With Quinn gone, who are our options?

HungryLion

Reaction score
How is that a lateral move ? He's the DB coach here.
Al Harris is not the DC here, he'd be getting a promotion to a higher coaching role if he's a new DC.

Dunno if Harris contract has another year, but if his contract is expired, shouldn't he be free to go where he wants to ?
Years ago the NFL changed the rule.

Too many teams were poaching other teams assistant coaches by giving them a fancy title like “assistant head coach” instead some other such name so they could call it a promotion and get the coach out of their contract with their current team.

So the NFL changed the rule that the only “promotion” that an assistant coach under contract can accept without their teams permission is to head coach.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t think Vrabel would want to take a DC position here. Unless of course he thinks he could move that to a HC job next season with the cowboys.

I think the top possibilities are Whitt Jr. or Rivera.

I would be ok with both hires.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
HC and DC are different matters. Wade sucked as HC, but he won a championship as a DC. Not sure what Rivera would bring to the table as DC here, but could he be an option? Sure.
He also got fired from the Rams as a DC last shot he had.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Let it play out and we shall see and if not watch your TV it will be revealed to us in good time and the new Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator is........thumbs down or thumbs up. We don't have a voice here.