Never identified numerous wide open receivers for potential big gains (so many that Aikman started commenting on it). And then played well the last 10 minutes

In large part, This was a typical Dak performance. It’s who he is. 3 bad quarters, one good one.

The only difference was tonight the defense wasn’t stellar enough to provide cover for him so he could swoop in late, make a few plays, and be hailed as the “clutch king”

You know I love you bro but I’m genuinely tired of the same old same old
Like I said, he wasn't perfect....and yeah, the dropped pick 6 should've had a bow on it, but overall, the defense and lack of a running game was more to blame than he was, IMO.

I understand the Dakophants would be proclaiming him the GOAT, had we won this game, and it's really tempting to rub salt in the wound, but the way the whole team played this game, I can't think of many QBs who could've overcome.

Zman5

Reaction score
That settles it then. Dak is better than Wentz.
Four times they played against each other, Dak is 3-1.

Dak is better than Cousins too. Dak has never lost to Cousins.
Dak is better than Brees. He's 1-0 against him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

While I don’t necessarily disagree with a lot of what you said here that really wasn’t the point I was making

For the sniffers, Dak is incredible because he “wins”

There are many people on this board who are so delusional they actually think Prescott is the best quarterback from the 2016 draft.

The Rams sold out to stop Zeke and gave our receivers 10 yard cushions all night because they had zero fear that Prescott would efficiently move our team up and down the field and for basically every drive but two they were exactly right

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
or so I keep reading on this board. I don’t necessarily agree but, hey, when in Rome.....

With that in mind

Goff v Dak, in head to head games

Goff 2
Dak 0

Divisional round wins
Goff 1
Dak 0

Looks to me like Goff was the #1 pick, and Dak a 4th rounder, for a reason.
you had that one locked and loaded didn't u

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That settles it then. Dak is better than Wentz.
Four times they played against each other, Dak is 3-1.
Dak is better than Cousins too. Dak has never lost to Cousins.
Dak is better than Brees. He's 1-0 against him.

I’ve seen those exact sentiments offered on this forum pretty much in those exact words

That was the whole point of my post. Without realizing it you basically proved my point

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
What does this have to do with this post?

Relevance? Relevance? This dates back much much further back than Dak, Garret was hired in 2007 when Sean Mcvey couldn’t buy a fricking beer, and now he has built a once joke organization above what Jerry and Co have produced in nearly a QUARTER CENTURY!

The fish stinks from the HEAD, how long will it take for Cowboys fans to realize this.

I don’t know if Dak is the answer but he is absolutely being hamstrung by the most mediocre head coach in the league, and THE WORST GM in the league.

Without Jimmy Johnson Building those 90’s teams, Jerry would be lesser Al Davis :shudder

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Goff was QB of an offense tonight, who the opposing Defense allowed to run for a record amount of rush yards in the playoffs. Goff who has been proven to be rattled under pressure, was barely touched by the opposing defense and was never in doubt of having to be forced to punt and therefore more pressure put on him to score.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I've said all along that I don't think Dak is a franchise qb but alright let's play that game. We don't extend Dak. Now what? Who are we getting such that we can improve other areas of our team (like say front seven so we don't get gashed by Rams, Colts etc again) while not getting worse because we couldn't afford to keep our own players because we signed [insert franchise qb]?

You’re in a semi-permanent rut because of the team and culture you’ve built around Dak. Think about if you never drafted him. Romo is badly injured in 2016 and you go 4-12. You desperately need a QB, and the top 2 available at your draft position are named Mahomes and Watson. This has happened many times throughout the 2000’s because the cowboys settled with a QB that kept them just good enough to not need a top end QB in the draft.

If you trade Dak away in a package to get Kyler Murray or even Tua next year... no you won’t win the East. But you’ll be much closer to winning the Super Bowl in 5 years than you will be like this. Everyone keeps saying Dak did enough tonight to prove his worth. The QB you want is the one who does enough to get the W, even if it means exceeding his limitations. Is that Dak? Does he win shootouts when the rest of the team is bad? If you need an all star defense and a league leading RB to carry your QB, then what you really need is a new QB.