Without Zeke, Chris Jones becomes a critical player MERGE

morat1959

Reaction score
Until the return of Zeke, expect to see a LOT of Chris Jones out there.

Since a lot of drives will be three-and-out and similar, and the Cowboys will still have one of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL, it's imperative that Chris Jones has to have a great season doing his job, at least until/if Zeke comes back.

Agreed?
How can anyone disagree with this? They’ve showed nothing in the preseason to prove otherwise or in seasons past without Zeke. Our OC is an unproven and not that it matters but our QB coach has no track record. Your statement is dead on. Anyone who argues against it is a homer and drinks too much of the Jones koolaid.

morat1959

Reaction score
Moore is a better OC than Linehan, but none of us lived under a rock in the heart of the 2017 regular season. Three straight games without Zeke, the Cowboys scored in single digits for the whole game. 7, 9, and 6..... total stinkers. Two of those were at home. With the OL starting the season already somewhat banged up, a bottom-15 starting QB in tow, iffiness at TE and albeit a solid (upper half) receiving corps, the offense will struggle to move the ball and score.
I agree with all but Moore is a better OC. I hope he is but we have no way of knowing yet. I still say the offense has been dumbed down for Dak since he’s been here. Teams know his strengths now. He will not adapt. What you see is what you get.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How can anyone disagree with this? They’ve showed nothing in the preseason to prove otherwise or in seasons past without Zeke. Our OC is an unproven and not that it matters but our QB coach has no track record. Your statement is dead on. Anyone who argues against it is a homer and drinks too much of the Jones koolaid.
Lol

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If no Zeke... then deal. And 20 exactly and I stay and you honor me. Anything more and I leave for a month
Leave for 5 years and I'll take that one.
Honoring you would be funny. I've already got my Roast ready.

GenoT

Reaction score

38elhs.jpg

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Since a lot of drives will be three-and-out and similar, and the Cowboys will still have one of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL, it's imperative that Chris Jones has to have a great season doing his job, at least until/if Zeke comes back.

Agreed?

Lol! Pollards 4.38 speed, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Smith, Jarwin...all are laughing at you for insulting their impact.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
In the seven games without Zeke in 2017, and end of 2018 the Cowboys punted:
3 times

For an average of a little less than 4 punts per game. 3.86 ppg to be almost exact

In 2017 Chris Jones averaged 4.125 points per game. So I guess he becomes less of a critical player without Zeke in the lineup.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Agreed?
No troll.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Cowboys and Eagles both rock.

Cowboys LBs >>>>>>>> Eagles LBs

But Pederson and Wentz >>>>> Garrett and Prescott. Anything else is laughable.

Wentz DOESN'T do one thing better than Dak. Unless always being injured and choking in 4th quarters is great by your standards.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So... should we go with "ewok boy", or "feed me boy"? Or "great one"?
I'd like this consolidated for simplicity's sake.
Well he is referred to under about 10 names!
I think elliott would prefer "great one". I kinda like "feed me boy"