Witten’s sideline rant last night

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy...he is clearly a shell of his former self but he plays his heart out. I think he suspects most players on this team don’t care.

Yep, D-law was trying to show Witt a picture of his new Labo and Jaylon is over there dancing for the cameras and peddling his cheap arse sunglasses, and Zeke trades jerseys with the other team's RB and writes on the back of it "go get your bag of $$$" all while the team is 3 scores down.

:facepalm:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
IMG-0040-2.jpg

He looks like a car salesman.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
The funny thing is, Witten is still more athletic than any of the losers on here sitting on their couch trashing him. :laugh:

DStar22

Reaction score
all I know i that witten got a few of the small amount of first downs they had in the game.
The last drive of the game Witten was catching 4 yard passes over the middle of the field in garbage time.

at least he was able to catch something. if ANYONE else had caught something BEFORE then we might have had a chance to win.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'd laugh and ignore him, too. He's a clown. He came crawling back to Jerry because he's the only fool who would sign him again. $5mill for this scrub? He has no voice on this team. He's a teacher's pet who can come and go as he pleases and not have to work for his roster spot or playing time. I hope no one respects him. He's stealing money, too.

He's not a clown.

dfense

Reaction score
Gonzalez and Gronk are both better in my mind because they could stretch the field. Witten could only stretch a rubber band.
Gonzalez was basketball player athletic. Gronk, probably the best pass catching TE ever. Neither were complete TE's as far as blocking goes. They were WRs with size and speed.

And I'd argue Antonio Gates was better in every category than Gronk. Either way, you completely discount Witten's total career because why? Blake Jarwin will be so much better?

Witten weighs 30 pounds more than Jarwin. He blocks better.

Witten ran a 4.67 40 when tested in 2017. Slower than his combine 4.65 in 2003.

Jarwin ran a 4.72 and 4.69 at his combine.
:eek:

jnday

Reaction score
All of these cheap shots at Witten, but everybody seems to forget that TE was high on the draft list until Witten came back. Jarwin could not do the job when he had a chance because he is a situational player instead of an every down TE. Witten has certainly slowed down, but Jarwin still is not starter quality.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
He said he was trying to fire everybody up, but most players just laughed and ignored him.

They told Witt, “relax bro, we all getting game checks no matter what the scoreboard says”

Witt then told them all they were a bunch of losers.

So they treated him the same way they do Jason Garrett?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
He said he was trying to fire everybody up, but most players just laughed and ignored him.

They told Witt, “relax bro, we all getting game checks no matter what the scoreboard says”

Witt then told them all they were a bunch of losers.

Nope they told him to stop dropping passes and always falling short of the 1st yard markers. What a ball hog.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yes.

In their schemes they were pass catches mostly.

Witten was asked to block a ton.

Still is. So to me he was better for us.

Plus look how long he has played. Incredible.

Opinions differ.
Is there any where we can link …..selfish. He got a pass for going to Cabo with TRomo during a playoff drive....him trying to calm Dez down and now he's ranting on the sidelines.....he's has to be looking at film like everybody else...….I suspect he's chasing Dez TD record.........C'mon Man!