Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Ravens are notorious for giving up 4th quarter leads. They celebrate too early but thats not a feather in our cap. I'm not so sure Lance couldnt have given the team more offense in the first 3 quarters before the game was pretty much out of reach. At least he can run when nobody is open.
They gave up a 10 point lead last week but I’m not familiar with they are notorious .

Without an above average QB this is a bottom tier roster.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The way I look at it this team would be 1-2 no matter who the QB is. Honestly last year we probably win 10 games with any starting caliber QB. We idolize the position way to much and ultimately it comes down to all 11 players on the field executing. Just look around the league at teams with cheap QBs....a lot of them in 1st place in their divisions right now, meanwhile Dallas, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Miami, etc all have losing records early on.
this 100%

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Do you people not understand...math?

I'll say it again, they have $24m in cap space right now. They could have had it in April if they wanted, and signed anybody.

They could have signed Christian Wilkins (10.3), Calvin Ridley (10), and Derrick Henry (5.1) instead of Zeke with the cap space they currently have.
facts have no place in the Dak war you know this...its Dak's fault Jerry doesnt build a team right has been since 1996 when Dak was in grade school....

Steve007

Reaction score
Do you people not understand...math?

I'll say it again, they have $24m in cap space right now. They could have had it in April if they wanted, and signed anybody.

They could have signed Christian Wilkins (10.3), Calvin Ridley (10), and Derrick Henry (5.1) instead of Zeke with the cap space they currently have.
Next year Dak's cap hit is 90 million. Lambs cap next year is 35 million. Next is Parsons contract.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jones had over 100 yards rushing with a 5.4 avg. They held the Texans to 38 yards rushing, 12 of which was by Stroud. This is a horrible comparison Redsfan.
No my friend it's spot on with what my point is. The Vikes walked away from the Cousins contract last year and signed Jones for $7 Million and Darnold for $10—money well spent. The only thing is that fixing things would not be so easy because we couldn't wipe the slate clean of Dak's money owed to him if we let him walk. This was another mistake Jerry made and gave Dak the leverage to get his next contract. Jerry could have done the 2 deals early and sign Jones/Henry, fix the D. He did what well...he does

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah thats the other part of the equation that is frustrating.....Jerry's philosophy in building out the rest of the team. Ownership is the root of the problem, but that's a problem that wont be changing anytime soon.
True . But our handicaps with our ownership has to be considered when we are evaluating our situation.

I’d argue it’s why he was willing to over pay an average to above average QB. Cause he felt he’d be able to keep afloat a lesser roster with its current weakness.

And we must remember he likes this roster. He likes our DL and RB’s . We can’t make this crap up. This is what he tells us and it must become part of the equation.

kevm3

Reaction score
The biggest flaw of this team has always been the FO. This team has been failing for nearly as long as Dak has been alive.

Derek Henry WANTED to come here, but our FO brags about not even reaching out to him... then he destroy us. You don't think the passing game would open up if we had an actual running threat? Instead we make our RB2 from last year a starter, bring back a guy we cut because he was underperforming and we have a microback who we run up the middle.

There's zero accountability and zero cohesion in terms of creating a team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Steve007

Reaction score
They were able to resign Lamb. And they can draft a RB, which they should have this year, and pursue more support thru draft.

Other franchises have been able to build top 5 defenses and market price QB’s
Dak was paid the highest contract in NFL history not market value. His contract is bad for the Cowboys. The Viking Let Cousins go and signed Darnold. So far it looks like a good move. Cousins like Dak isn't leading their team anywhere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak was paid the highest contract in NFL history not market value. His contract is bad for the Cowboys. The Viking Let Cousins go and signed Darnold. So far it looks like a good move. Cousins like Dak isn't leading their team anywhere.
That’s considered Market Value. It was only 5 million more than other contracts this offseason. And I suspect it will be surpassed next year by other QB’s.

Regardless it’s what our owner believed in. He actually thinks Dak is Elite, likes our RB’s, DL, etc.

And so far it looks like a good move in Minn but they have a better defense too. Same in Pittsburg with a better defense.

But on the other side we see other Franchise QB’s with no more success than Prescott being paid Market Price . Some teams which are off to no better starts this season. It’s reality in the NFL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL.....With Dak the Cowboys have no chance of a comeback against better teams. With Daks cap hit the next few years they wont be able to get elite talent and Dak needs elite talent around him.
Wake up. They’ve got $24 million in cap space that they could’ve had if they had extended Dak and Lamb earlier. Do your research before inserting foot in mouth.

Steve007

Reaction score
That’s considered Market Value. It was only 5 million more than other contracts this offseason. And I suspect it will be surpassed next year by other QB’s.

Regardless it’s what our owner believed in. He actually thinks Dak is Elite, likes our RB’s, DL, etc.

And so far it looks like a good move in Minn but they have a better defense too. Same in Pittsburg with a better defense.

But on the other side we see other Franchise QB’s with no more success than Prescott being paid Market Price . Some teams which are off to no better starts this season. It’s reality in the NFL.
The highest contract in NFL history is above market value for a tier 2 QB. The Vikings and steelers are playing better defense. The Cowboys would be better off paying for a better defense and getting a cheaper QB like the Vikings.

visionary

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.
With Dak this roster doesn’t have a chance

Steve007

Reaction score
Wake up. They’ve got $24 million in cap space that they could’ve had if they had extended Dak and Lamb earlier. Do your research before inserting foot in mouth.
Next year 90 million cap hit for a tier 2 QB.