Women...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
:lmao2:

What happened?

I am the expert in "dating advise." (self-proclaimed anyway)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Speaking of... you know what really grinds my gears... WOMEN's basketball.

Its like guys playing basketball on the moon, or under water... :puke:

Sorry WG ;)

joseephuss

Reaction score
smarta5150;1427577 said:

Sorry WG ;)

That remote of yours has a button you can press to change the channel. :D

superpunk

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1427597 said:
Adam donated a rib and ruined my life.

jerk ruined everyone's life. his rib started it, tho.

Let the Crown help you recover.

superpunk

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1427692 said:
Women are the greatest creation ever made

k she's gone now :D

Personally, I vote for sliced bread and hi-definition television.

and reuben sandwiches.

And whoever figured out we could eat crab legs.

and fantasy football.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1427597 said:
Adam donated a rib and ruined my life.

It's always best to find out sooner, rather than later.

As long as there aren't kids involved, it's always best to keep looking for the right one, and when you find her, it's all the better.

I have friends who ended up marrying the wrong person and they end up having kids and THEN realizing they're in a bad relationship. That's the worst. Then your only options are staying in a bad marriage or risk hurting the lives of your kids.

It probably feels pretty bad right now, but all in all you're probably luck to have found out before it's too late.

P.S. when you do find someone new, make sure she's a Cowboys fan! Take it from me, that's a big plus that's been a life-saver in my marriage! :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
smarta5150;1427577 said:

Sorry WG ;)
Say what you want about women's ball, but you won't find better shooters on a team. It's not about hops, it's about putting the ball in the basket. Too many male players forget that in their effort to posterize somebody.

BTW, I never take offense. Women's ball is a different flavor from men, but it doesn't mean it's bad.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;1427769 said:
P.S. when you do find someone new, make sure she's a Cowboys fan! Take it from me, that's a big plus that's been a life-saver in my marriage! :D

:signmast:

This is not to be underestimated. I watch her shows with her, she watches the games with me. Give and take. She's not as big a Cowboys fan as I am, but I'm working on it.

I have been successful in converting her to the Mavs, though . We had a lot fun following them through the playoffs last year.

phillycard

Reaction score
smarta5150;1427577 said:

Sorry WG ;)

agreed smarta. I tried watching some last night. Unbearable. Although those Marist girls are pretty good.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course, you guys have heard that old joke about God and Adam and the whole Eve creation thing right?

God is looking down on Adam one day and he sees him mopping about. He asks Adam what the trouble is. Adam says to God, "I'm lonely. I look around and all the animals have mates. They are all happy and I have nobody." God ponders this for a moment and then says to Adam, "Adam, I have an idea. I am going to make you a mate and we will call her a Woman. She will be soft and sweet, she will posses feminan ways and charms that will make you exceedingly happy. She will have a smile and a form that will make her irresistable to your eyes. She will be loving and carring and understanding to the point that you would do anything for her. She will be the one thing that will make you happy for the rest of time. We will name her Eve and it will be good but, there is a price."

Adam says to God, "This sounds wonderful beyond my wildest dreams. I am almost affraid to ask what this might cost to have such a thing as a Women?"

God says to Adam, "It will cost you your right arm but in return, you will be happy for the rest of time."

Adam pauses for a moment, looks up at God and askes, "God, what could I get for a Rib?"

;)

burmafrd

Reaction score
If you are a fan of the GAME, BASKETBALL, then the Women are the only ones that play it anymore. No dunking, showing off, etc. real defense, real passing and dribbling, and so on. John Wooden said it best 10 years ago;"Womens college basketball is the only pure basketball left"
SInce he is a lot smarter, I go with his opinion.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
burmafrd;1428098 said:
If you are a fan of the GAME, BASKETBALL, then the Women are the only ones that play it anymore. No dunking, showing off, etc. real defense, real passing and dribbling, and so on. John Wooden said it best 10 years ago;"Womens college basketball is the only pure basketball left"

Lots of holes there.

Just because women's basketball involves a lot more jump shots (only actually) why does that make it the only pure basketball left?

Because women cant jump as high or fun as fast?

No dunking? I believe dunking has been around since the creation of the sport so what sense does that statement make?

Showing off? Is this speaking of the All-Star game or And-One? If so they are for entertainment purposes where showing off is part of the game.

Real defense? As opposed to fake defense? What is this guy talking about?

Real passing and dribbling... I would love to see the top women passers and dribbling go against the best in the NBA, Steve Nash, AI, Lebron... gimme a break.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
burmafrd;1428098 said:

I watched a game a week ago between the Mavs & Suns that was about as technically and fundamentally sound basketball that you'll ever see.

Anyway - in spirit of the thread - SEE HOW THEY COME BETWEEN US?! Women.:banghead:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
smarta5150;1428112 said:
Lots of holes there.

Just because women's basketball involves a lot more jump shots (only actually) why does that make it the only pure basketball left?

Because women cant jump as high or fun as fast?

No dunking? I believe dunking has been around since the creation of the sport so what sense does that statement make?

Showing off? Is this speaking of the All-Star game or And-One? If so they are for entertainment purposes where showing off is part of the game.

Real defense? As opposed to fake defense? What is this guy talking about?

Real passing and dribbling... I would love to see the top women passers and dribbling go against the best in the NBA, Steve Nash, AI, Lebron... gimme a break.

I will also like to add a couple things...

You or Wooden said "no showing off" in women's basketball... what about the 1st dunk in a women's game... happened last year or somethingwhen time was expiring and the game was in the bag anyway? That was both showing off and goes against the "no" dunking part of yours or Woodens statement.

Another point... 1 of the ultimate fundamentals of basketball is to take high percentage shots, guess what the highest percentage shot there is, thats right, the slam dunk. Yet you use that to argue mens basketball isnt "pure?"

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
WOW, here's a thread topic I thought I'd never see started by CrownRoyal... that is unless it was followed by, "I wish I was one!" :p:;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
smarta5150;1428160 said:
I will also like to add a couple things...

You or Wooden said "no showing off" in women's basketball... what about the 1st dunk in a women's game... happened last year or somethingwhen time was expiring and the game was in the bag anyway? That was both showing off and goes against the "no" dunking part of yours or Woodens statement.

Another point... 1 of the ultimate fundamentals of basketball is to take high percentage shots, guess what the highest percentage shot there is, thats right, the slam dunk. Yet you use that to argue mens basketball isnt "pure?"

The first dunk in a womans game happened before last year. IIRC it was by a player for UNC in the 90's or Lisa Leslie in the early 90's.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1428226 said:
The first dunk in a womans game happened before last year. IIRC it was by a player for UNC in the 90's or Lisa Leslie in the early 90's.

I thin you know my point tho...

there is showing off and they dunked too.