Witten needs to retire again

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Witten needs to retire. That's a given. But he has been a consumate professional and a leader since day one. He has missed 1 game in his pro career due to a broken jaw. And zero games after lacerating his spleen 3 weeks before the season opener. And then goes on to set the NFL record for receptions by a tight end in a season that same year. He has given his heart and sole to this team. Your statement is a slap in the face. His playing career may be over, but he deserves the utmost in respect. He has earned it. And count me in as one of the "Simpletons" who would love to see him as the TE's coach.
Wear your "simpleton" T-shirt proudly.
Fans here are quick to anoint any has-been as a coach without considering 200 other ex-players and 1,000 actual coaches with experience.
A former good player could be the world's worse coach but simpletons go on popularity, not actual résumé.

OttoWest

Reaction score
Wear your "simpleton" T-shirt proudly.
Fans here are quick to anoint any has-been as a coach without considering 200 other ex-players and 1,000 actual coaches with experience.
A former good player could be the world's worse coach but simpletons go on popularity, not actual résumé.

I have no desire to engage with someone who disrespects a player who has given his all to this organization and is sure-fire Hall of Famer. Have a nice evening.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's probably wondering why he wanted to come back to this fecal fiesta.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have no desire to engage with someone who disrespects a player who has given his all to this organization and is sure-fire Hall of Famer. Have a nice evening.
No, you have a nice evening in yer 4X size Witten jersey!