Within 4 years Eagles won a Super Bowl, rebuilt roster, now returning with new QB/HC

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh boy...

Again...the Eagles lose on Sunday it is a FAIL.

Eagles had the 12th pick last year and took a less impactful player than the guy we drafted in the 5th round.

8 players have to be resigned on their defense with no cap. 8. Their RB has to be resigned.

That is off the top of my head.
How much you want to bet Howie plays with the cap and re signs pretty much everyone.

Take the homer glasses off dude.

And no. If they win Sunday it isnt a fail. They made it further than us.

What would you consider our season then? A resounding success?

Ken

Reaction score
Which is better than 80% of the nfl in that span.

What was Dallas 2017-2021?

9-7
10-6
8-8
6-10
12-5

Same singular playoff win.

But no SB ring nor a second NFCCG to cap said run. Why is that better or more consistent or in any way preferable? It’s not luck when it’s done again and again.
Right.

Now you are understanding my point. We don't need a thread on our post telling us how great the Eagles are.

as with this year, we are very similar. They just got to step on the Giants heads while we have run into SF two years in a row.

Ken

Reaction score
How much you want to bet Howie plays with the cap and re signs pretty much everyone.

Take the homer glasses off dude.

And no. If they win Sunday it isnt a fail. They made it further than us.

What would you consider our season then? A resounding success?
I sure hope he has a plan. I don't see many options beyond converting base for Johnson and Slay...two 32 year old players.

I only briefly looked at it so there may be some more options but the Cowboys options for clearing space are obvious.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Right.

Now you are understanding my point. We don't need a thread on our post telling us how great the Eagles are.

as with this year, we are very similar. They just got to step on the Giants heads while we have run into SF two years in a row.
The consistency of those “Philly made it just slightly farther” seasons becomes a trend. Once or twice it’s luck. 7 times in NFCCG since 2000 vs 0 is far, far different than “basically the same thing with some luck involved.”

Dallas has a self-imposed ceiling that the Philly’s and the LAR’s and the SF’s are able to avoid. And maybe that can lead to lost seasons every now and then. But it’s absolutely worth it

phildadon86

Reaction score
Keep living in the past.

That 1 that you keep blatantly ignoring. We watched in the last decade.

Do you even care about Cowboys fans that werent around in the 90s that werent around for those "5" lol. You are delusional man. There is no helping fans like you.

I am a leaf fan in hockey. We havent won since 1967. I dont claim the trophies we had back in those days to support a point in 2023 that our franchise is somehow better.

How many SB wins does this FO have without Jimmy Johnson?

1 for Dallas 1 for Philly.

Get your head out of the sand.

Philly is a better run organization, and has a better FO.

Period.

Ken

Reaction score
Keep living in the past.

That 1 that you keep blatantly ignoring. We watched in the last decade.

Do you even care about Cowboys fans that werent around in the 90s that werent around for those "5" lol. You are delusional man. There is no helping fans like you.

I am a leaf fan in hockey. We havent won since 1967. I dont claim the trophies we had back in those days to support a point in 2023 that our franchise is somehow better.

How many SB wins does this FO have without Jimmy Johnson?

1 for Dallas 1 for Philly.

Get your head out of the sand.

Philly is a better run organization, and has a better FO.

Period.
Sorry for them...i saw 3 super bowls and remember them all. Actually saw us lose to the steelers in 79 and remember watching it on my Grandpa's tv strangely enough...we lost but I saw it.

Philly is a toilet....sorry if you don't think so.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sorry for them...i saw 3 super bowls and remember them all. Actually saw us lose to the steelers in 79 and remember watching it on my Grandpa's tv strangely enough...we lost but I saw it.

Philly is a toilet....sorry if you don't think so.
The city? I agree.

Their FO. Makes the Cowboys FO look like a high school football team.

Sydla

Reaction score
I try to give you some wide latitude on some of this stuff but you are kind of being silly at this point.

The Eagles are just a better run franchise than us right now. You may not like how they do it but the results clearly show whatever they are doing has been more successful than we have been since Jerry told Jimmy to pound sand.

Ken

Reaction score
I try to give you some wide latitude on some of this stuff but you are kind of being silly at this point.

The Eagles are just a better run franchise than us right now. You may not like how they do it but the results clearly show whatever they are doing has been more successful than we have been since Jerry told Jimmy to pound sand.
I am being silly, but so is this conversation.

We have to bow down to the Rams last year and now Philly this year...it is weird.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am being silly, but so is this conversation.

We have to bow down to the Rams last year and now Philly this year...it is weird.
It's not weird. You just struggle with admitting things that are pretty obvious when it means you may have to admit the Cowboys (or certain players) aren't the bestest around.

Ken

Reaction score
It's not weird. You just struggle with admitting things that are pretty obvious when it means you may have to admit the Cowboys (or certain players) aren't the bestest around.
No i struggle with the constant twisting and contorting to find new ways to bash our front office and quarterback.

If the Eagles buillt their team the way i think a team should be built then I would give them credit.

I give the 49ers credit and I hate them. I think the way they have built their team is amazing....if that was the thread title...i would be right there with them. Not the "let's cover up our mistakes and inability to draft" approach to building a team.

Ken

Reaction score
They "Drafted" AJ brown and Jordan Davis in the first last year. Added Dean.

Not a bad draft.
No they traded for Brown. Using a 1st because they knew they couldn't draft....as evidenced by Jordan Davis lack of ability to do anything other than push a player back.
Dean couldn't even get on the field this year.

Ken

Reaction score
No they traded for Brown. Using a 1st because they knew they couldn't draft....as evidenced by Jordan Davis lack of ability to do anything other than push a player back.
Also....looking at AJ Browns Contract...after this next year it gets interesting. He will count 8 mill vs their cap in 23. They have an out after 24 but 2024 has a huge base of 20 million and if they cut him (unlikely with how he is playing) it will cost them dead weight of 25 million.

So they will have to convert that to bonus and push it down the line...to an already dead of 15 and 8 in 25 and 26.

Better hope he stays at a top level these next few years...

phildadon86

Reaction score
We traded our first for Amari Cooper. It was considered a great move at the time and people like you were saying "our first round pick is Amari"

Eagles do it. And its a trade because they cant draft lol. Amazing.

They also drafted Smith.

tomokawan

Reaction score
The niners and eagles have elite coaching. They get the most out of talent. We on the other hand hire jerry's hand picked guys.

We have always have talent on this team. But JJ needs to win with his guys. Even if you wanna say MM has done a good job, kellen Moore is forced on him.

The NFL coaching matters. When Jerry brought in Bill parcells years back, Parcells didn't have the talent on this team.... but he went to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years.

Its getting the most out of your roster. If we had a Kyle Shanahan type we'd prob be playing next week.
Seriani an elite coach??? LOL