With the 4th pick of the draft, Cowboys select....

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Linebacker and safety touch the ball once a game. Give me the guy that touches it 25-30 a game. Give me the running back.

Tyron Smith never touches the ball, but he's still the best pick we could have made. Same with Martin. Plus you can find rbs in later rounds that make as much, if not more impact that high first round picks

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Joey bosa will be just decent-good. Too much hype. Id trade down and take Andrew Billings over hype Bosa

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
With the latest JM antics, CLE will truly be the turning point of the draft. Do they go best available in Bosa or take their choice of the QB's?

Western

Reaction score
Another scenario for Cleveland not to draft a 1st round QB:
Look at the Raiders in the 2014 draft.
Given the Browns colossal 1st round QB busts selected in recent years and public relations debacle which ensued such selections, new GM might follow the Raiders 2014 draft:
Go the conservative and safe route and select the blue-chipper Joey Bosa (Ohio connection with OSU) and then in the 2nd round draft the QB -- Connor Cook or Carson Wentz (similar to the Raiders selecting Kahlil Mack 5th and then picking Derek Carr with the 36th selection).

For Dallas, at the 4th selection, impact game-changing players with a high ceiling should be targeted ~ A QB, pass rusher, an all-world RB (Barry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, etc) or a supreme tackle to protect your franchise QB.

Jerry, go with the QB Goff.
The time is now ~ the investment and reward is worth the risk for the present as well as for the future.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There isn't a single stud DT worth a top 4 pick.

Before the arrest....he was probably the #1 prospect. Cowboys need to do their homework.
robert-nkemdiche-433496d42cbbda82.jpg

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Cleveland takes Goff. They just fired both their GM and Head Coach. New ownership and a new Coach pretty much guarantees they'll be drafting a QB with one of their first 2 picks. I see no reason why it wouldn't be Goff's career that they want to ruin.

If they pass for some reason, I expect SD to get a ton of calls from teams like San Fran and STL trying to trade up to get him.
Yes and..

My official guess for our 1st pick at this moment, 4 months away from the draft, is Myles Jack or Joey Bosa. If not, then a trade back to accumulate picks. The combine and Pro-Days could change a lot, however.

Yes. Get out of my brain!

The combine is going to jumble some stuff around as far as "value" goes, but at the end of the day, the top handful of talents are going to stay put (barring a Gregory or Lael type anomaly). I will be happy with Goff (extremely unlikely), Bosa or Jack. Outside of that, I'll be pissed if they don't/can't trade back and, instead, take an OT.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Tyron Smith never touches the ball, but he's still the best pick we could have made. Same with Martin. Plus you can find rbs in later rounds that make as much, if not more impact that high first round picks

How many games did he win for us this year?

RomoFor6

Reaction score
He's a slightly larger amari cooper , and he's telling me am I serious ? I would love to have a WR like him opposite dez . Dez needs some help . Im just not sold on Bosa as a pure pass rusher , not sure I want a QB in the 1st im going WR/DB/ LB in the 1st . Take Wentz in the 2nd .

He's nothing like Cooper actually. Cooper is the best route runner to come out in a while. Treadwell is anything but. More physical and athletic but not in the same league as cooper, completely different players

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the latest JM antics, CLE will truly be the turning point of the draft. Do they go best available in Bosa or take their choice of the QB's?

After the latest JF story to come out about him not showing up to meet with the team doctors this morning Peter King is reporting that JF is done in Cleveland.

It's hard to see any new HC or GM in cleveland wanting to take on that hot mess. I'd say he has to go.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After the latest JF story to come out about him not showing up to meet with the team doctors this morning Peter King is reporting that JF is done in Cleveland.

It's hard to see any new HC or GM in cleveland wanting to take on that hot mess. I'd say he has to go.

Rumor is he was in Vegas......Sounds like a team player all the way....NOT. Lord I hope we stay away from this cancer.:confused:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
***NOT-ALLOWED***.com is currently melting down bc they won lol.

Thats a pretty significant deal. It makes it incredibly hard for them to trade up. Before, SD could have traded down to 5 and still got Tunsil or Stanley. The 49ers could have moved up while only giving up their 2nd. Both teams are happy.

Now SD would drop below Baltimore, who could definitely use Stanley or Tunsil. Maybe Jacksonville could to, but I don't really know their needs. SF would also have to now send their 1st, 2nd and 3rd, or quite possibly a future 1st to convince the Chargers to pass on a huge need at OT. Thats also likely dropping out of the top tier of players period in this draft since its so shallow. Imo, a trade became unlikely whereas I think it was an inevitability if SF was at 5.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Guys, if Lynch and Goff are the consensus top quarterbacks and we're picking fourth, neither will be available to us, unless we move up.
Cleveland WILL take a quarterback. So will San Francisco.
So the Titans, who are rebuilding, will be in a position to make a deal with either the Browns or the Niners and get more draft picks.

With that said, I'd take Bosa. You build a team on the offensive and defensive lines. We have a high pick in the second and can move back into the first for Wentz, if he's not gone.
But I'm not going to even consider Lynch or Goff because I'm pretty certain they're not going to be there at #4.

If both QBs are gone, then either Bosa or Tunsil are left on the board.............We are guaranteed to get one of them and I would run the card up to the commish myself in this scenario. Bosa is hands down considered the best defensive player in the entire draft and Tunsil is being touted as a once a decade type of OT.