Without Zeke, Chris Jones becomes a critical player MERGE

Johnny23

Reaction score
I don't join the Mile High club with Gregory, Lawrence, Irving etc. Sorry bro
That is the crack rock club with LT,Cris Carter,and Dexter Manley you're in right now bud. That's a crack pipe.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Until the return of Zeke, expect to see a LOT of Chris Jones out there.

Since a lot of drives will be three-and-out and similar, and the Cowboys will still have one of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL, it's imperative that Chris Jones has to have a great season doing his job, at least until/if Zeke comes back.

Agreed?

Lmao..

Cmac

Reaction score
If Zeke misses the opener the Dak haters have their narrative already set up for them.

Cowboys win: "It was only the Giants".

Cowboys lose: "Dak sucks and needs Zeke to win".
The numbers and film will tell the story.....if Dak plays well let's applaud him.....if Dak doesn't, let's not make excuses for him either.

Eanwen

Reaction score
How can anyone disagree with this? They’ve showed nothing in the preseason to prove otherwise or in seasons past without Zeke. Our OC is an unproven and not that it matters but our QB coach has no track record. Your statement is dead on. Anyone who argues against it is a homer and drinks too much of the Jones koolaid.

Seems a bit silly to claim these things as truth/facts when there's so many moving parts.

As far as the preseason is concerned the Cowboys starters scored on 3 of 4 possessions this preseason. (not that I think it matters much)

"Seasons past w/o Zeke" is a bit of an exaggeration, yes? Last year in the only game w/o Zeke Cowboys beat the Giants and put up 30+ points.

Yes Moore, to our knowledge, as never called an entire NFL game before. Does that mean it's necessarily true that the Cowboys are going to have trouble converting on third downs? Of course not. It could be true but we don't know for sure. It could also be true that the Cowboys convert third downs at a higher rate, Zeke or no Zeke. It could also be true that there's no change.

Scotman

Reaction score
The most important people, if Zeke continues this nonsense into the season, are on the sidelines.

Without help from the sidelines, I'm not sure what's going on on the field will even matter. More than ever we are going to need them to make the game worth watching.

Without Zeke, the only people that are going to matter are the cheerleaders.

/s

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
source.gif

I think our offence will be just fine without Zeke. Obviously, Zeke's a great player, but our team will survive without him. I think we will win with or without Zeke.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Moore is a better OC than Linehan, but none of us lived under a rock in the heart of the 2017 regular season. Three straight games without Zeke, the Cowboys scored in single digits for the whole game. 7, 9, and 6..... total stinkers. Two of those were at home. With the OL starting the season already somewhat banged up, a bottom-15 starting QB in tow, iffiness at TE and albeit a solid (upper half) receiving corps, the offense will struggle to move the ball and score.

The reason for that was Linehan running plays that are predictable and too easy to defend against. Can't blame everything on Dak when he has to deal with an inept playcaller like Linehan. I think having Moore adds a new wrinkle to our offense and Dak we will more points on the board because of it.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Moore is a better OC than Linehan, but none of us lived under a rock in the heart of the 2017 regular season. Three straight games without Zeke, the Cowboys scored in single digits for the whole game. 7, 9, and 6..... total stinkers. Two of those were at home. With the OL starting the season already somewhat banged up, a bottom-15 starting QB in tow, iffiness at TE and albeit a solid (upper half) receiving corps, the offense will struggle to move the ball and score.
This wasn't just Zeke being gone...we were missing multiple all-pros including one of the most important offensive positions our LT. This "stretch" everyone refers to constantly included a lot more than just Zeke being gone. Don't forget Dak also had arguably the worst WR corp in the NFL even with Dez Bryant. I can't stand when people reference this "stretch" as if it's indicative of anything whatsoever that's relevant now.

