CFZ With Elliott out, Prescott needs to run the football much more

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Last week third and fourth and short we pitched the ball backward and got stopped. This week came forward with dak, a touchdown and a long run.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if you use dak correctly this offense is impossible to stop.

Think about It for a second. You have to account for the oline, pollard/zeke/, motion stuff with guys like ceedee. Then all of a sudden the qb runs, it keeps the defense on its toes. We see how it works against us. keep using it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Haha oh my, Dak's running for his life today, but in the right direction. Cool. :clap:

shabazz

Reaction score
I still maintain that Prescott is right up there with Lamar and Murray when it come to athleticism, agility and raw speed.

I know several here may point out 40 speed but Dak has football speed. Kind of like Cooper Kupp but with more hip fluidity. Some here have made fun of those hip twist exercises that Prescott has done but it’s really the key to his agility

I can see 5-6 designed runs and he WILL average 10 yards a run. Make bank on it

y’all see what I mean!!!!!

this post is aging quite well despite my detractors

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yet hes been balling since last week's 2nd half i believe hes 23-26 4tds in 4 drives now.,but sure rip Dak more..

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
4 drives today, in all of them dak has made plays with his legs. We don't need dak to be Lamar Jackson, we also don't need him to sit back in the pocket like Tom Brady.

But when were 3rd and short. and you run all that pre snap motion stuff, and then have the qb run. It is very difficult to stop.

Last week we went backward on the short yardage situations. Today we are moving forward. The qb sneak, the read options, all things of beauty.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Dak's legs have made a big difference on this offense already in the first half. 28 points and all 4 TD drives have involved Dak running the ball or the threat of Dak running the ball.

It's a major game changer.

Flamma

Reaction score
yet now daks last 3 drives 17-19 and 3 tds..right hes just a tad better then rush,,LOL come on man, when has rush scored a td on the opening drive let alone b2b Tds and have those stats? daks dropping dimes today , is he perfect, nope..is he elite, nope but hes 10x better then rush, YES Daks our starter..

Yeah, not a chance you see that from Rush.

blueblood70

Reaction score
4 drives today, in all of them dak has made plays with his legs. We don't need dak to be Lamar Jackson, we also don't need him to sit back in the pocket like Tom Brady.

But when were 3rd and short. and you run all that pre snap motion stuff, and then have the qb run. It is very difficult to stop.

Last week we went backward on the short yardage situations. Today we are moving forward. The qb sneak, the read options, all things of beauty.
true but it hurts watching him run looks like he has short hammys and bowed legs LOL he will never be the same after that ankle broke

basel90

Reaction score
Pollard isn't a bell cow back; his body can't take a bell cow's share of carries in a game. He's the most explosive player on the team but he can't carry the ball 25+ times in a game like Zeke Elliott can.

I'd personally like to see a lot of running from Prescott to replace a lot of Zeke's carries. A lot of Cam Newton in his prime in Carolina or that ex 49ers QB from ten years ago whose name is censored on this forum, in his prime style stuff like QB draw up the middle, QB power, read option out. Prescott is a strong and tough runner and unlike Pollard should be able to get the tough yards up the gut on short downs, not just with sneaks but also with designed runs. Also don't be afraid to run Prescott early and often on 1st and 10 with empty formation or motioning Pollard in and out.

My issue is we may need to use someone like Hendershot or Ferguson in the backfield with Prescott often as sort of an H-back, like Romo did often with Hanna... instead of only Pollard as the ace tailback especially when we're going to pass because Pollard for all his qualities is one of the worst pass protecting backs in the NFL when Elliott is objectively one of the best if not the very best in the NFL at that specific skill.
no need for elliott as we have seen

blueblood70

Reaction score
20 passes in the first half and I doubt KM sticks with the run.
that INT reminds him to run bit more now..

we still up 11 and easily can bleed this away with runs. Besides they aren't stopping our runs either., refs are to blame for them getting back in this,

D needs to Bow up and get the bears off the field first drive 2nd half and we have this game in hand,

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pollard isn't a bell cow back; his body can't take a bell cow's share of carries in a game. He's the most explosive player on the team but he can't carry the ball 25+ times in a game like Zeke Elliott can.

I'd personally like to see a lot of running from Prescott to replace a lot of Zeke's carries. A lot of Cam Newton in his prime in Carolina or that ex 49ers QB from ten years ago whose name is censored on this forum, in his prime style stuff like QB draw up the middle, QB power, read option out. Prescott is a strong and tough runner and unlike Pollard should be able to get the tough yards up the gut on short downs, not just with sneaks but also with designed runs. Also don't be afraid to run Prescott early and often on 1st and 10 with empty formation or motioning Pollard in and out.

My issue is we may need to use someone like Hendershot or Ferguson in the backfield with Prescott often as sort of an H-back, like Romo did often with Hanna... instead of only Pollard as the ace tailback especially when we're going to pass because Pollard for all his qualities is one of the worst pass protecting backs in the NFL when Elliott is objectively one of the best if not the very best in the NFL at that specific skill.

Dak can run. Read option should be a staple of the Cowboys. Failing to use it limits the offense. Nice to see Dak back in the running game. That should be the plan for the season, regardless of whether Zeke is in or out.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If they are losing run Dak. If not he should stay in the pocket. You pay backs to run and QB's to throw. Let those guys do what they're paid to do.

You pay football players to play football. Most QBs run the ball these days. That's the game. That's part of Dak's game. If he doesn't run, he's not all he can be, and the offense isn't all it can be.

Beaker42

Reaction score
y’all see what I mean!!!!!

this post is aging quite well despite my detractors
He’s nowhere near Lamar’s ability running-wise but he never was. What he is is an above-average running QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hes red hot today

now if the refs would leave us alone it would already be over and rush would lay most of the 2nd half but hey cant beat the zebras!!

I agree. Everything went south with that stupid call.