Twitter: Witten in the Cowboys Coaching Mix

ArtClink

Reaction score
I think Richie Cunningham, Ebeneezer Eckuban, or Dat Nyguen would be an excellent Jerry hire for head coach. Any of them could learn on the job like Garrett and nine years gives them a lot of time to learn about how to be Jerry's puppet, how to talk under the Jones gag order, and how to pretend to be in charge of players who all report to Jerry.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
If this were to happen, I think I'd be done. I haven't missed a game in 16 years but this blow would be too much to take. I don't think I'd have the heart to continue with this team - it would all feel hopeless.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Actually, if Witten was the HC and he brought in Romo to be his OC and they won a ring. That would make me very happy on several levels. I know I'm dreaming here but even the most cynical fan would like to have Romo and Witten win a ring as a Cowboy in some fashion.

That's a nice fantasy, however, installing a HC with zero coaching experience at any level is the definition of insanity.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I guess he could be a quality control coach, or assistant to a tight end coach. Anything else would further the narrative of why this club has failed for so many years.

plymkr

Reaction score
That's a nice fantasy, however, installing a HC with zero coaching experience at any level is the definition of insanity.
Yeah I'm not rooting for Witten to be the coach or Romo as the OC, I'm just saying if Jerry is insane enough to do it and they won, I'd be really happy if they won rings as Cowboys. Now if tomorrow or Thursday there's an announcement that Witten is the head coach, I am going to be really, really upset. I mean like not watching a game or watching sports again upset. I'd rather have Garrett back just based on your point alone, at least Garrett has experience. It is a nice fantasy to have but the reality would be the Cowboys would be in a lot of trouble with a player turned coach and no experience.

The real question is: Is Jerry insane enough to do it? At this point I don't trust Jerry at all. He's too emotionally involved on a personal level to make sound football decisions, either with Witten, Garrett, or the active players.