News: With Help From Veteran CBs, Brown Went From Rookie To Vet “Overnight”

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You bring up a very good point. Have we started drafting smarter players? Do we have a higher benchmark? I do know we seem to draft team captains and such. Just seems the football IQs are higher but I would love to see us draft players that don't do silly things off the field (wishful thinking I guess at times) We can't draft 100% altar boys, but we need players that are just plain smart.
Even Randy Gregory is highly intelligent. Jerry says he has the best SAT score of players they've drafted.

Garrett wants team captains.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Even Randy Gregory is highly intelligent. Jerry says he has the best SAT score of players they've drafted.

Garrett wants team captains.

Didn't know that about Gregory. But I guess that proves to show that intelligence and being smart may be two different things. One is having the ability to the correct things, the other is the doing the correct things in the correct situation.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He was playing lights out last season before the injury...again.
We ought to wish him the best in his endeavors, I assume the F.O. offered him a renewal contract?
It'll be interesting to see how He performs in deeper waters,one half of the coin sez' he outshines previous performances(as the jets aren't circled in red like Dallas is on opponents schedule's) while the flip side sez' he don't make it past game #6 before breaking down with a groin pull or something,,, I'm gonna try to keep tabs on him, as I don't believe he wanted to split to begin with.
(Over at reddit/cowboy's theres a post with 36 or 63/can't recall /replies directed at his statement:
" when healthy I can be the best in the league ")

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
For this fan, a view of Byron Jones, Anthony Brown, Chidobe Awuzi, Jourdan Lewis, and Xavier Woods does project a shadow into the future for the Cowboys.

I will take these youngsters any day over Carr, Wilcox, Mo, and Church. Im so sick and fed up with Carr playing 10 yards off his man and consistently giving up first down after first done. I began to like Mo this year. But he never stays healthy enough to warrant a pay raise. As for Wilcox and Church, they're good at hitting hard and tackling against the run but their coverage support and playing the ball is terrible.

Our young guns are fast, quick i driving to the ball, have great ball skills and are hungry to prove their worth, and have good records of being productive in college. They all seem to fit the bill in a Marinelli defense. I'm really excited for our draft picks and to see how our newly acquired backfield will do.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Didn't know that about Gregory. But I guess that proves to show that intelligence and being smart may be two different things. One is having the ability to the correct things, the other is the doing the correct things in the correct situation.

Intelligence and willpower are two separate characteristics. Gregory is smart but has no willpower whatsoever in keeping away from drugs. Yet others who aren't that smart get by and succeed in life thru nothing but sheer willpower.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Intelligence and willpower are two separate characteristics. Gregory is smart but has no willpower whatsoever in keeping away from drugs. Yet others who aren't that smart get by and succeed in life thru nothing but sheer willpower.

well said.