Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
for those happy with being relevant
for HANGING AROUND THE RIM

Now I know even if there was a no trade clause we could not trade him with that contract. So we are stuck with him.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Because of Dak this roster aint getting no better!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And you say this b/c he carved up the Ravens prevent defense or b/c of what he has done previously with a lot more talent around him?

AstroPilota

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB, not a great QB. There are only a couple of those in the league on any given year. Many good QB's have won Super Bowls, many great ones have not, so many here are wrong to blame the Cowboys lack of overall sucess on him without including the rest of the team.

But yeah, he's pretty much our offense right now, he will only be able to do so much.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Well, the Vikings moved on from kirk Cousins after last season because they realized he's just not good enough to lead the Vikings to a championship and they're off to a 3-0 start, yet the Cowboys after 9 years of watching Dak, overpaid a very average limited skilled quarterback who just isn't good enough to elevate the players around him and lead this team to a Championship........

Dak is one problem, on a team full of problems, but this is an average team talent wise at best, the tackle play has been terrible on offense, the running game is trash, Zeke should be cut, the Oline coach Solari should be fired, the D-line is absolute garbage, Mazi is not good at all, Wilson can't play in space at safety. The pouting of players on the field and on the sidelines and run out of the locker room after games without answering reporters questions show me that this team is weak minded and thin skinned, if you're going to talk the talk every week leading up to games, then stand there and take questions after a game when you fail to show up once again..

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This roster stands no chance with Dak as the QB as well. No roster stands a chance with this QB. And now that he got that stupid contract, the roster will only get worse. When you pay a QB that kind of money, he has to be able to make up for roster shortcomings and Dak has not, is not and never will be that guy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was waiting for the boo birds and .. We Want Trey .. chants to start ......in the 1st half or so ....:muttley::popcorn:

I am not taking what happened in the last 22 minutes as a sign that all is good moving forward.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you say this b/c he carved up the Ravens prevent defense or b/c of what he has done previously with a lot more talent around him?
That’s another argument in previous seasons .

All I know is without an above average type QB like Dak this roster had no chance of a comeback yesterday.

And most likely without a running game and or rushing defense have no chance without our QB and passing game .

That doesn’t mean he’s great, etc but it is what it is. Without him we absolutely have no chance with this roster.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The way I look at it this team would be 1-2 no matter who the QB is. Honestly last year we probably win 10 games with any starting caliber QB. We idolize the position way to much and ultimately it comes down to all 11 players on the field executing. Just look around the league at teams with cheap QBs....a lot of them in 1st place in their divisions right now, meanwhile Dallas, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Miami, etc all have losing records early on.