Witten: I do not envision this being my last game

sean10mm

Reaction score
A quality reporter should have asked Jason honestly if he thinks Jarwin should get more of his snaps.

He's been absolutely terrible down the stretch. I hope the team has the cajones to walk away finally.

It's not on players to decide who plays, it's on coaches. Blaming a player for thinking they can play is asinine.

bark

Reaction score
I’d game plan the crap outta Witt this week.
Get him 2 td’s and that might help him ride off into the sunset

stinkface

Reaction score
Douglas Macarthur "Old soldiers don't die, they just fade away".

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time for sweeping changes which includes team speed which means, yes, this is your last game Favre, I mean Witten.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
as much as people like to say hes washed up

8th in catches
14th in yrds
Tied for 8th in TDs
And one of the best blocking Tes in the NFL

Not too shabby for somebody who is supposedly washed up

Best blocking TE? People make this up because he can barely move, I guess. So he goes from being an average to below average blocker his entire career to the best one year removed from retirement? He stinks as a blocker now.

Cmac

Reaction score
I tried to "like" it twice bit it wouldn't let me. This type of stuff is the root of the problem, keeping people around for sentimental reasons. Emmitt Smith got cut but Witten can stay as long as he wants? Really.
Let me help you.....Witt is selfish and that leadership talk about him is #$#@$#.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten is easilly one of our top 2 TE's. So, until we sign somebody better or spend a premium draft pick on a TE, why not let him stay for the vet minimum? I think what most of you object to is his pass catching roll in the offense. But the truth is that he's just a safety outlet for Dak who struggles making accurate throws downfield.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
giphy.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me help you.....Witt is selfish and that leadership talk about him is #$#@$#.
Leadership isn’t just playing the active mentor role. Teammates have always praised Witten for being the role model for dedication and preparation. Even after Murray left, his advice was to watch Witten and do what he does.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- Closing in on finishing his 16th season and playing the 255th game of his career with the Dallas Cowboys, Jason Witten acknowledged that Sunday's contest against the Washington Commanders could be his last.

"Sure, it's a possibility," Witten said. "I'm aware of that, but really, one of the things when I came back to play I was committed to going out there and playing every game and opportunity. So fortunate to do it. There will be time to make that decision, but I do not envision this being my last game."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...season?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true
I love Witten, but he needs to envision it.
He is too slow to be a starter, and is blocking younger players progress.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As long as it is his
last game as a Cowboy....go in Peace.

why?

his stats are good.

catch percentage is 74. 3 points higher than his career avg.

has 4 TDS. Yards and catches are down, but not a lot.

don’t get the #WittenHate from some of you.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Witten is a Cowboys legend and future HOFer, but anyone rooting for him to come back next year and play a prominent role is either crazy or caught up in nostalgia

nah.

I look at the stats.

they say. ......Starter.

just more #WittenHate