Witten on ESPN tonight

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Witten joking that Manusky is wearing a Schmedium....ironic considering his size too small shirt he was rocking.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah he looked great throwing that last pick. He is playing against 3rd and 4th stringers and isn't really showing anything exceptional.

Yeah Cooper Rush has done nothing in a game that counts. But he's looked decent playing against 3rd and 4th stringers.

All Teddy has done is go 11-5 his last season as a starter and complete 65% of his passes. He can't compare to Cooper's 1 of 3 passing for 2 yards. :rolleyes:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He's no Tony Romo

I've actually enjoyed listening to Booger McFarland more than Witten. They should put Witten on the field and Booger in the booth

McFarland is decent talking about the in game action. The more he talks outside of the action the less I am interested in what he has to say.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah Cooper Rush has done nothing in a game that counts. But he's looked decent playing against 3rd and 4th stringers.

All Teddy has done is go 11-5 his last season as a starter and complete 65% of his passes. He can't compare to Cooper's 1 of 3 passing for 2 yards. :rolleyes:

Well, let's see if Rush makes it for the same number of years as Bridgewater and gets to start. I have nothing against Bridgewater. I agree right now he is better than Rush. Wow....so impressive. Heck, he possibly could be better than Dak right now, but Bridgewater was pretty much a bus driver in 2015. He had Adrian Peterson with 1500 yds on the ground, a top 5 defense and he only threw 14 TDs. Pretty good situation for a QB.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As a fellow mumbler, I was pleasantly surprised at his clear speaking. I thought that would be an issue for him. I guess most of time when I hear him speak it's after a game when he is all emotioned up. He sounded very good.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he did fine (for the 1.5 quarters i watched) but i almost chocked when he called out a player for not running his route past the sticks. :eek:

For context, the receiver was obviously a checkdown option.

erod

Reaction score
As a color analyst, Witten would make a fine coach.

cern

Reaction score
I actually liked marcus spears more last week against the 49ers. but witten will get the knack of things. tony's schtick is predicting plays in advance. spears reduces a play to its lcd and says what was right or wrong without making it complicated. witten will probably do better with some predicting in his analyses. right now, a bit robotic.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
First off :espn:
Second, I hope he does well, BUT, I have a feeling he's gonna come up a bit short. He was known for that the last few years.

How do you think he'll do??
Exactly! This is what I meant by coming up a bit short. He may need a couple of drinks too loosen up! Salud!

I cant wait to hear him.

Troy

Irvin

Moose

Woodson

Jimmy Johnson

Romo

Witten

What fun for Cowboy fans.

Not sure there has ever been so many from a team on TV after football.

Stargazing

Reaction score
First off :espn:
Second, I hope he does well, BUT, I have a feeling he's gonna come up a bit short. He was known for that the last few years.

How do you think he'll do??[/QUOTE

I dont get the Witten bashing. It drives me nuts. If half the players on this roster had the heart and work ethic we would be in the playoffs. It drives me nuts with these younger fans knocking him. You people dont get it. The David Irvings of the world, you dont win with. No one should say anything about Jason. He was one of the greatest Cowboys of all time. This younger generation drives me crazy. Ill take 53 men with Jasons heart anyday, not half the clowns on this team has had the last 20 years. Witten im sure will be great in MNF because he will bring the same work ethic he did on the field every single day.