Altestic

Reaction score
This wasn't just Zeke being gone...we were missing multiple all-pros including one of the most important offensive positions our LT. This "stretch" everyone refers to constantly included a lot more than just Zeke being gone. Don't forget Dak also had arguably the worst WR corp in the NFL even with Dez Bryant. I can't stand when people reference this "stretch" as if it's indicative of anything whatsoever that's relevant now.
Even with all that, no way a QB like Luck, Mahomes, Wentz, Brady, Rodgers, Brees ever scores that few points?

It's indicative of our QB more than anything

Altestic

Reaction score
Lol! Pollards 4.38 speed, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Smith, Jarwin...all are laughing at you for insulting their impact.
4.38 speed... yeah, he's a scatback. He's the type of back who will get a 20 yarder on the outside because of great blocking but the majority of time will be stopped quickly because the moment a defender is there he can't run through a tackle like a normal back would.

I like Cooper and Gallup

Not sure what Cobb has left

Austin... lol worthy

I think Smith is a solid backup. Not sure Jarwin is anything better than average, but I respect that you didn't put Witten.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
they be in love with the ewok boy. If elliott started a aliens are coming we have to prepare cult ........they would all sign up to be with the
great one, aka feed me boy.
And, I didn't know you could rip it wide in the hilarious dept. either, cuz' that's got me roflmao:lmao:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Eanwen

Reaction score
Both 1 possession games lol. Either could have been flipped with the flip of a coin.

Sure but if one team had a vastly superior coaching and qb, you'd think that team would be the one to sweep.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Until the return of Zeke, expect to see a LOT of Chris Jones out there.

Since a lot of drives will be three-and-out and similar, and the Cowboys will still have one of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL, it's imperative that Chris Jones has to have a great season doing his job, at least until/if Zeke comes back.

Agreed?

You’re just another fan showing their lack of confidence in Dak. If anything we’ll be seeing more of Maher than Chris Jones. By the way I wouldn’t be putting our defense in the top 3-5 just yet. I’m not going to be sold on this defense until it shows up in the playoffs. If we struggle running the ball our defense is likely to be on the field a lot which could cause us to struggle defensively.

Altestic

Reaction score
You’re just another fan showing their lack of confidence in Dak. If anything we’ll be seeing more of Maher than Chris Jones. By the way I wouldn’t be putting our defense in the top 3-5 just yet. I’m not going to be sold on this defense until it shows up in the playoffs. If we struggle running the ball our defense is going to be on the field a lot.
Absolutely true as well. Not discounting that. Goal-to-go situations, no Zeke so Garrett will call more fades, back-shoulder throws and things of that nature.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Both 1 possession games lol. Either could have been flipped with the flip of a coin.
I wouldn't say both of 'em could've been a coin toss landing yer's or our way, that one in o.t. was,when we took it to across the goal line,,, man, you just can't slough off in the " this game's a gimme" horse w/ blinders on view ,when it comes to division rival match ups, the Gnats have battled us belly to belly /belt buckle close ever since #9 went away ( they really were the gnats ,when Romo was flying the plane),why, in 2016? When they'd swept us? There were goomer trolls{just like you} posting & gloating over here,,,Tooo_O

Altestic

Reaction score
I wouldn't say both of 'em could've been a coin toss landing yer's or our way, that one in o.t. was,when we took it to across the goal line,,, man, you just can't slough off in the " this game's a gimme" horse w/ blinders on view ,when it comes to division rival match ups, the Gnats have battled us belly to belly /belt buckle close ever since #9 went away ( they really were the gnats ,when Romo was flying the plane),why, in 2016? When they'd swept us? There were goomer trolls{just like you} posting & gloating over here,,,Tooo_O
Yes I strongly dislike the Gnats but I did root for them when they beat the Patriots twice, that's it. And whenever they play Green Bay, can't stand that franchise.

Both the Cowboys and Eagles' offenses were on fire in the second half of the second meeting last year. Cowboys won the coin toss, bled the clock and scored a TD. Eagles likely would have won it on a TD if they'd won the coin toss as well. Just like the Chiefs in the AFCCG last year. **** happens.