Women...

superpunk

Reaction score
also, dunks are not something that happen with outstanding regularity. It takes an ENORMOUSLY skilled athlete to dunk through traffic without committing a foul, and we're not talking about Shaq battering-ramming his way into the circle and then just slamming it home.

Dunks occur when there has been a breakdown in defense, or a fast break, or some situation where the other team screwed up, and because of your superior defense/passing/alertness you have given your team and yourself a significant advantage. So why not take the highest percentage shot you can?

It's not showing off, it's playing smart. The game was being destroyed by Pat Riley, but they have taken steps to make sure that can't happen anymore, and it is MUCH better.

But yeah....women. pffft. Can't live with 'em...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1428256 said:
But yeah....women. pffft. Can't live with 'em...
Can't live without 'em. ;)

As far as the basketball angle, you can appreciate both the men's and women's game without dissing the other. I ref both and as long as they're at the higher levels, I can enjoy both without being too critical.

It's those damn 7th grade girls games that drives me nuts.:p:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1428277 said:

As far as the basketball angle, you can appreciate both the men's and women's game without dissing the other. I ref both and as long as they're at the higher levels, I can enjoy both without being too critical.

I had some pretty good girls on my REC team... that was pre-6th grade though :laugh2:

I know a few girls that still play in college and I really just "attack" it to bust them a little... I am seriously only facetious when it comes to this topic :eek::

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1428277 said:

When I was in the 7th grade they did the same thing too me. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1428313 said:
When I was in the 7th grade they did the same thing too me. :D
Yeah well I'd say the 7th grade boys, but we got enuff lady pedophiles running around here.

So let's just say the kids drive me crazy.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
superpunk;1427694 said:
Personally, I vote for sliced bread and hi-definition television.

and reuben sandwiches.

And whoever figured out we could eat crab legs.

and fantasy football.

Certainly not Ron, a guy I used to work with.....

Sitting around the lunch table, seafood was the topic of conversation. Ron said he hadn't had much seafood, but did have some crab legs the previous Friday.

I asked him what he thought of them....

He said...."Good................"

..............."but they were a little crunchy.":eek:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
jackrussell;1428351 said:
Certainly not Ron, a guy I used to work with.....

Sitting around the lunch table, seafood was the topic of conversation. Ron said he hadn't had much seafood, but did have some crab legs the previous Friday.

I asked him what he thought of them....

He said...."Good................"

..............."but they were a little crunchy.":eek:

:lmao2:

superpunk

Reaction score
The off-topic zone is great for stories. Crunchy crab legs...I'm not sure Ron deserves to live anymore.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
joseephuss;1427679 said:
That remote of yours has a button you can press to change the channel. :D

Not if he's married. All buttons on the remote are restricted when you're married. You need a written consent form signed by the president in order to use the remote, and even then the woman still has the right to refuse permission.

WoodysGirl;1427785 said:
Say what you want about women's ball, but you won't find better shooters on a team. It's not about hops, it's about putting the ball in the basket. Too many male players forget that in their effort to posterize somebody.

BTW, I never take offense. Women's ball is a different flavor from men, but it doesn't mean it's bad.

Women's basketball sucks. Period.

Then again, men's basketball sucks too. Basketball, in general, sucks.

Women's basketball is closer to not sucking then men's basketball though. I had already grown tired of the crap sport it had turned into until the Lakers faced the Sixers in the finals (however many years ago it was). When Shaq continually kept turning into Motumbo and sticking his elbow in Motumbo's face, but MOTUMBO getting called for the foul (it happened a few times), that's when I stopped watching basketball.

The only basketball I've watched since then was the last minute or two of the Spurs finals victory game, and it was only cuz I wanted to see David Robinson's last seconds on the court.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I respect the women's game. All be it boring as hell. Gimme SHOWTIME baby!

The big difference between the men's and women's game is that the men's game is played above the rim. Whereas the women's game is more ball control and fundamental.

I would assert that the Texas Class 5A Boys State Champs would DOMINATE the WNBA Champs.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If its wasnt for women we wouldnt have great things like Advil and Aspirin. :)

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
smarta5150;1428112 said:
Lots of holes there.

Just because women's basketball involves a lot more jump shots (only actually) why does that make it the only pure basketball left?

Because women cant jump as high or fun as fast?

No dunking? I believe dunking has been around since the creation of the sport so what sense does that statement make?

Showing off? Is this speaking of the All-Star game or And-One? If so they are for entertainment purposes where showing off is part of the game.

Real defense? As opposed to fake defense? What is this guy talking about?

Real passing and dribbling... I would love to see the top women passers and dribbling go against the best in the NBA, Steve Nash, AI, Lebron... gimme a break.

If you think that the NBA is pure basketball, then I've got some land I'd like to sell you.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
MichellesMan;1428958 said:
If you think that the NBA is pure basketball, then I've got some land I'd like to sell you.

Can you please define "pure" basketball?

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
smarta5150;1428967 said:
Can you please define "pure" basketball?

Be glad to. Pure basketball involves consistent application of established rules for ALL players. Not just the media darlings.

Pure basketball does not have a "continuation" rule.

Pure basketball requires players to actually defend opponents. Not just wave an imaginary cape at them as they run by.

Pure basketball has referees that prefer to remain anonymous.

In pure basketball, players actually practice. They don't call a press conference to complain about it.

In pure basketball, players remain on the court. They don't go into the stands after fans.

Pure basketball players respect their opponents. "Posterizing" and "schooling" are for those with, shall we say, inadequacies.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
MichellesMan;1428982 said:
Be glad to. Pure basketball involves consistent application of established rules for ALL players. Not just the media darlings.

Pure basketball does not have a "continuation" rule.

Pure basketball requires players to actually defend opponents. Not just wave an imaginary cape at them as they run by.

Pure basketball has referees that prefer to remain anonymous.

In pure basketball, players actually practice. They don't call a press conference to complain about it.

In pure basketball, players remain on the court. They don't go into the stands after fans.

Pure basketball players respect their opponents. "Posterizing" and "schooling" are for those with, shall we say, inadequacies.

Seems to me like you have a prejudice against a select few in the NBA and let that few cloud your entire judgment on the whole league.

Let me guess, you didn't and still don't support the signing of TO? (I only mention this because it seems like you fall into the media's traps very easily and are fickle enough to be influenced)

You should follow and watch teams like the Suns, Mavs, or Spurs as much as you do with the Cowboys. You will find 3 classy franchises who all play perfect basketball in their own ways.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1429004 said:
Let me guess, you didn't and still don't support the signing of TO?

What same person would? Ever heard of honor? Integrity?

Lilly .. Staubach .. TO. Something's amiss.