Witten is returning because he believes this team is super bowl caliber

SSoup

Reaction score
His performance calling games was so bad that Monday Night Football was surely about to abort the Witten Era in a very embarrassing fashion, so he opted to un-retire to make it look better because he couldn't handle that shaming.

But it's adorable that you want to believe the best of everyone like this. You're very precious.

:laugh:

JayFord

Reaction score
His performance calling games was so bad that Monday Night Football was surely about to abort the Witten Era in a very embarrassing fashion, so he opted to un-retire to make it look better because he couldn't handle that shaming.

But it's adorable that you want to believe the best of everyone like this. You're very precious.

If true

They can take booger McFarland as well

First time I had to mute games

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

I agree with this but not quite as strongly. If he was offered a fat multiyear extension, he’s not going anywhere. I’m sure ESPN had a talk with him, and then his agent told him no other network is coming knocking, so he said “Okay then.”

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I guess we'll find out soon enough. FA signings will tell us if the Jones boys believe we're SB caliber.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I love Witten, but I don't know him coming back is gonna be good for anyone. He wasn't exactly speedy 2 years ago, and I'm guessing he isn't getting faster with age. I guess if he can go out and get 1st downs like he's always done, and mentor the young guys it might work out. Wasn't there rumblings that he didn't help the young TE's in the past? Maybe now that he knows he only has a season or two left that will change. Oh man, just don't mess up your Cowboys legacy Witt.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaks VOLUMES about how good this team is that witten would leave his cushiony new job for one more year to run the table.

This is a make it or break it year.

a3c7600739a9618b9eb65995b7a6a011389ab731f608b0d5d2fd7403b7d0d5d7.jpg

scottsp

Reaction score
Whether this club is or not is anyone's guess. They believe they're on the doorstep every season, so that really doesn't move the needle.

Garrett and the club worked to convince him to come back at various points last season and I don't suspect they ever stopped pursuing that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought Witten did very well commentating from the booth last year.

As for him returning, not sure that is such a good idea. Witten certainly is not the Witten of old (young), and he's certainly going to be much slower. Don't see how this will do anything but slow down the progress we saw from the young TEs last season. How does this help make the Offense better, quicker, faster?

JayFord

Reaction score
I thought Witten did very well commentating from the booth last year.

As for him returning, not sure that is such a good idea. Witten certainly is not the Witten of old (young), and he's certainly going to be much slower. Don't see how this will do anything but slow down the progress we saw from the young TEs last season. How does this help make the Offense better, quicker, faster?

I’m thinking

Maybe we draft a TE in the second and witten takes a reduced role