Twitter: Witten interviewed for MNF job

lkelly

Reaction score
That would be convenient for the weeks where Dallas is on MNF. He could just wear a headset.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is probably his last year, but he's not leaving the team on short notice like this. Even if we were to go TE relatively high in the draft, he'd still take a victory lap year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Nah I agree 100%. A good TE who can catch passes and run block is a NECESSITY in this offense.

I was being tongue in cheek with my comment. But that being said, IF Witten does retire this off-season then I am fine with drafting a replacement high.

I am not ok with drafting one high of Witten isn’t retired because we all know they won’t see the field if Witten I still on the roster.
I LIKE Dallas Goedert. Gesicki too. Either would be awesome and adds juice to the offense.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
This is probably his last year, but he's not leaving the team on short notice like this. Even if we were to go TE relatively high in the draft, he'd still take a victory lap year.
Your most likely correct, unless his body has broken down rapidly in the last few months in which case he might pack it in now.

conner01

Reaction score
I’d assume they knew he interviewed and know if he’s getting the job now
May be down the road or they may not want a rookie broadcaster for that gig
But I think he is destined for the booth eventually

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d assume they knew he interviewed and know if he’s getting the job now
May be down the road or they may not want a rookie broadcaster for that gig
But I think he is destined for the booth eventually

I don't see it. He seems to have a hard enough time stringing thoughts together in interviews. Wit always struck me as a man of few words. At least, few words when he's the center of attention and not allowed to swear at somebody. He strikes me as more coach material than commentator.

But then, so did Tony, honestly. Tony was made for the booth, but I can totally see him coming back and being a HC in this league and being very successful at it once his kids are a bit bigger.

Aven8

Reaction score
Can't blame him for wanting to play another year. I'm sure he's had a lot input from Romo. It would behoove him however to get out now IMO. MNF and replacing Gruden? I would jump at that chance.

jchap2k

Reaction score
Who is the top TE in the draft this year? I wonder if, should Witten retire, the best TE in this years draft would have a bigger impact vs the best WR we can get at 19.

conner01

Reaction score
Can't blame him for wanting to play another year. I'm sure he's had a lot input from Romo. It would behoove him however to get out now IMO. MNF and replacing Gruden? I would jump at that chance.
If it had been offered I assume he would have taken it
But it was good for him to see what it’s like then he may get a shot next year for a different gig

GMO415

Reaction score
I hope he gets it. I think he'd be good.
He needs to fix his hair though...
giphy.gif

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Who is the top TE in the draft this year? I wonder if, should Witten retire, the best TE in this years draft would have a bigger impact vs the best WR we can get at 19.

I get what you’re saying, but if we go tight end in the first 2 rounds I’m going to be salty.

cern

Reaction score
If the job's being offered he should take it. I do find him a tad droll, however. Nowhere as glib as Romo.