Twitter: Witten in the Cowboys Coaching Mix

links18

Reaction score
How?

When has Jerry ever hired a HC with no prior coaching experience?

That's not how its a total Jerry move. Its a total Jerry move, because he is someone familiar and comfortable, i.e. Switzer, Campo, Garrett, Moore, etc.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How I feel after reading this

giphy.gif

kevm3

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised. Garrett gets promoted as GM and Witten as head coach. Would continue the cowboy circus

StylisticS

Reaction score
Ha. He’s never coached before ever. I don’t think this will happen.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Witten? Dan Campbell?

Where's Jeff Robinson or Mike Lucky while we're at it.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Honestly I think Witten loves and respects JG so much I doubt he would even take the gig right after Jason got axed

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ha. He’s never coached before ever. I don’t think this will happen.

JG gets promoted to the front office, Witten becomes head coach...all we'll need then is Romo to come back as OC.

MV5BMjEyOTExMDA5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM2NjQ3Mg@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

plymkr

Reaction score
only if he brings Romo
Actually, if Witten was the HC and he brought in Romo to be his OC and they won a ring. That would make me very happy on several levels. I know I'm dreaming here but even the most cynical fan would like to have Romo and Witten win a ring as a Cowboy in some fashion.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He may very well interview witten
Interviews are an important step in one day getting hired
But even jerry isn’t hiring witten as HC

Of course, he's not......surprised so many posters are taking the tweet serious. I can, however, see Witten on next head coach staff as assistant alone with Lee. Not because of Jerry's demand but their own merits....both would be excellent hires IMO.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I honestly do not believe this. Maybe as a tight ends coach but nothing other than that.

I feel for witten. The guy was amazing here and his playing time is essentially over and he can not go back to broadcasting but I imagine he wants to be involved somehow. I don't think working in the media is for him at any point again.

Has to be hard to wrestle with that.

^^this .......