Witten named to Pro Bowl

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Any likes I get from this thread I'm donating to charity. I can't in good conscience accept them for such a sham.
Please don't. In good conscience I typically don't give you likes but already have you two and haven't finished the first page yet..... Haha

That being said you have a vast knowledge and I enjoy your informational posts...... Other then when we are talking QBs haha

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That means you think the players and coaches are going off of his former reputation, too. That's unlikely.

The better answer is the guy is still a pretty good player, and other players and teams know it. It also explains why they run after him when games are over to let him know how much they respect him.

11 probowls is rare air. We ought to just enjoy watching his career instead of be rushing for it to be over so some schlub the likes of Martellus Bennett can try to take his place.
:clap:

diefree666

Reaction score
He is still probably a top 10 TE in the league and with several pulling out for various reasons this is really not a surprise.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think there is any question a fair amount of this is honorary for his career, but I don't think he would be voted in if people thought he wasn't still a pretty good player.

I think what Cowboy fans have to realize is the offense is shifting, and while a younger talent at TE would be helpful, Witten still has a place, though in a lesser role than in the past. A better passing game between the QB and WRs would mitigate the need for a younger, elite TE, just as a younger, elite TE would mitigate the need for upgrades in other areas. No team has it all.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Garrett and Jerry right now...

vindication.jpg

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where's the guy that wanted to replace him with a platoon of scrubs yesterday?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Pro Bowler = Popularity contest in most cases any more esp. since most of the best at their position are still playing. Great fun for their families but ridiculous to consider as a variable used to judge for future talent. I have seen where fans want to consider a FA player based on the # of pro bowls they played in. Hilarious.

Hardline

Reaction score
Well deserved
He' still a top 5 TE.
Far better than the Cowboyszone critics give him credit for.