Winslow Out for 2005 Season

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Very large indeed.

Freedom to make decisions come with the responsibilities of those choices made.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
Very large indeed.

Freedom to make decisions come with the responsibilities of those choices made.
and he also had a clause in his contract that prohibits him from riding a motorcycle.

Eddie

Reaction score
I could care less about this moron's football career. As long as he'll recover as a human being, he can take his arrogant arse to McD's and flip burgers for all I care.

There are so many people FAR worse off than he is, and they don't get a cent's worth of mention.

If his career is over, then god bless him ... move on. He had the world at his finger tips and he threw it away. Bye bye. Sayonara!

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
and he also had a clause in his contract that prohibits him from riding a motorcycle

I fully understand that. Those are the responsibilities I'm speaking of. I'm afraid you've got me on the wrong side of this, or don't understand my intent. I am in no way defending him, merely pointing out if that life is full of decisions for you to make, but take heed, as there are responsibilities to deal with once you've made them.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Too much revelry for Winslow’s injury, you guys need to chill because Karma is mutha, this thread has officially made me nervous.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dewey said:
I've never been a Winslow fan, but I remember being a 21 year old kid. You never think it'll happen to you, you have this misplaced belief that you are invincible. He got the bike, contract or no contract, because he didn't think "anything will happen". Dumb move, without a doubt. If this is ultimately career ending, it's kind of too bad, maybe he would have lived up to the hype or not, it would have been interesting to watch.

I am 21, and very much convinced of my immortality. Bring it on, suckas.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
I fully understand that. Those are the responsibilities I'm speaking of. I'm afraid you've got me on the wrong side of this, or don't understand my intent. I am in no way defending him, merely pointing out if that life is full of decisions for you to make, but take heed, as there are responsibilities to deal with once you've made them.
Yes I did and sorry about that

royhitshard

Reaction score
Eddie said:
I could care less about this moron's football career. As long as he'll recover as a human being, he can take his arrogant arse to McD's and flip burgers for all I care.

There are so many people FAR worse off than he is, and they don't get a cent's worth of mention.

If his career is over, then god bless him ... move on. He had the world at his finger tips and he threw it away. Bye bye. Sayonara!
Very well put. I couldn't agree more!!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
The drill sgts will love that attitude in basic training :D

They'll either:

A) Bust me up good, but really like me in the end

or

B) You will see me getting discharged......

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
They'll either:

A) Bust me up good, but really like me in the end

or

B) You will see me getting discharged......
get used to the term wall to wall conselling :D

and yes I know I butchered conselling :p:

jamez25

Reaction score
(When Vinny Testaverde, ironically, was the QB.)
Michael Irvin was on that team too....I think KWII is an *** but I never want to see anyone get hurt.hopefully he recovers quickly.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Just got back from a 150 mile round trip on my bike, when doing wheely's on my 800cc Zuk Intruder at the intersection colse to my home, I got a few crazy looks.

But I have been riding, the same bike, for about 5 years. I wouldn't even have attempted that my first couple of years.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jamez25 said:
Michael Irvin was on that team too....I think KWII is an *** but I never want to see anyone get hurt.hopefully he recovers quickly.
Michael Irvin was a U of M player and look at the character issues that he had. I like Michael, great player, one of the greatest, but there were many times he acted like a punk and he definitely brought disgrace upon the team. I think there needs to be some serious consideration at that school about counseling and character development.

As for Kellen Winslow II I'm actually sorry that this happened to him. I hope he is able to play again and I hope that he becomes a better person for the experience. But how he lets this affect his life is up to him. It is another choice he will have to make and the responsibility for the results will be on him. Get well soon Kellen, have a good career, have a good life, and grow from the experience....And FIRE the damn Postons.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
The original poster was exactly right. Univ. of Miami specializes in finding punks--& then encourages them to stay that way. Remember the team walking out of their PC when they were playing against Penn State for the national championship? (When Vinny Testaverde, ironically, was the QB.) Arrogant, pompous, egotistical, braggarts, thug posers--& then so many of them end up being underachievers in the NFL. (Jeremy Shockey anyone? Sean Taylor already?) Why? The character issue. (How many Miami players did Dallas draft this year? Or the Pats? Cough.) Kellen is just another in a long line of them. I do hope the kid gets some humility & manages to make something of his life. Maybe this will help him grow as a human being.
That was then, this is NOW. Please STOP bringing up stuff from the Jimmy Johnson & Dennis Erickson Era. Sure there been some knuckle-heads recently like Shockey, Sean Taylor, and Winslow BUT what about guys like Ed Reed, Jonathan Vilma, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Reggie Wayne, D.J. Williams, (do I need to continue?), who have stayed out of trouble and have been productive?!

You know, it's funny to see Cowboys fans complain about our team getting hounded by the media, getting negative exposure at every turn, everyone hating the Cowboys, etc. while at the same time talking bad about a college team who gets basically the kind of treatment?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Miami is in the SAME boat as the Cowboys are. Everyone loves to hate both teams, loves to root against them, wants to see both team broken & beaten. It's just find it hypocritical......

btw, the coach who basically started the whole "Arrogant, pompous, egotistical, braggarts, thug posers Era" at Miami was none other than Jimmy Johnson, if I remember correctly.......

EagleHarry

Reaction score
"I'm a soldier!"

kel.jpg

jimmy40

Reaction score
Verdict said:
There is no denying he has or had potential. The trouble is that most of the Miami Hurricanes are more trouble than they are worth. Its a shame that they cant have a little character to go with all that talent. I'll bet daddy Winslow is really proud of Jr now. He had the world by horns and he threw it all away. If I were the Browns I would make him pay the bonus back. You know IF he comes back he will have ZERO loyalty to the Browns. He's a SOLJA and it is WAR. Whatever!!!
Thank God none of us did anything totally stupid when we were young.

jimmy40

Reaction score
5mics said:
That was then, this is NOW. Please STOP bringing up stuff from the Jimmy Johnson & Dennis Erickson Era. Sure there been some knuckle-heads recently like Shockey, Sean Taylor, and Winslow BUT what about guys like Ed Reed, Jonathan Vilma, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Reggie Wayne, D.J. Williams, (do I need to continue?), who have stayed out of trouble and have been productive?!

You know, it's funny to see Cowboys fans complain about our team getting hounded by the media, getting negative exposure at every turn, everyone hating the Cowboys, etc. while at the same time talking bad about a college team who gets basically the kind of treatment?! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Miami is in the SAME boat as the Cowboys are. Everyone loves to hate both teams, loves to root against them, wants to see both team broken & beaten. It's just find it hypocritical......

btw, the coach who basically started the whole "Arrogant, pompous, egotistical, braggarts, thug posers Era" at Miami was none other than Jimmy Johnson, if I remember correctly.......
Great post.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
5mics said:
Portis has been pretty mouthy and that was part of the reason he got shipped out of Denver. Yes I know it was mostly because Denver found a chance to rape Washington on the deal but still they wanted rid of Portis as well. And isn't Ed Reed one of the players talking about a holdout to force a contract renegotiation? Even some of their "good character" guys seem to have some issues. Sure all schools produce a bad apple or two but by far more bad seed comes out of U of M than any other single school and that has been the case for many years.