Women...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MichellesMan;1428982 said:
Be glad to. Pure basketball involves consistent application of established rules for ALL players. Not just the media darlings.

Pure basketball does not have a "continuation" rule.

Pure basketball requires players to actually defend opponents. Not just wave an imaginary cape at them as they run by.

Pure basketball has referees that prefer to remain anonymous.

In pure basketball, players actually practice. They don't call a press conference to complain about it.

In pure basketball, players remain on the court. They don't go into the stands after fans.

Pure basketball players respect their opponents. "Posterizing" and "schooling" are for those with, shall we say, inadequacies.

I'll add one...

Pure basketball wouldn't put in a rule allowing a gigantic FAT person to just throw people out of the way and dunk just cuz he's a "Fan favorite". (aka the no charge zone, aka the Shaq rule)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Danny White;1427769 said:
It's always best to find out sooner, rather than later.

As long as there aren't kids involved, it's always best to keep looking for the right one, and when you find her, it's all the better.

I have friends who ended up marrying the wrong person and they end up having kids and THEN realizing they're in a bad relationship. That's the worst. Then your only options are staying in a bad marriage or risk hurting the lives of your kids.

It probably feels pretty bad right now, but all in all you're probably luck to have found out before it's too late.

Go to Oprah!!! Go to Oprah!!!

Sorry, I was havin' a Springer moment there... :D

phillycard

Reaction score
smarta5150;1428160 said:
I will also like to add a couple things...

You or Wooden said "no showing off" in women's basketball... what about the 1st dunk in a women's game... happened last year or somethingwhen time was expiring and the game was in the bag anyway? That was both showing off and goes against the "no" dunking part of yours or Woodens statement.

Another point... 1 of the ultimate fundamentals of basketball is to take high percentage shots, guess what the highest percentage shot there is, thats right, the slam dunk. Yet you use that to argue mens basketball isnt "pure?"

Good point Smarta. I'd even go so far at add that the women's game has almost as much showboating as the men's game. It's just that they look real silly chest bumping after a big play.