Witten TDs should be Jarwin’s

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I said this from the jump jarwin will get barely any burn and this witten experiment is just going to hinder Jarwin's development and confidence for the season. Its more upsetting that they are basically forcing dak and moore to make witten the career td leader for the team
3-0

Eanwen

Reaction score
Not reading this whole thread but I say no because:
1. I don't really care who scores the td personally.
2. If Jarwin really is good enough to keep maybe it's best his numbers are low so he can't demand a lot and the Cowboys can keep him on the team. IIRC he's a free agent after this year. I'm not saying the Cowboys should intentionally keep his numbers low, just saying as much as I want a Kelce type on this team I expect the Cowboys will need more help on the defensive side next year than on offense (free agent losses, lack of overall talent on the DL and safety positions) so maybe this saves us from picking TE early on.

Hdsportsfan

Reaction score
Some of it can probably be blamed on Linehan, but has Jarwin had like 3 or 4 years to make his mark.
But for the QB's, it's hard not to go to your security blanket when needed for all these years.

Cap12

Reaction score
Witt continues to show that despite a year off the field and in the booth, he's one of the best to ever lace 'em up. Jarwin has definitely flashed and could have a bright future. Still, there is no reason to believe that with the Cowboys running some 12 personnel in the Red-Zone, that Jarwin won't get his chance to score some TDs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Jarwin should be getting these TD tosses in the redzone instead of Witten? Witten runs about a 6 second forty and Jarwin is said to be a natural athletic freak. I mean, get Jarwin going and keep him going. We need someone who can run after the catch. Dallas did Witten a favor by letting him come back. WE DON"T NEED HIM! I love Witten but come playoff time I want Jarwin catching those balls. They need to get Jarwin more involved in this offense! Get him ready for the post season. I guess what i'm trying to say is if Kellen Moore would start targeting Jarwin more he could possibly be one of the leagues best TE's. I hate to sound like i'm bashing on Witten but good God he can't run. How many teams would have let him come back? Not many ...rant over

It's not about the speed. Witten deserves any touchdown he makes. I wouldn't mind seeing Jarwin out there either. But unlike the "Witten is slow" crowd, I never bought into that, because Witten has always been productive.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
OP your question should be, how is Witten getting so open? He is old and still finds to get open. He’s been doing that for years even as slow as you clearly stated. While Jarwin will get his catches through his so called athleticism, Witten’s understanding of getting open, route running, and sudden movements to lose these young LBs is just right for those key moments.

I’m amazed! Aren’t you!? Like *** that shouldn’t happen!! Lol

I’m guessing you drafted Jarwin to your fantasy league?

kskboys

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Jarwin should be getting these TD tosses in the redzone instead of Witten? Witten runs about a 6 second forty and Jarwin is said to be a natural athletic freak. I mean, get Jarwin going and keep him going. We need someone who can run after the catch. Dallas did Witten a favor by letting him come back. WE DON"T NEED HIM! I love Witten but come playoff time I want Jarwin catching those balls. They need to get Jarwin more involved in this offense! Get him ready for the post season. I guess what i'm trying to say is if Kellen Moore would start targeting Jarwin more he could possibly be one of the leagues best TE's. I hate to sound like i'm bashing on Witten but good God he can't run. How many teams would have let him come back? Not many ...rant over
Witten gets open. For the life of me I cannot comprehend how his detractors cannot see that. It's so obvious.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not about the speed. Witten deserves any touchdown he makes. I wouldn't mind seeing Jarwin out there either. But unlike the "Witten is slow" crowd, I never bought into that, because Witten has always been productive.
Witten "looks" slow. He is not. 4.68 coming in, prolly still runs a 4.7-4.8. Very quick feet. He's by far the quickest TE on the team.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Besides his big catch for the year, witten will average 5 yards a catch.

He stops other tight ends from developing.

Jarwin can catch passes beyond 5 yards.

I don't mind witten being out there in 2 tight end set's, but I don't get why he is there when there is one tight end on the field

kskboys

Reaction score
Besides his big catch for the year, witten will average 5 yards a catch.

He stops other tight ends from developing.

Jarwin can catch passes beyond 5 yards.

I don't mind witten being out there in 2 tight end set's, but I don't get why he is there when there is one tight end on the field
BUT HE DOESN'T GET OPEN.

I honestly don't understand the obsession w/ Jarwin. He looks like a decent back up to me. Aside from his one million catch game, he hasn't been all that impressive. IMO. 27 catches last season for a team that didn't have a TE.

Witten, even at his age, is a far far better player than Jarwin.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
BUT HE DOESN'T GET OPEN.

I honestly don't understand the obsession w/ Jarwin. He looks like a decent back up to me. Aside from his one million catch game, he hasn't been all that impressive. IMO. 27 catches last season for a team that didn't have a TE.

Witten, even at his age, is a far far better player than Jarwin.

You have to play to develop. Jarwin was open last year and didn't get thrown to or Dak missed him some. I am not saying Jarwin is a stud, but he could run TE screens, he runs down the seam better, and offers you different things. We have the passing game this year to get him open

If witten was a top notch blocker I would get it, but he is not. He does things great, but it is a different type of offense, I want different tight end play.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Jarwin probably would not have gotten them TDs regardless, Witten knows how to get open, Jarwin isn't even close!

Daillest88

Reaction score
I love it.. witten may be slow, but he’s still heck of a route runner. Moore using him right . Let him run 10-15 yard routes over these 3 yard routes he ran under linehan. The guy just manages to get open regardless of his speed. I was one of the few who was glad he returned, but at the same time thought he take snaps away from jarwin , seems like jarwin still getting his playing time.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score

Then why wasn't Jarwin catching those TD passes last year? The new offense I'm guessing is your opinion. Mine is Witten knows how to get open. Especially against zone coverage in the redzone. Speed is little help in those tight areas. You need a guy that understands the spots to attack.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Jarwin probably would not have gotten them TDs regardless, Witten knows how to get open, Jarwin isn't even close!
Then why wasn't Jarwin catching those TD passes last year? The new offense I'm guessing is your opinion. Mine is Witten knows how to get open. Especially against zone coverage in the redzone. Speed is little help in those tight areas. You need a guy that understands the spots to attack.

Wasn't it a QB roll out te out play where Dak either keeps it or throws it?

I think any te can run that