8th in catches
14th in yrds
Tied for 8th in TDs
And one of the best blocking Tes in the NFL

Not too shabby for somebody who is supposedly washed up

13th in targets per game
10th in receptions per game
19th in yards per game
His longest reception was 33 yards (35th among tight ends)
11 TEs scored more TDs
Witten averaged 8.5 yards per catch, Jarwin averaged 11.8 ypc.

Not sure where you got your numbers but here's where I got mine.

https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't mind Witten, but God damnit, catch the damn ball.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you diss Witt, you suck....how can anyone with half a brain diss a guy like this? If you think he plays to much, that on the coaches, not him. If you don't understand that go back to your marching band practice.

visionary

Reaction score
If you diss Witt, you suck....how can anyone with half a brain diss a guy like this? If you think he plays to much, that on the coaches, not him. If you don't understand that go back to your marching band practice.

not dissing him, respect him and Lee the most on this team but he should not be on the team next year

we need a true difference maker at TE next year

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just be the last game you can pull yourself out. Should have split reps all year..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The guy has given his all to the Cowboys. It sucks that he won't win a title here. Wasted his career under an incompetent coach.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
13th in targets per game
10th in receptions per game
19th in yards per game
His longest reception was 33 yards (35th among tight ends)
11 TEs scored more TDs
Witten averaged 8.5 yards per catch, Jarwin averaged 11.8 ypc.

Not sure where you got your numbers but here's where I got mine.

https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/
nfl.com i went under posistions for TE why am i going to compare his stats to WRs? Lets be honest. Jarwin did start last yr and played in 16 games he had 26 rec 307 yrds.

Cmac

Reaction score
He is not a bad player to have around but he definitely needs to be a rotational player not a starter he still has some greatness in him but we need a tight end that can stretch the field a little bit better
….let that go.....Witt was never part of being a rotational player from Day 1, and it was obvious. Expect Witt to hog the snaps on Sunday just to break Dez's TD record.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Witten needs to play somewhere else then. If you want Witten playing in DAL you part of the problem. Shouldn't be run for no 5.0 flat 40 yard dash, catch n fall or no catch at all TE.

Guarantee if they bring him back and he starts the 2020 Cowboys will suck.

Jarwin all day. Don't want to hear about blocking when #82 ain't even average. Also, Emmitt Smith got a lot of years with Novacek blocking for him...just saying.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Everyone has a certain time when it's best to face the facts and accept their limitations. Whether JW is prepared to face that fact at this point or not, it would seem to me that it's likely about time for the staff to help him along. I'd be surprised if a TE selection isn't one of the targets in the upcoming draft, although there will certainly be other considerations just as important. Let's hope the staff does what's best for the team, first and foremost.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
He is not a bad player to have around but he definitely needs to be a rotational player not a starter he still has some greatness in him but we need a tight end that can stretch the field a little bit better

The problem is...if he's a Cowboy, he'll be playing...even if he's no longer the best player at the position. He said going into this season that he was going to do what's best for the team and not take away from the younger guys... how'd that work out? How many snaps has he taken compared to the other TE's? No... Jerry loves him some Witten and wants him in regardless of ability.

superonyx

Reaction score
You have to look at the big picture, nobody is saying Jarwin is the end all be all - but if he can be a good receiving TE with decent blocking - and if we can sign him for a very reasonable price, thats a win.

Or do we not know what we have - let him go and have to draft a TE high in the draft - have we not already invested heavily into the offense......4 - very highly paid O-linemen and a 2nd rounder, a RB and soon to be QB and WR.

Thats about 8 out of the 11 starters....defense needs a ton of help, I'd rather keep a good/solid TE at reasonable price and invest in the D.
I feel like you want to argue so you are pretending what my position is instead of asking or reading my response.

I like Jarwin. I am not saying to get rid of Jarwin. If you want to debate Witten OR Jarwin then do that and find someone who is on the opposite side you are on. I'm not that guy.
I am saying we bring Witten back AND Jarwin......wow......mind blowing idea huh?

Who gets more targets and snaps is up to the coaching staff they bring in. Why get rid of Witten and have Jarwin and Schultz? Only 1 guy has even shown potential at all.

Proof

Reaction score
As has daks, elliots, coopers, gallups, cobbs...is it really every player suddenly trash or could it be these coaches arent using them to their strengths as all have said directly or indirectly.

nah. Not similar because all of them have flashed.
Witten has been veritable trash outside of a circus catch.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
******t :banghead:....we will never get a decent blocker in here as long as he keeps hogging up a roster spot.

Would be kind of funny seeing him in another uniform....

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I hope it is, you look like you are running in sand and get tackled by guys you outweigh by 50lbs. Thank you for your service, but just go away.

quickccc

Reaction score

He has a coach's mentality but physically he so slows the offense, and too much more of an liability limitations than an access imo. but because Witten is popular as an all time Cowboys players, people (including Garrett and Jones) have had issues letting go.

His ever declining blocking limits the run game on the edges, and makes it tougher to get outside or bounce runs, and his area is a 5-8 yrd area. He cant
make the middle deep seam routes, and when you see around the league with what the likes of George Little, Mark Andrews, Dallas Goebert, Jared Cook, etc. are bringing that speed and big play movement into their offenses, and then we see Witten ever lumbering and barely churning - its really painful to watch Witten in this offense, .... we need both new blood coaches, scouts and Jones to make the decision to tell " GOAT" goodbye and thanks for the memories, ..

forget this " rotation" limited snaps, that can be saved and reserved for new meat, and young blood, ..and TE we really do need to totally revamp that position that has been a real sore spot for ages now.