Witten: I do not envision this being my last game

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I love Witten, but dam, its just sad watching him out there playing now days.

He is just of shell of what he was in his prime.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Hope we have a new coach that won't play this "i'm your best friend" or "your a premium pick we gotta keep you" . Will do **** like

1. Tell Witten to get loss or sign for a lower dollar amount and be a rotational peice
2. Tell crawford I don't care if Jerrys your friend where not paying you 6 million, we can upgrade both DT spots for that amount (cut him which they should of done THIS year)
3. Tell Williams "I don't give a crap if you where a top 50 picks, if McGovern outplays you your on the bench and where even gonna bring another guard in training camp to battle for the spot"
4. Tell the whole secondary to clean the toilets in the locker room

CB61

Reaction score
….let that go.....Witt was never part of being a rotational player from Day 1, and it was obvious. Expect Witt to hog the snaps on Sunday just to break Dez's TD record.
We can always hope

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- Closing in on finishing his 16th season and playing the 255th game of his career with the Dallas Cowboys, Jason Witten acknowledged that Sunday's contest against the Washington Commanders could be his last.

"Sure, it's a possibility," Witten said. "I'm aware of that, but really, one of the things when I came back to play I was committed to going out there and playing every game and opportunity. So fortunate to do it. There will be time to make that decision, but I do not envision this being my last game."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...season?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Naw, yer finished, fat boy. Dont let the gilded cowboys door hit yer big butt on the way out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t get the Witten hate at all. He’s still a capable player and has been perfectly solid this season. He just is in a point in his career where he can be upgraded at any point.

nobody

Reaction score
Don’t get the Witten hate at all. He’s still a capable player and has been perfectly solid this season. He just is in a point in his career where he can be upgraded at any point.

I don't blame him for wanting to play, and he's a decent player still, but there are better on the roster now. I blame the coaches and Jerry for allowing him to take so many snaps and not being forced to be rotated in and out like he should be.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't blame him for wanting to play, and he's a decent player still, but there are better on the roster now. I blame the coaches and Jerry for allowing him to take so many snaps and not being forced to be rotated in and out like he should be.

Better receiving TEs at least. And probably better options with other personnel groupings. But as you say, Witten still plays at a high enough level to deserve a roster spot and some regular snaps. Given what he’s meant to the franchise, he doesn’t deserve the disrespect he gets from a lot of our fans.

birdwells1

Reaction score
….let that go.....Witt was never part of being a rotational player from Day 1, and it was obvious. Expect Witt to hog the snaps on Sunday just to break Dez's TD record.

I tried to "like" it twice bit it wouldn't let me. This type of stuff is the root of the problem, keeping people around for sentimental reasons. Emmitt Smith got cut but Witten can stay as long as he wants? Really.

birdwells1

Reaction score

Well that's what needs to happen, the Cowboys of the last 20 years or so should not have sacred cows. The 90s team could have them because they delivered the goods, put it this way TOM BRADY is wondering where he's going to play next year but Witten gets to decide if he'll be back or not. Think about that, just shows you the difference in the two organizations.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I think all the Cowboys players who played their entire careers in the futility era (1997-present) get an extra share of disrespect from the fans, whether they individually deserve it or not.

Witten's slow career wind-down wouldn't be harped on so much by fans if he didn't have the stink of the worthless Phillips-Garrett Era hanging over the bulk of his career. He's basically done everything one guy can plausibly do for his team during that period, but he'll always be tainted in people's eyes because of the teams he was on and the coaches he played for.

The best thing that ever happened to DeMarcus Ware's legacy was being cut by the Cowboys, so he could go to Denver and have a great Super Bowl run and get a ring, proving that the loser stink wasn't on him. It might have punched his ticket to the Hall of Fame.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no problem with him being back, but he needs to fade out some - maybe 40-50% of snaps instead of 75%

mmohican29

Reaction score
A quality reporter should have asked Jason honestly if he thinks Jarwin should get more of his snaps.

He's been absolutely terrible down the stretch. I hope the team has the cajones to walk away finally.