CFZ With Elliott out, Prescott needs to run the football much more

shabazz

Reaction score
I still maintain that Prescott is right up there with Lamar and Murray when it come to athleticism, agility and raw speed.

I know several here may point out 40 speed but Dak has football speed. Kind of like Cooper Kupp but with more hip fluidity. Some here have made fun of those hip twist exercises that Prescott has done but it’s really the key to his agility

I can see 5-6 designed runs and he WILL average 10 yards a run. Make bank on it

glimmerman

Reaction score
Keep it balanced. But don’t get pass happy. Don’t sprinkle runs in to get the proper amount of run plays. Scheme the run. Like the second half of last week.

manster4ever

Reaction score
So you want a QB that has suffered several injuries, including a severely broken ankle in 2020, to make the tough runs up the middle and to run more? Do you miss Rush at QB that much because that is what will happen very quickly if Dak starts running.

........bingo. Makes ZERO sense to run Dak at this point. That's why we have RB's for gosh sakes.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is as effective of a scrambler since his injury. He looks a little more hesitant to do it and those lanes seem to close fast when he doesn't immediately take advantage.

I don't want to see him run as often as some of these running QBs, but if he's doing it 3-4 times a game with decisvness it's just enough to make the defenses account for it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Why do ppl think Dak should run or will run? Dak is not that type of QB no more post ankle injury...dude is a pocket passer. Let it go, Pollard got this.

75boyz

Reaction score
If they could accomplish anything even closely resembling the 2016 version of the QB, RB or OLine then this team would be headed for post season success.

The defense is good enough this time.

But unfortunately, the offense and its main players are no where near as good.

Carson

Reaction score
Just execute and win! 6-2 at the bye is massive!!!

Wangchung83

Reaction score
So many excuses for dak not to run, his previous injury, his thumb, etc. Yet so many reasons he needs to run: he wasn’t drafted and paid to be a pocket passer, he needs to be dual threat in order to succeed. Extend plays and move the ball, if he gets hurt, then it’s sad but also better to find out he can’t use his legs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It doesn’t appear Dak wants to run anymore and when he does he doesn’t run well anymore. He looks slow.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No when you said that he can’t take the load. When he can’t do is pass protect
So on passing downs you bring in a FB too and pollard runs a wheel or motions to the slot.
But I've seen Tony make many good blocks

kramskoi

Reaction score
I still maintain that Prescott is right up there with Lamar and Murray when it come to athleticism, agility and raw speed.

I know several here may point out 40 speed but Dak has football speed. Kind of like Cooper Kupp but with more hip fluidity. Some here have made fun of those hip twist exercises that Prescott has done but it’s really the key to his agility

I can see 5-6 designed runs and he WILL average 10 yards a run. Make bank on it
Football speed? Huh? Maybe in 2016 he was the equal of Jackson and Murray (that's a big maybe). Certainly not now. He never was a fluid runner, which is why he has become a pocket passer.

Bagman

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past the Bears to have 15 designed runs for Fields. Plus the pass plays that he will pull it down and run with. Fields will have close to 20 carries. It wouldn't hurt for Prescott to try and run it a few times just to give the Bears D something to think about. Its so much easier for a defense to play against a one dimensional QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Football speed? Huh? Maybe in 2016 he was the equal of Jackson and Murray (that's a big maybe). Certainly not now. He never was a fluid runner, which is why he has become a pocket passer.
Ummmmm, no, not even close. Prescott is of the 4.7 variety.

kskboys

Reaction score
It doesn’t appear Dak wants to run anymore and when he does he doesn’t run well anymore. He looks slow.
Dak has always been slow. He should only run when there is a ton of room, maybe a couple or so times a game. Him running a lot is a really really bad idea. Thinking that is simply from listening to BSPN too much. Quit. They say crapp for ratings, guys, not because it's true.

kskboys

Reaction score
So many excuses for dak not to run, his previous injury, his thumb, etc. Yet so many reasons he needs to run: he wasn’t drafted and paid to be a pocket passer, he needs to be dual threat in order to succeed. Extend plays and move the ball, if he gets hurt, then it’s sad but also better to find out he can’t use his legs.
That is not true. Dak was drafted to be a pocket passer who can run if necessary.