Witten TDs should be Jarwin’s

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He can be a leader on the sideline, while other tight ends develop

Players can develop during the off season and practice. We have no time to hold these TE hands. They did a lousy job last season at TE. Jarwin is a receiver for the most part not a true TE, I love having Jarwin and the packages they have in place for him. Was not thrilled with a couple of drops he had this past game but overall I like Jarwin. As for Witten no one needs to hold his hand he knows the job as a complete TE and gets open and makes the catch that is his job and does it damn well

Cap12

Reaction score
Jarwin probably would not have gotten them TDs regardless, Witten knows how to get open, Jarwin isn't even close!
This is just a sample of what many are observing when it comes to Witten vs. Jarwin. Right now, Jarwin is a "mismatch player". He can be hard for LBs to cover when he goes deep. He's a decent route runner, but when you compare him to a future HOF TE like Witten, he will come up short in every metric that involves playing the game above his shoulders. In addition, Witten may not be fast, but he is still a "sudden player" and he can work in small windows to provide a good target. I like Jarwin in the role he's in and he may develop into a better pass catching TE, but there is no comparison between Jarwin and Witten at this point. Witten has shown why he's the special player he is thoughout his career. He has clearly worked hard to come back after a year of retirement, to show that he can still get the job done.