Within 4 years Eagles won a Super Bowl, rebuilt roster, now returning with new QB/HC

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Also....looking at AJ Browns Contract...after this next year it gets interesting. He will count 8 mill vs their cap in 23. They have an out after 24 but 2024 has a huge base of 20 million and if they cut him (unlikely with how he is playing) it will cost them dead weight of 25 million.

So they will have to convert that to bonus and push it down the line...to an already dead of 15 and 8 in 25 and 26.

Better hope he stays at a top level these next few years...
Or just extend him to plummet that ‘26 cap hit. Dude is only 25

Ken

Reaction score
We traded our first for Amari Cooper. It was considered a great move at the time and people like you were saying "our first round pick is Amari"

Eagles do it. And its a trade because they cant draft lol. Amazing.

They also drafted Smith.
Smith was a no brainer where he was drafted. I thank them for that because we got Micah.

Smith is damn good and probably actually better than AJ.

I say that because the Eagles have struck out so many times on drafting wr's. You know i am correct in that. The Cowboys did it because they needed one. The Eagles did it because, short of a top 8 pick...they have shown an inability to draft one and they wanted to give Hurts another weapon.

tomokawan

Reaction score
They Eagles may lose, who knows? The 49ers are stacked.

But the Eagles do not need to win on Sunday to prove that they have a better run front office compared to the Cowboys
Yes they do. Are we already moving the goal post to be right either way?

Reactions: Ken

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Do Dumb & Dumber feel any shame looking at our rival lap us like this?

When the Eagles win on Sunday, that will be 2 Super Bowls since 2018 after swapping out coaches, QB, players, offensive/defensive systems.

It will be 3 Super Bowl appearances, 7 Conference Title appearances, 16 playoff wins for the Eagles since the last time the Cowboys got out of the divisional round. My God how do these two bumbling idiots not feel any shame?!
You think they feel shame over this? No. Jerry got an illegitimate baby that was revealed. You think he's ashamed?

tomokawan

Reaction score
The Eagles are one of the NFL's winning franchises, Dallas with Jerruh is not.

That's it and that's all.
3 Superbowls to 1. Dallas is still ahead of them under Jones. They had 28 years to catch him and still have not.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The Jones Family is watching everyone blame Dak and Kellen with huge smiles. They are the masters of manipulation. They manipulate the media and the fanbase. They use the media to get the fanbase to turn on everyone but them. Do you think they aren't aware of that tweet from the official twitter account bashing Dak? That is just an example. Stuff like that hasn't happened with any other franchise in the league.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
We missed our window when dak was on his rookie deal. Now with his contract counting so much against the cap it will be tougher to get the pieces we need to take the next step IMO. It can still be done but more difficult.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
3 Superbowls to 1. Dallas is still ahead of them under Jones. They had 28 years to catch him and still have not

3 Superbowls to 1. Dallas is still ahead of them under Jones. They had 28 years to catch him and still have not.
This isn't the own you think it is. The fact that after 28 years, they could easily half that in the next 5 says a lot about what the Jones family has done to this franchise.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
They do a great job fixing their blunders.

They make a lot of them too. While we draft ceedee lamb...they take Reagor instead of Jefferson. They "fix" it by sending a #1 for AJ Brown which is great short term benefit but it screws you later because the idea is to hit on those picks because you have cheap high quality players for longer. Now they had to dole out a huge contract for Brown and, luckily, it worked great for them. There is a risk making those trades, it worked for them in this instance but that was a direct result of them failing at the draft.

They take Jordan Davis at 13 and the guy literally made 0 impact this year and doesn't look like he has much upside to me.

We take a stud OL in the 20s....

The list goes on.
I think you need to go read about Jordan Davis. Living in S. Jersey I got a ton of Eagles news and he had a huge impact on stopping the run. He will never be a big stat guy but he is EXACTLY the perfect player for us. They are really high on him and the difference in their run stopping stats were night a day when he was out. That's not excusing them for the busts and mediocre drafting but I'd be pumped if we had him. He's a tremendous force in the middle. He does need to lose weight though

Ken

Reaction score
I think you need to go read about Jordan Davis. Living in S. Jersey I got a ton of Eagles news and he had a huge impact on stopping the run. He will never be a big stat guy but he is EXACTLY the perfect player for us. They are really high on him and the difference in their run stopping stats were night a day when he was out. That's not excusing them for the busts and mediocre drafting but I'd be pumped if we had him. He's a tremendous force in the middle. He does need to lose weight though
Ya i keep hearing that.

I watch him and he is a nose guard. Nothing more, nothing less. He would be perfect in Dallas and perfect if he wasn't taken at 13.

The problem is everyone making him out to be the next Reggie White. He will never be that or anywhere close to it, imo.

He is what he is, a huge man who can run but has not pass rush moves.

tomokawan

Reaction score
This isn't the own you think it is. The fact that after 28 years, they could easily half that in the next 5 says a lot about what the Jones family has done to this franchise.
Could easily half that. LOL makes no sense. We are talking about now. Not 5 years from now. Reading is fundamental.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Ya i keep hearing that.

I watch him and he is a nose guard. Nothing more, nothing less. He would be perfect in Dallas and perfect if he wasn't taken at 13.

The problem is everyone making him out to be the next Reggie White. He will never be that or anywhere close to it, imo.

He is what he is, a huge man who can run but has not pass rush moves.
His role isn't to be Reggie White. He's just a giant run stopping NT which is super important. I'm guessing their strategy is to have huge run stoppers in the middle and smaller fast ends to rush the passer. Time will tell if he was worth the 13th pick but I'm so relieved the Saints won a few more games cause I was worried Philly would land Will Anderson (DE Alabama).

Dakota

Reaction score
His role isn't to be Reggie White. He's just a giant run stopping NT which is super important. I'm guessing their strategy is to have huge run stoppers in the middle and smaller fast ends to rush the passer. Time will tell if he was worth the 13th pick but I'm so relieved the Saints won a few more games cause I was worried Philly would land Will Anderson (DE Alabama).
Well they have 2 first round pics. They could trade up. This is not Roseman's first rodeo. Just saying...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do Dumb & Dumber feel any shame looking at our rival lap us like this?

When the Eagles win on Sunday, that will be 2 Super Bowls since 2018 after swapping out coaches, QB, players, offensive/defensive systems.

It will be 3 Super Bowl appearances, 7 Conference Title appearances, 16 playoff wins for the Eagles since the last time the Cowboys got out of the divisional round. My God how do these two bumbling idiots not feel any shame?!
No they don't.

They will say they saved money moving on from collins, cooper, and got more production than what randy would have given them. They would say things like the offense was still highly productive for most of the year. They can point to Tampa in the playoffs and say dak had 4 TD's in a playoff game they won. And all of this is true, they look at the bright side while ignoring how they could have absolutely gotten better, done things better etc.

Dakota

Reaction score
Again....they lose on Sunday and the only thing they accomplished was beating the Giants 3 times.

Then they have a lot of work to do to get their roster back intact.

Great.. them and about a dozen other teams can claim they had more front office success than Dallas over the last 20 years.
Well, front office and post season success.