Witten needs to retire again

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Even Brad & Babe have been going on and on about Jarwin never being on the field and once he is all he does is make plays. They don’t say anything about Witten but it’s implied. Jarwin is a weapon and they intentionally sidelined him for 75% of the snaps in favor of what has to be one of the worst starting TEs in the league.

birdwells1

Reaction score
And this time he needs to stay gone. He is being selfish taking away snaps from Jarwin who is better and faster and more capable of making plays. He lied about not wanting to take a bigger role and hogs all of the snaps to himself at the expense of Jarwin getting more playing time to develop into a dangerous threat at TE. Witten's selfishness is a reflection of what's wrong with the Cowboys

Huh, it looks like he already did.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
And this time he needs to stay gone. He is being selfish taking away snaps from Jarwin who is better and faster and more capable of making plays. He lied about not wanting to take a bigger role and hogs all of the snaps to himself at the expense of Jarwin getting more playing time to develop into a dangerous threat at TE. Witten's selfishness is a reflection of what's wrong with the Cowboys
Where was Witten and Jarwin that last drive when the game was on the line and our season hung in the balance. They were covered and couldnt get open and make a game winning play as ALWAYS.

If they have no elevation and can only beat scrub defenders on scrub teams whats the point of leaving them out there? These tes suck and so does this dual te passing offense.

Ive been telling everybody in this forum for 6 years that our tes aren't dominant enough receivers to lead this dual te passing offense. Its trash and always will be without a Gronk and Hernandez.
&jj in 8k(
They have #82 out there on the final do or die play yesterday and hes never made a game winning play in his entire career. Thats why this offense sucks and cant be a contender. These tes can score during blow out games or against scrub teams or both.

Cmac

Reaction score
He has the entitlement of most Garrett guys. Remember TO and Dez talked about Garrett guys.

…...he was in Cabo with TRomo before a pivotal game....and became known as a team leader.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I disagree. The GM of the team was utterly stupid in taking him back.

I don’t fault Witten for playing as long as some NFL team will let him.

You would figure a team trying to progress, would honor his commitment, but keep him off the field.

HotDog37

Reaction score
You would figure a team trying to progress, would honor his commitment, but keep him off the field.

Exactly. In honor of his past play if I am coach I put him only in plays where he can look good and where he can catch the pass on a possession route. He can catch passes well and can also block well, but Jarwin is the future. Dallas does not know how to use the future. It's time to move on from Witten,

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching Witten play makes ME sore. The guy plays like he’s ravaged with arthritis. Can’t even reach over his head. Slowest player in the league.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
But when we need points they go awol and When the game is on the line they never get open or make any game winning plays. This te core is a progress stopper for our dual rb and dual slot wr formations that never get integrated into this offense under Garrett. Jarwin cant get open when the game is on the line either. Neither of these tes are dominant enough receivers to warrant all of their involvement in our passing scheme. Somebody has to score more points consistently and these checkdown tes have no dominant red zone scoring ability. We should have kept Beaseley and ran 10 personell w cobb or picked up Jared Cook in FA. Both of these guys have better red zone skillsets and are more clutch at making game changing plays when the game is on the line.

The tes main purpose is to use their size advantage to score in the red zone but our tes are just checkdown receivers who cant go up and get a ball and score consistently.

Carter

Reaction score
I rather watch paint dry than another Witten Season where he cant get 1 YAC and cant break a tackle against 180 lb DBs.

He is a product of the Past and stands for the Failures of the last 15 years. Empty Stats with nothing to Show for.

His acting with the Retirement at the Draft, than coming back this year to steal all the playing time from Jarwin has left a bitter taste on a very good career.

Witten is the last Garrett Guy on the Team and will hopefully done together with Jason

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please I've been screaming this since he decided to come back. he can't reach blocks, he can't get open and he handcuffs the entire offense because he can be covered by a fat defensive tackle.
Thanks for the years of service but good bye along with Jason

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes..Witten played poorly again. Dropped easy catches again. Looked lifeless.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Oh he knows. Doubt he would have come back had he known he’d be dropping passes and stuff. That’s not like him at all. I feel bad though Witten kinda got talked into going into broadcasting,then talked back into this. It put a stain on his career...I don’t hold it against him,but it’s there all the same and just isn’t necessary for such a NFL icon. Love his TD catch though...that was awesome. Probably would have been better had he not been the featured TE,and more split time. Shultz is the guy who really got screwed....he’s solid. That’s who I want playing more with Jarwin,as they developed a nice little game 2nd half of last season and felt ok with them in the offense.

OttoWest

Reaction score
El fatso Witten drops a ball. Then he catches a ball and immediately falls down. Then he misses a ball.
Blokes, doth The Fat TE have video on Jerry and the hospitality girls?

And some simpletons here want him to coach??
Oh, Mother!

Witten needs to retire. That's a given. But he has been a consumate professional and a leader since day one. He has missed 1 game in his pro career due to a broken jaw. And zero games after lacerating his spleen 3 weeks before the season opener. And then goes on to set the NFL record for receptions by a tight end in a season that same year. He has given his heart and sole to this team. Your statement is a slap in the face. His playing career may be over, but he deserves the utmost in respect. He has earned it. And count me in as one of the "Simpletons" who would love to see him as the TE's coach.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
I was excited too see him back but watching the sure handed Witten dropping gimmie catches while Jarwin is looking like Tony Gonzalez makes me think he needs to go back to commentary

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Watching Witten play makes ME sore. The guy plays like he’s ravaged with arthritis. Can’t even reach over his head. Slowest player in the league.

Yeah. When I saw Dak throw it to him 5 yards down field on 3rd and like 15, I knew that wasn't going anywhere.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Witten needs to retire. That's a given. But he has been a consumate professional and a leader since day one. He has missed 1 game in his pro career due to a broken jaw. And zero games after lacerating his spleen 3 weeks before the season opener. And then goes on to set the NFL record for receptions by a tight end in a season that same year. He has given his heart and sole to this team. Your statement is a slap in the face. His playing career may be over, but he deserves the utmost in respect. He has earned it. And count me in as one of the "Simpletons" who would love to see him as the TE's coach.
I have the utmost respect for him as well but as a coach, I really just want this entire era to be over with, gone, kaput.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I disagree. The GM of the team was utterly stupid in taking him back.

I don’t fault Witten for playing as long as some NFL team will let him.
Witten doesn't make playing time decisions.

That is up to the coaches..

Nobody was screaming for Witten to sit against the Rams after his one handed TD catch.