Gameover

Reaction score
And he accepted?!

Dak Prescott is way more deserving than Jason Witten

I believe this is his 6th or 7th alternate invitation

I think he sits around waiting for the call after the season

Gameover

Reaction score
That means you think the players and coaches are going off of his former reputation, too. That's unlikely.

The better answer is the guy is still a pretty good player, and other players and teams know it. It also explains why they run after him when games are over to let him know how much they respect him.

11 probowls is rare air. We ought to just enjoy watching his career instead of be rushing for it to be over so some schlub the likes of Martellus Bennett can try to take his place.
They needed a body... nothing more

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No disrespect to Witten, he's one of the greatest players in Cowboys history on and off the field and he's still playing.
Now that I got that out of the way, the Pro Bowl is a bunch of BS. And getting in as an alternate (IN MY OPINION) is a swift and sharp kick in the nuts.
Here's an idea: Get rid of the dumb Pro Bowl game. After the Super Bowl award all the All Pro players at a random stadium, get the fans more involved and maybe have some skill contests. The players aren't going to give the fans an honest competitive game and I can't blame them. So lose the game and honor the real All Pros. Stop giving players the Pro Bowl status only because the guy ahead of him can't make the event.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They needed a body... nothing more

There are 32 bodies, plus backups in the league. They ask player and coaches and fans, and something tells me Jason wasn't all that high on the fans' wish list this season.

I think it was more than 'wanting a body.'

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Well I guess all his fans who love his Geico commercial will be tuning into the Pro Bowl now!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Top 5? On the Cowboys you mean. Cause he certainly isnt better than

Olsen
Gronk
Ertz
Reed
Kelce
Graham
He certainly was when he was in his prime/age like those you have listed. Let's see if your top 5 STILL play lights out at the age of Witty, 35yrs old. The man has ELEVEN pro bowls under his belt & STILL going strong.

Your top five are far from being realistic. You don't even have one of the most underrated and best TE's to ever play the game listed. Tony Gonzalez. Which has 14 pro bowls under his belt. Received his last one in 2013, the year he retired at the age of 37.

Those so called top 5 combined probably won't even earn as many as Witty let and Gonzalez. Witty's not even retired yet. That's 25 Pro Bowls combined by only two players.
They just don't make them anymore like they use to. :muttley:

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the Pro Bowl is a bunch of BS. And getting in as an alternate (IN MY OPINION) is a swift and sharp kick in the nuts.
The Pro Bowl is (not exactly breaking news) a bunch of BS but getting in is getting in. Since the NFL moved the Pro Bowl to BEFORE the Super Bowl that has a big impact on who gets in.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is (not exactly breaking news) a bunch of BS but getting in is getting in. Since the NFL moved the Pro Bowl to BEFORE the Super Bowl that has a big impact on who gets in.
Yeah, I understand how it works which is why I said it needs to be moved to after the SB so the initial Pro Bowlers can be recognized and not guys who wouldn't have made it.

Pants

Reaction score
Jason, we are giving you this....now, see the sun over there? in the distance? head in that direction...

willia451

Reaction score
1 more good year in the sun. Knock it out of the park for us, Babe.

jaketaylorpoint.jpg