Duane

Reaction score
Saw this posted at The Ranch...

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=35094

Winslow out for the 2005 season
Reported by Jim Donovan
POSTED: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 6:40:30 PM
UPDATED: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:26:32 PM

BEREA -- Kellen Winslow is out for the 2005 season.

Channel 3 News has learned that he has a significant right-knee injury.

The results of the MRI on Winslow's injured right leg have not been made public, but sources tell us that they show an injury to his ACL.

Winslow knows the results and so do the Browns, but the Winslow family will not allow the information to be become public.

Winslow was injured May 1st in Westlake while riding a motorcycle in a parking lot. Winslow missed nearly all of his rookie year with the Browns after breaking his leg against Dallas in Week 2.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
The results of the MRI on Winslow's injured right leg have not been made public, but sources tell us that they show an injury to his ACL.

Those sources won't be hard to find if in fact they actually saw his MRI considering not many Dr's or Nurses have prob seen them....

That said I hope he gets back sooner than later but 06 is better than never at all again.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I truly don't see the thrill - as a totally inexperienced driver - to attempt to drive a souped up bike.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
I truly don't see the thrill - as a totally inexperienced driver - to attempt to drive a souped up bike.
It's called ego. He believed he's invincible.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well, I for one hope for the best for the kid. I don't see the reason for someone with that much money to get on a sportbike though, with contracts and such. Guess we don't know how he was riding the bike at the time. I mean, if it is a speed thing, the kid has enough money to buy a real fast car, lol.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Detroit is REAL GLAD they made that trade down with Cleveland to pick up Roy Williams...yea Matt Millen is so dumb...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
here is a quip from another board...

I spent a recent weekend in Cleveland and I have a very reliable source that is medically based and at one time was place in the ICU unit that treated winslow.

Here is the report he gave me:

A plateau fracture with multiple ligaments damaged (ACL, Patella, MCL, PCL).

Prognosis: Lets just say -- Mr. Winslow might never see an NFL field again.

I am no medical expert by any means... some of you here are... isn't a plateau fracture very serious business?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I hope he never returns to NFL ever.
It would be the best thing to happen for the NFL since the facemask.

C'est la vie Kellen Winslow.

Verdict

Reaction score
There is no denying he has or had potential. The trouble is that most of the Miami Hurricanes are more trouble than they are worth. Its a shame that they cant have a little character to go with all that talent. I'll bet daddy Winslow is really proud of Jr now. He had the world by horns and he threw it all away. If I were the Browns I would make him pay the bonus back. You know IF he comes back he will have ZERO loyalty to the Browns. He's a SOLJA and it is WAR. Whatever!!!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Wow. Kellen Jr. was suppose to be the next great TE. Ooooooops! :rolleyes:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
In all fairness to Cleveland - they shouldn't have taken such a poor character guy, BUT, they had no way know knowing that he would be so stupid as to get himself career injured.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
You know the ONLY reason why they're not releasing any information regarding the specifics of the injury is because it's very serious. What a waste of talent. I hope he enjoyed his brief stint in the NFL.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
You know, in thinking about this, maybe this is best for Winslow as a person. He had all the fixings of a disaster waiting to happen, especially with fame. Perhaps this will serve as a wake up call and he will be humbled by it, and maybe calm down.

Then again, maybe he will hate the world and become more of a waste. I hope it is the first possibility.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Those sources won't be hard to find if in fact they actually saw his MRI considering not many Dr's or Nurses have prob seen them....

That said I hope he gets back sooner than later but 06 is better than never at all again.
I agree! Get well W2, and come back smarter.....

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Verdict said:
There is no denying he has or had potential. The trouble is that most of the Miami Hurricanes are more trouble than they are worth. Its a shame that they cant have a little character to go with all that talent. I'll bet daddy Winslow is really proud of Jr now. He had the world by horns and he threw it all away. If I were the Browns I would make him pay the bonus back. You know IF he comes back he will have ZERO loyalty to the Browns. He's a SOLJA and it is WAR. Whatever!!!
It's your opinion BUT my opinion on your opinion? Totally asinine. To blame an entire program based on the action of one former player? Asinine.

jamez25

Reaction score
wait till they tell him he has to pay back his signing bonus...

booboo

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
You know, in thinking about this, maybe this is best for Winslow as a person. He had all the fixings of a disaster waiting to happen, especially with fame. Perhaps this will serve as a wake up call and he will be humbled by it, and maybe calm down.

Then again, maybe he will hate the world and become more of a waste. I hope it is the first possibility.

It'd nice to see a fan concerned more about the human content than just solely on a persons NFL capabilities.

2 thumbs up on that post.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jamez25 said:
wait till they tell him he has to pay back his signing bonus...
He doesn't have a leg to stand on and will have no choice but to give it back.